low lvl riding mounts?

Options
sgtstrif
sgtstrif Posts: 18 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
I don't know if I'm missing something, but why do I see people under lvl 35 riding lvl 40 or 60 mounts?

I saw a chick riding the kirin mount and she was definitely not lvl 60, She had all the amour of a newly lvl 30 along with a lvl 34 sword.

I also saw a chick riding a Elephant and she was definitely not lvl 40, unless she decided to wear every piece of equipment that a lvl 14 would wear.

Then a guy in my guild who I know isn't even lvl 30 yet was riding a Kirin mount.

So either everyone is downdressing or I am missing that you now can ride mounts at any level?
Post edited by sgtstrif on

Comments

• rsb
    rsb Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    if you get the speed upgrade it will lower the mounts level restriction to 20. go to the cash shop in game and look at the mount upgrades they have been changed to show that they will lower the level from 40 to 20 for the first one and 60 to 20 for the other one
  • sgtstrif
    sgtstrif Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    that would explain, thanks rsb.
  • Radrok - Heavens Tear
    Radrok - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    no problem i just had that answered the other day for me cuz ive been seeing a lot of them around now.

Edit- yay my name on here is Radrox now not my stupid rsb nickname
  • Peaceandlove - Lost City
    Peaceandlove - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    rsb wrote: »
    if you get the speed upgrade it will lower the mounts level restriction to 20. go to the cash shop in game and look at the mount upgrades they have been changed to show that they will lower the level from 40 to 20 for the first one and 60 to 20 for the other one

Wait, what? The seems massively broken.

Before I start caring about this game I suppose I should research the shop, since I'll be spending $0 in it this game might not even be worth playing.
    PVE is lame.
  • Unreal - Lost City
    Unreal - Lost City Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    There is no MUST in buying Item-mall items with real money.

At this game, you can buy Item-Mall items via Ingame Gold.
    At Lost City its about 200.000 ingame-Money for a 2.50 Zen Gold Item.

Its up to you if you wanna spend real cash, ingamecash, or non cash at all on Item-Mall items :)
    €dit as much as you want. You cant Change the Truth!
    So dont think you are save. I am watching YOU!

[SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=466772001&dateline=1222356429[/SIGPIC]
    Faction: ReaL
    Old Factions: UnLimited, Heartless
    Server: Lost City - Its the way online mmorpg's should be.
    edited September 2008
    Options
    If the imbalance between payers and non-payers is too great, it's not worth playing IMO.

But like I said, need to read up first =p
    PVE is lame.
  • Boniu - Lost City
    Boniu - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    they should indicate that buying the upgrade will lower the ride's lvl to 20 in the cash shop, this way people will know for sure.
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    They do now.
    edited September 2008
    Options
    tinkus wrote: »
    They do now.

...if they troll the forums
    PVE is lame.
  • kunovega
    kunovega Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    If the imbalance between payers and non-payers is too great, it's not worth playing IMO.

there's no real imbalance, its mearly a question of time

buying stuff with cash lets you get things faster

doing everything free mearly takes you longer

your being handed a completely free game, dont whine just because people who spend the money (to allow the game to stay in business) get things faster than you
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Who was whining? What the...
    PVE is lame.
  • sonata
    sonata Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    kunovega wrote: »
    there's no real imbalance, its mearly a question of time

buying stuff with cash lets you get things faster

doing everything free mearly takes you longer

your being handed a completely free game, dont whine just because people who spend the money (to allow the game to stay in business) get things faster than you

lol...i think you need to read again what Peace was saying. I don't think he was whining about ppl who spend money. Reading is your friend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost City PVP: SonataStar - Venomancer 1x
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Aye. I come from another F2P MMO where I was a fairly heavy donator, and I'm just not ready to get back into that again. At least not yet.
    PVE is lame.
  • Agony - Lost City
    Agony - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Right on the upgrade item now, it says that it lowers the level.

So you don't have to troll the forums to find out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CB> Ruin/Cleric
    OB> Agony/Cleric
  • Loompa - Lost City
    Loompa - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Its a glitch in the game or thats what Ive been told. Im guessing the reason it wasnt fixed is because this is a business and they are profiting off people buying 2 items instead of just the ride.
  • Vaelissa - Heavens Tear
    Vaelissa - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    It is clearly stated as a feature on the upgrade items, so I doubt it is a glitch. However, there does appear to be a bug with what is displayed for the upgrade item itself.

For instance, I see the "Spurs of Alacrity" listing that it lowers the required level from 40 to 20, and the "Galewind Spurs" also list that it lowers the level from 40 to 20. It appears like this for all characters I have and even if I relog it is the same. I figured this was normal, however, other people say they see it as lowering the required level from 60 to 20 instead of 40 to 20 as it lists for me. Considering I have seen many people I am pretty sure are not yet 60 riding Kirins, I am inclined to believe that it is a display bug on my end only.
  • robertjanvaneijk
    robertjanvaneijk Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    sgtstrif wrote: »
    I don't know if I'm missing something, but why do I see people under lvl 35 riding lvl 40 or 60 mounts?

I saw a chick riding the kirin mount and she was definitely not lvl 60, She had all the amour of a newly lvl 30 along with a lvl 34 sword.

I also saw a chick riding a Elephant and she was definitely not lvl 40, unless she decided to wear every piece of equipment that a lvl 14 would wear.

Then a guy in my guild who I know isn't even lvl 30 yet was riding a Kirin mount.

So either everyone is downdressing or I am missing that you now can ride mounts at any level?

Whats the current price of 1 gold in Euro's?
  • russel
    russel Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options

Ofcourse ppl who spent rl money will be in advantage? What do you expect? The company needs to make money. Ppl who spent money can buy Hiero's so they don't have to sit or use potions thus they cna kill faster. Ppl with money can buy Exp. scrollss which makes you gain more exp.
    When you hit 60 ppl with real money can "Zhen". Using Hiero's and Miji's will level you like crazy when zhenning.

Ppl who don't spent a dime will be levelling slower than paying customers. The good thing about this game is that you can get all the items without spending real money, but spent a lot of ingame gold. But you need to invest time to make money and that time could have been spent on levelling.....
  • Wei - Heavens Tear
    Wei - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options

If the imbalance between payers and non-payers is not great enough, it's not worth paying IMO.
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    ...if they troll the forums

During one of the patches, the shop description of the speed upgrade was changed to also include 'Lowers the level requisite from 40 to 20". So, people don't need to troll the forums to find this out now :).
    It is clearly stated as a feature on the upgrade items, so I doubt it is a glitch. However, there does appear to be a bug with what is displayed for the upgrade item itself.

For instance, I see the "Spurs of Alacrity" listing that it lowers the required level from 40 to 20, and the "Galewind Spurs" also list that it lowers the level from 40 to 20. It appears like this for all characters I have and even if I relog it is the same. I figured this was normal, however, other people say they see it as lowering the required level from 60 to 20 instead of 40 to 20 as it lists for me. Considering I have seen many people I am pretty sure are not yet 60 riding Kirins, I am inclined to believe that it is a display bug on my end only.

I see the same thing, so it must be a typo :).
  • jager
    jager Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    My friend spent all this time saving up to buy the spur thing and can't even figure out how it works. I was of no use because I never used one. If someone knows could you please let me know. Thanks
  • Misslei - Lost City
    Misslei - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    in the big city after you done all the start area quests thiers a pet manager go thier