Advantages of dungeon runs

rena
rena Posts: 184 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
I was wondering what sort of rewards to do get from running a instance ? Is it only XP ? Or are there unique drops that can only be found in the dungeon ? And if so are these drops tradable ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=6931
emberglades.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Post edited by rena on

Comments

• senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    One type of instance dungeon is the iron blood tablet dungeons that you get roughly every 10 levels ( x9 ). These bosses have a small chance to drop molder items, which are used to craft yellow named equips that are generally better than other equipment you could get at the same level. If the person has the tablets with them, killing the boss also awards a nice amount of quest xp to each member of the party.

Another type of instance is Holy Hall, where bosses have a medium chance of dropping HH materials, which are used to make green named equipment.

Also, all these drops are tradeable, yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rena
    edited August 2008
    I see so main drop from dungeons are crafting materials. Is there alternate ways of obtaining these materials or are some items exclusive to dungeons ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaus
    kaus Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    that sounds rather simple enough, i thought it would be a little more complicated then that, looks like theres nothing to worry about i suppose.
  • senovit
    edited August 2008
    rena wrote: »
    I see so main drop from dungeons are crafting materials. Is there alternate ways of obtaining these materials or are some items exclusive to dungeons ?

All the items are exclusive to the bosses that drop them. Only alternate method is to buy them from other players, which of course involve them having to be farmed from those bosses in the first place.

One thing I forgot to mention, starting from fb89, bosses also drop skill books for heaven/hell =]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rena
    edited August 2008
    senovit wrote: »
    All the items are exclusive to the bosses that drop them. Only alternate method is to buy them from other players, which of course involve them having to be farmed from those bosses in the first place.

One thing I forgot to mention, starting from fb89, bosses also drop skill books for heaven/hell =]

Thank you for your help, The exclusivity makes me feel better, it be a big bummer is it wasnt but do wish there was a bit more variation of drops, maybe unique flying mounts or such. I know this is a bit off topic from what I originally asked but you only seemed to mention a few dungeons. How many total dungeons is in the original game ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sphinx
    sphinx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    senovit wrote: »

what are the skill books good for?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kammie
    kammie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    sphinx wrote: »
    what are the skill books good for?

starting level 89, u get the cultivation quests for demon or heaven cultivation. After u finish either, u will be able to upgrade your existing skills to a more powerfull one, which generally involves higher damage skills + extra attributes. There wlll be a difference in these attributes whether u choose demon or heaven.

Skill changes can be viewed here: http://perso.numericable.fr/ecatomb/pw/skillmy.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • senovit
    edited August 2008
    How many total dungeons is in the original game ?
    Um, it's hard to say. You have FB's 19-79, then 2 89's (one for heaven, one for hell), 2 99's (again, one for heaven, one for hell). There's also event areas that are technically classified as dungeons, like the horse race area, dragon palace event, or netherbeast city. There's also Holy Hall, which is comprised of 3 smaller dungeons that you can pick from once starting, each with 3 different difficulty levels. There's also a dungeon called Ghost realm which contains a few quests. Not sure what else I've missed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rena
    edited August 2008
    When you say FB does that refer to the dungeon name or the type of dungeon ? are they all different with different bosses or just different strength ? Also you said 19-79, so are they intervolves of 10 ? like 19/29/39/49 ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • senovit
    edited August 2008
    FB's are a type of dungeon in which you get an Iron Blood Tablet. I'm just used to calling it that since that's what everyone calls them on the server I played before. They all have different bosses, and get harder the higher level they become available - for instance, fb70 is harder than fb59 which is harder than fb51, and so on and so forth. There are some exceptions though... like fb79 bosses being easier than fb69.

And yeah... it's a bit confusing but for the most part it's every 10 levels. In case you're interestd -
    19, 29, 39, 51, 70(1/3 tabs gettable at 69, the other 2/3 at 70), 79(3/4 tabs gettable at level 77), 89, 99.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rena
    edited August 2008
    Thanks that answered alot of questions, are these tablets something you can pick up one after the other or do you need to have a special condiction to recieve a tablet ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • senovit
    edited August 2008
    Depends on the tablets. Some of them just require you to be the certain level to get the quest, others require you to finish a cultivatoin in order to get the quest, still others have other conditions like clearing another normal quest first or killing 2 bosses in the dungeon before leaving, grabbing another tab and coming back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shizo
    shizo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    And there are vines, which decrease the amount of mobs inside the dungeon at around 85%. The vines work for fb19-99, for fb 109 there isn't a Vine yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Shizo - Blademaster 9x - Conqueror

Quitted trolling the forums. PM me ingame, if want something

Sig by Sev.
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    shizo wrote: »
    And there are vines, which decrease the amount of mobs inside the dungeon at around 85%. The vines work for fb19-99, for fb 109 there isn't a Vine yet.

I know you meant wines. I don't think the "Drunken Poets" would appreciate drinking vines. ^_~
    There is a drunken poet in most dungeons that will clear most monsters (except for the bosses) from the dungeon if you give him incentive (a specific wine). I don't know if they will change drunken poet to "Sweet Tooth Poet" in Perfect World International, and change wine to "Candy" to comply with the ratings system in the states. (Just kidding. Though it would not bother me.)

The main part of the FB dungeons are that they are instanced, so that people don't need to compete for the same boss to rank up (though there are some mostly fast re-spawning bosses to complete outside of the dungeon that don't provide the special drops.) Another bonus, players don't have to compete with others to farm for special crafting materials in the instance dungeons.

Thank you for your help, The exclusivity makes me feel better, it be a big bummer is it wasnt but do wish there was a bit more variation of drops, maybe unique flying mounts or such. I know this is a bit off topic from what I originally asked but you only seemed to mention a few dungeons. How many total dungeons is in the original game ?

There are at least 29 dungeon instance areas that I know of offhand on the PW-China servers. I am not sure how many of those areas we will have at the beta, since many of them are for high level players. Maybe around half of them? I've also noticed on the server in China, they have sneak previews for new areas, so it's still an evolving game.

There are some quests that provide unique in game mounts (i.e. dragon quest), but these are really grueling quests, and some people ride around town on such a mount as prestige. (One example of an unique in game mount is the "white horse". I'm still waiting for my "Prince on a White Horse" T.T )
  • devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Dont forget frost walk and forest ruins i think they were called on PW-MY. They arent open on the MY server atm.
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • senovit
    edited August 2008
    Forest ruins was open, but closed due to a bug they found that let players go through the walls/underground, and PW-Beijing has yet to fix it. This could be remedied simply by having an online GM active each time the event is up and patrolling the bugged area, but MY-EN doesn't do that S:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • flash1337
    flash1337 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    how do you guys know about the gameplay yet? were you apart of alpha testing or something?
  • kelo
    kelo Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Most people knowing about gameplay are those (like me) that played the Malaysian "English" (commonly abreviated MY-EN) version of the game, which isn't IP blocked. The game itself has been around in China for nearly 2 years I think, and there's a few versions for Asian countries (most are IP-restricted).
    ~ Through the darkest of night, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor
  • endless
    endless Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I miss my gold//yellow divine stuffs.. :cool: can't wait to make some then get it wiped out again :D
  • sethan
    sethan Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    yes there areb fb19/29/39 and so on..... its hard to get a mold, but when u got it, my friend got some mold lvl 49 and my equipment was lvl 54 with three star+1 and my eq still lose compare to him
  • wintertitan
    wintertitan Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    When you say FB does that refer to the dungeon name or the type of dungeon ? are they all different with different bosses or just different strength ? Also you said 19-79, so are they intervolves of 10 ? like 19/29/39/49 ?

Yes, it's every 10 levels. 19,29,39,49 etc..