No keybinding/auto run/auto targeting is a deal breaker for me

raely
raely Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Suggestion Box
Maybe I've gotten lazy but these options make game play so much more comfortable that I really can't see myself spending any serious amount of time on a game that doesn't have them.
Post edited by raely on

Comments

• fayted
    fayted Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    For auto run, if I have to walk a far distance, I just jump twice and click a faraway distance point and go AFK. Then check back on the screen to see if I'm near my destination yet.

Just a roundabout way that isn't 100% good, but better than nothing.
  • gardune
    gardune Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I completely agree. I'm a Cleric and it would be so nice to have a button that instantly selects my party members.
  • yawning
    yawning Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    No, it wouldn't.

There's almost no skills involved in MMOing as it is, deal with it.
  • Raeli - Heavens Tear
    Raeli - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    yawning wrote: »
    No, it wouldn't.

There's almost no skills involved in MMOing as it is, deal with it.

Which has no relevance to the topic at hand at all. Control schemes aren't meant to be challenging, they're supposed to work. This is one of many parts of the game where it falls flat on its face, and it's a valid suggestion to have it changed.
  • Peaceandlove - Lost City
    Peaceandlove - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    If you fail to see how it's relevant, you're pretty brainless.

I'm gonna go complain on the COD forums that I have to aim at things.
    PVE is lame.
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    If you fail to see how it's relevant, you're pretty brainless.

I'm gonna go complain on the COD forums that I have to aim at things.
    Please I wish you would learn to draw the line between opinion and fact. I find that more brainless then not knowing what is relevant to this topic or not. I have come to the conclusion just from your one post I have seen that you in fact are no more intelligent than anyone els is "brainless".

I agree with the OP, I would like to see at least something implemented that allows for auto run, sometimes I'll be doing something with my hands and trying to balance the game and what i'm doing irl. Having auto run would make things a lot easier when multitasking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
    edited September 2008
    WINDOWS has "autorun", fail less.

And rofl @ "from one post"...and everything else posted there. And if you think it's "opinion" that it would make an already very simple game even easier, you're delusional.
    PVE is lame.
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    WINDOWS has "autorun", fail less.

And rofl @ "from one post"...and everything else posted there. And if you think it's "opinion" that it would make an already very simple game even easier, you're delusional.

Who said I was using windows?

Of course its opinion, what you find easy might in fact be hard for someone els . That small factor right there is what divides it from being a fact and molds its little self into an opinion. Didn't they teach that in grade school? Or was it you forgot already?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2008
    I can pretty much guarantee you that any OS in existance has stick keys.

Look into solving problems yourself before moaning on the forums.

Edit: Free protip: if you're gonna insult someone, dont START it by saying you're not insulting. Also, try and spell worth a damn when you call someone a kid.

Have a nice day!
    PVE is lame.
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    I can pretty much guarantee you that any OS in existance has stick keys.

Look into solving problems yourself before moaning on the forums.

Edit: Free protip: if you're gonna insult someone, dont START it by saying you're not insulting. Also, try and spell worth a damn when you call someone a kid.

Have a nice day!

I wish you the same! :) Also point out to me what I spelled wrong? I'd like to know so that next time I don't make that same mistake again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2008
    You didn't spell anything wrong like you didn't call me a kid, right? Way to edit.

Grats on degenerating the topic from pointless to retardation.
    PVE is lame.
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    You didn't spell anything wrong like you didn't call me a kid, right? Way to edit.

Grats on degenerating the topic from pointless to retardation.

No hun I think you did that yourself.
    Awww is the little kiddy mad I said something against him? boohoo QQ

EDIT: Protip: Here's one for you, before you run around calling people "brainless" take a look at yourself first, most people at the age of 10 know how to tell the difference between an opinion, and what is clearly a fact.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2008
    Mad?

I think this is pretty hilarious, actually. You have nothing to say and you keep posting bashes while calling ME a kid, rofl. Go you!

And rofl, you keep going on and on about this opinion vs fact ****, but you clearly can't/didn't read. Are you trying to tell me ANYONE ON THE PLANET would find the game HARDER with AUTOTARGETING? BRAINLESS.
    PVE is lame.
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    Mad?

I think this is pretty hilarious, actually. You have nothing to say and you keep posting bashes while calling ME a kid, rofl. Go you!

And rofl, you keep going on and on about this opinion vs fact ****, but you clearly can't/didn't read. Are you trying to tell me ANYONE ON THE PLANET would find the game HARDER with AUTOTARGETING? BRAINLESS.

Now your twisting things, I never said it would be harder with auto run did I? If I did I'd like you to point out where in fact I said that. I simply stated that others find the game harder than you might find it. Thus making what the OP was getting at in his subject something to make it easier for THOSE individuals who happen to find the game easier with them implemented. Not everyone is the same. In FACT we are all very different. Alaways remember no matter what the FACT entails it can always be challenged.

Now just so I can give you a little lesson on the difference between the two here is some reading material.

Opinion:
    1 a : a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter
    2 a : belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge b : a generally held view
    3 a : a formal expression of judgment or advice by an expert

Fact:
    1 : a thing done: as a obsolete : FEAT b : CRIME <accessory after the fact> c archaic : ACTION
    2 archaic : PERFORMANCE , DOING
    3 : the quality of being actual : ACTUALITY <a question of fact hinges on evidence>
    4 a : something that has actual existence <space exploration is now a fact> b : an actual occurrence <prove the fact of damage>
    5 : a piece of information presented as having objective reality
    - in fact : in truth

Opinions are largely emotionally based, while facts are objective. I understand and enjoy a good debate over a hot topic; smoking, religion, abortion, politics. But what kills me is that everyone doesn't argue the facts - they argue their opinions and then try to pass them off as facts. And on the other hand, when someone does state an opinion, then everyone argues as though he or she were trying to say it was a fact.

An opinion is formed in the mind, usually through experiences, morals, and ethics, but hopefully founded on facts. To simply say "Abortion is wrong because it says so in the Bible" is an example of someone passing off an opinion as though it were a fact. But even if you did research the facts and still have your opinion, fine, but it's still an opinion. Additionally, we all know that each human has a completely different chemical make-up to along with fingerprints and DNA, so a person cannot accurately judge how he or she dealt with a situation versus someone else going through the same situation because they are not the other person.

Now in case you read that you would have learned an opinion is largly based around emotions. You finding a game to be difficult or challenging is in fact tied to how you emotionally feel about it. The same can be said vise verse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2008
    I can't even tell if you're serious anymore this is so ****.

Since you can't seem to read it correctly the first time, here's what happened:

I SAID:
    And if you think it's "opinion" that it would make an already very simple game even easier, you're delusional.

YOU RESPONDED:
    sikozu wrote: »
    Of course its opinion, what you find easy might in fact be hard for someone els .

But the FACT is that this would make the game easier for EVERYONE.
    PVE is lame.
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008

I SAID:

YOU RESPONDED:

Again, you find yourself not understanding me. I replied with that statement in regards to what you said about it "already being easy" when in FACT others might find it difficult. Also if you find this so "****" then why respond?

Note when I say difficult, I do not mean that person is not able to handle the game in all of its challenge content, this go's far beyond that. A game can be challenging in many different ways. Such as a legally blind person would need to make the font bigger so they could read it, or someone who only has one arm would need to have a way of altering the keybindings and perhaps having auto target to make things easier on them. Do you grasp my point yet? Or are you going to continue this pointless rebuttal b/c you fear I am putting too much pressure on you to respond?

I am trying to in all of its clarity to teach you. Not insult you. I may have in fact called you a kid to begin with to grasp your attention. You need to start thinking outside of what you may already know into other perspectives of other people. Once you learn this it will make things a lot easier for you in the future, not to mention you wont be so hostile towards people and respond in such a way that has "flame" in forum terms, written all over it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2008
    I've not commented on the keybinding for a reason, I agree with that.

As far as putting in tab targeting to make the game accessable to one armed people...yeah, pretty sure you're just trying to be funny now. If you honestly think games should be made easier for the masses just because there MIGHT be a one armed man playing...you need metal help.

I only have one eye, I think FPS games should put in auto targeting because I'm at a disadvantage!!!

lmfao
    PVE is lame.
  • Raeli - Heavens Tear
    Raeli - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Again, you find yourself not understanding me. I replied with that statement in regards to what you said about it "already being easy" when in FACT others might find it difficult. Also if you find this so "****" then why respond?

You've made the mistake of feeding a troll - like a stray dog, once fed they simply won't leave you alone. I'd simply ignore Peaceandlove from this point on, as with this variety there is likely nothing you can say that will really make a difference to him/her.

In the hopes of staying at least slightly on topic, I still agree with the original poster. Especially considering that if they really wish to capture a significant portion of the North American market, they're going to need to have controls that its players are already familiar with, namely those used in games such as World of Warcraft and Lord of the RIngs Online.
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    I've not commented on the keybinding for a reason, I agree with that.

As far as putting in tab targeting to make the game accessable to one armed people...yeah, pretty sure you're just trying to be funny now. If you honestly think games should be made easier for the masses just because there MIGHT be a one armed man playing...you need metal help.

I only have one eye, I think FPS games should put in auto targeting because I'm at a disadvantage!!!

lmfao

No honestly I'm not trying to be funny. That very same situation applies to individuals I know irl. Almost every other game out there has options accessible to the less fortunate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2008
    Ah the old "I don't agree, I'll call him a troll".

Well played.
    PVE is lame.
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    In the hopes of staying at least slightly on topic, I still agree with the original poster. Especially considering that if they really wish to capture a significant portion of the North American market, they're going to need to have controls that its players are already familiar with, namely those used in games such as World of Warcraft and Lord of the RIngs Online.

Yeah I am totally used to being able to edit things such as where windows are placed in the game. Font size. The opacity of backgrounds. I could go on and on lol. Some of these may have already been implemented, but I really think they should add more options to them :)

I feel this game is wonderful in all of contents. But they need to make it just a bit more versatile. Us Americans love our choices no? :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2008

I SAID:

YOU RESPONDED:

This is not a fact. It would not make the game easier for me, actually it would be more annoying since I won't have much control over what I target and I already auto run as it is. It is NOT a FACT that it will be better for EVERYONE because if just ONE person says its not then its not EVERYONE anymore.:eek:
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited September 2008
    You wouldn't have to use it so it would never make it harder, and to say you'd NEVER use it is basically a flat out lie.

Although youre a PVE scrub, so you may be telling the truth :)
    PVE is lame.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    You wouldn't have to use it so it would never make it harder, and to say you'd NEVER use it is basically a flat out lie.

Although youre a PVE scrub, so you may be telling the truth :)

I have characters on both servers and got to level 40 in CB, I know my way around pk.:cool:

I can auto run already just by clicking something really far away, I've gone across a good deal of the map with one click so that's useless.

Auto-targeting would target the nearest thing which would REALLY help out bots and we don't need that, plus half the time I'd target everything OTHER than what I want. There is also the fact that moving fast when doing a pk run helps you survive since its hard to target you, which is the point.

The auto-run is useless and the auto-target would cause more harm than good.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited September 2008
    tabtarget could prove very "useful" in PVP...but they type of "useful" that shouldn't be offered, I agree.
    PVE is lame.
  • nayytin
    nayytin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Lol, uhm, this is a suggestion thread i thought, not an argument thread or flaming thread, but yea Auto-run that doesn't require using sticky keys (I dun like teh stickah keyz) would be awesome, thats one thing that WoW has made me lazy about =P
    edited September 2008
    Everything on a forum is a discussion =p

I really don't understand what's wrong with jumping and clicking? Hell, you can even click and then tab out and when you click back in-game, you're where you clicked. I do it all the time, it's fantastic.

In fact, I did it in order to write that post...I was at Etherblade and now I'm at Swarm Hill. Woot!
    PVE is lame.
  • proxyt
    proxyt Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    /agree

with adding
    -Key bindings options
    -Autorun
    -Option to autotarget, or target with something other than your mouse. [because often you have to be using the mouse to check out the area instead of clicking on someone to target.]
  • mardukprophet
    mardukprophet Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    But they need to make it just a bit more versatile. Us Americans love our choices no? :P
    ...Us Americans love our laziness no? :P

Fixed.

This thread was spawned from the lazy stereotype of Americans today (this, coming from an American). It is my opinion that if you can't figure out the basic mechanics of a game over the course of a few days, just stop playing it altogether. Chances are, this game isn't for you. The world changes for no one individual, especially in such a drastic way. It was stated in the thread title that not having three specific functions is a deal-breaker. So, why even bother posting about it? I don't understand.

In fact, one could easily argue that auto-run is already in game (numerous people have already pointed this out, I know) by simply clicking once on a distance location.

Edit: Actually, you know what? Cancel this entire post. Zoe's post fits perfectly.
    darthpanda16:
    I will start deleting posts that are just posts to post in the Tech Support forums.
  • icebreath
    icebreath Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    raely wrote: »
    Maybe I've gotten lazy but these options make game play so much more comfortable that I really can't see myself spending any serious amount of time on a game that doesn't have them.

No your not lazy, its a must to have those in a MMOG to make people play longer aka not quiting and going back to the games they came from!

I know for sure that i wont stay long if they dont fix like target & pet skills & Locking the damn action bars and skills in them ect.. so much to put here lolz

Anyway many of those things are in other post!

;)