Venomancer vs Attack Cleric

Options
livejamie
livejamie Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
I can't really decide between these two classes.

What are the pros and cons between each, when it comes to PVP and PVE.

Thanks so much!

Also, what if a Venomancer came across an Attack Cleric in PVP?
Post edited by livejamie on

Comments

• sgtstrif
    sgtstrif Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I am an attack Cleric, I thoroughly enjoy big numbers on my screen and out damaging wizards. Unfortunately I am not at a level high enough to reap the blessings from the long process but already I can see a difference between my Cleric and my guild members Healing Cleric. I think that a DD Cleric would take out a Veno any day. With all the buffs and debuffs you can easily cut through the Veno herself and deal your damage weather physical or magic even though they have a pet attacking you. You just have to play your cards right, because if you slip up that veno has enough punch to knock you down hard. I do admire Veno's though, My friend can basically solo every mini-boss out there, when her quests ask for um, at the low levels (20-40). But i've yet to see the real things happen when everyone gets to around 60+. I think you are just going to have to go with your gut :D
  • livejamie
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Thanks for the response. I'm playing both atm and I still can't decide.

Other people's input would be appreciated. ^^
  • andyboi
    andyboi Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    as an attack cleric, you are going to be yelled at, screamed at and kicked from parties. Pretty much you'll get a lot of criticism. So if you can live through that, you are fine. Also, I have never played a Veno, but i heard they are the best class to get money.
  • meome
    meome Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    If you put the veno into sleep before she removes your buffs and do all kind of debuffs while her sawfly pet could almost 2 hit you.But still even she is in sleep while you are attacking her pet could destroy you,you could only try to kill the pet before it kills you then finish her off.

You really have to play smart,because heavy venos are harder to kill then barbarians/blademasters.
  • livejamie
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I'm currently playing cabal as a Magic Force Shielder, and get yelled at and made fun of all the time, but I'm pretty unstoppable 1-on-1.

I'm used to it. :)

But if the venomancer is stronger, I think i'd lean toward that.

In the attack cleric guide it seems to be like 100% positive about the class except for this part
    HA: (Rather Hard) Either the pet or the venomancer is going to hit you really hard here. Try healing
    yourself to endure long enough to dish out a few blows, but I doubt you can win here.

Which made me wonder, is a HA Veno a better choice? :)
  • livejamie
    edited September 2008
    Options
    meome wrote: »
    If you put the veno into sleep before she removes your buffs and do all kind of debuffs while her sawfly pet could almost 2 hit you.But still even she is in sleep while you are attacking her pet could destroy you,you could only try to kill the pet before it kills you then finish her off.

You really have to play smart,because heavy venos are harder to kill then barbarians/blademasters.

Venos get pets that can 2 hit people? lawl

I think I might go that route then.. *shrug*

Other peoples input would be appreciated. :)
  • cerberus
    cerberus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    venos are the worst in pvp but best soloers witch mean getting more money usually clerics are real good in pvp and are needed in parties but in pve die alot at early levels and can survive the mobs at higher lvls becuse most mobs have magic by then.
  • livejamie
    edited September 2008
    Options
    cerberus wrote: »
    venos are the worst in pve but best soloers witch mean getting more money usually clerics are real good in pvp and are needed in parties but in pve die alot at early levels and can survive the mobs at higher lvls becuse most mobs have magic by then.

I thought they were the best solo class, how can they be the worst in PVE? o_o
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    The prob with the veno is the pet skills and skill levels. Also things change a lot as the levels get higher.

Veno pets can aquire rare skills in the dragon palece event such as a skill that increse ur pets atk by 60%(at lvl 5 -which require lvl 80 pet) for a hour. and there is always the ripping bite bug that i guess still works here.

So if you are up vs a normal veno with no facy pets you'd win with sleep,atack,paralize,atack,atack. If the veno has a pet on steroids you'd prolly be dead after the paralize skill is cast. Remeber also that at lvl89 the veno skill "summer sprint" will make it immune vs sleep/stun/paralize and the veno will have that 9-10 m/s speed with the fox change skill. So things will speed up a lot and get very tricky for a priest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • cerberus
    cerberus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    meant to say pvp lipe lol
  • livejamie
    edited September 2008
    Options
    lipe124 wrote: »
    The prob with the veno is the pet skills and skill levels. Also things change a lot as the levels get higher.

Veno pets can aquire rare skills in the dragon palece event such as a skill that increse ur pets atk by 60%(at lvl 5 -which require lvl 80 pet) for a hour. and there is always the ripping bite bug that i guess still works here.

So if you are up vs a normal veno with no facy pets you'd win with sleep,atack,paralize,atack,atack. If the veno has a pet on steroids you'd prolly be dead after the paralize skill is cast. Remeber also that at lvl89 the veno skill "summer sprint" will make it immune vs sleep/stun/paralize and the veno will have that 9-10 m/s speed with the fox change skill. So things will speed up a lot and get very tricky for a priest.

Wow so based on what you're saying, as long as a veno has a good pet, it can easily take a cleric.

How hard is it to get a "pet on steroids?"
  • mudeater
    mudeater Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    What's an attack Cleric? Isn't INT the stat for Heal AND Attack, and you can learn all skills? So what can be the difference between the 2?
  • livejamie
    edited September 2008
    Options
    mudeater wrote: »
    What's an attack Cleric? Isn't INT the stat for Heal AND Attack, and you can learn all skills? So what can be the difference between the 2?

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=11781

Also, what's an example of a pet on steroids?
  • mudeater
    mudeater Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    So that means you wont even pick up heals to heal yourself (judging from the guide)? In that case I think a pure caster Veno would destroy you, shifting in Fox to remove all your buffs and with 75% dmg reduction with Bramble. Like Caster vs Caster, except your buffs are taken, your dmg is majorly reduced, and you got a melee pet biting at you, that can be easily healed up by the veno. Just theory tough I'm still fairly noob. Otherwise if you pick up heals and play like an outlasting game then maybe but from vids I saw Veno are extremely good in pvp contrary to what ppl say.
  • puppetsoul
    puppetsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    sgtstrif wrote: »
    I am an attack Cleric, I thoroughly enjoy big numbers on my screen and out damaging wizards. Unfortunately I am not at a level high enough to reap the blessings from the long process but already I can see a difference between my Cleric and my guild members Healing Cleric. I think that a DD Cleric would take out a Veno any day. With all the buffs and debuffs you can easily cut through the Veno herself and deal your damage weather physical or magic even though they have a pet attacking you. You just have to play your cards right, because if you slip up that veno has enough punch to knock you down hard. I do admire Veno's though, My friend can basically solo every mini-boss out there, when her quests ask for um, at the low levels (20-40). But i've yet to see the real things happen when everyone gets to around 60+. I think you are just going to have to go with your gut :D

WF casts Bramble Array.
    Sawfly casts lvl4 Ripping Bite.
    EP presses Return to Town.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Juxtapose - Lost City
    Juxtapose - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    It's really a mixed bag when you try to compare the two. Veno can kill lots of things solo, and do quite well into the 60's. If you get bored fast I wouldn't suggest Veno, cause past 60 its like a damn nightmare as you will NEVER get invites to groups unless it involves pulling (dungeons, fb's, etc) and going it alone can get VERY boring when you realize how much exp you have til your next levels.

As an attack cleric, you will absolutely need to use the cash shop to even stay up with your MP use. This means buying mana charms from either players or with your own money, its just not feasible in the 50-60 range with a level 10 Plume, each shot takes so much MP its silly. Up side to this is, you will get invites to groups, but may **** some others off by not having healing, group buffs and mediocre single target buffs (depending on the level and what you chose to level).
  • Peaceandlove - Lost City
    Peaceandlove - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Are you Juxta from RF? xD
    PVE is lame.
  • Juxtapose - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Are you Juxta from RF? xD

I just posted in the other topic saying I knew a PEACEandLOVE from RF >.<. I figured you would see it there.
  • Peaceandlove - Lost City
    Peaceandlove - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    LoL, what's up =P
    PVE is lame.
  • Juxtapose - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Options
    LoL, what's up =P

Death and destruction o.o. Seriously though, haven't really been playing this game for week+. I sometimes come around to check it out. Rushed to 35 same old, same old.
  • livejamie
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Let's give this thread a bump. :3