Gold vs Zen

luvisan
luvisan Posts: 42 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hello all,

I was wondering what the diffrence is between zen you buy and Gold you win by defeating monsters? Can you use gold to buy zen? Zen is for buying special outfits correct?

Does :confused:anyone have a guide that explains all this?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by luvisan on

Comments

• mastrgamr26
    mastrgamr26 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Zen is using REAL money. (billing.perfectworld.com) cant buy Zen until u are level 10. gold is... money for ingame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • luvisan
    luvisan Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I know that part! do you use zen to buy more gold so you can get more items ingame? What is Zen for? Why buy zen if you earning the gold ingame to buy items? I am still confused.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • peregryn
    peregryn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    attempting to explain, zen per se only exist on website, once you purchase it and declare what server you want to send it to it becomes gold, one thing of note zen/gold can only be spent in cash shop while gold you get for quests, killing monsters, trading items with players/NPC's is worthless in cash shop. hence why it is called "Cash Shop".

I have heard there is a way to trade zen(cash shop gold) on auction house, but ..... that is the only way I have heard of turning cash shop zen into ingame gold or vice versa
    Perhaps the greatest secret to getting along with others lies in learning to respect their opinion(s) even while you disagree with them.
  • loughman
    loughman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Zen you buy with real life money and it buys you extra items you cannot buy with in-game cash called gold. Zen items usually aren't essential to game play but at some point they do come in handy.
  • snicker
    snicker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    yes, is there a guide that explains this further? I understand the concept, played that "other" game for a short while where "gpotatoe" was the deterant to play...

anyone know of a "guide to zen" website? or a site that has a chart of what is available by purchasing Zen? it's pretty vague so far :(

okay... EDIT! forgive me i am new... but i think i just found a quick answer to my own question and hope this helps others:

go to www.perfectworld.com.my , on the horizontal menu bar near the top of the page choose "products"... i hope it is safe to assume the same game content available on the asian servers will be available here at launch of "PW International"?

also http://support.perfectworld.com/currency/zen is somewhat "vague" about what is available but if you followed the link to www.perfectworld.com.my and look at the "products menu"... you should, as i have, get the "just of it"

feel free to correct me if I am wrong... anyone? I am still downloading this game as i try to figure this out... can;t wait to see what all the hype is about :)
  • kroky
    kroky Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I couldn't agree more with you - when I was in your situation (i.e. game not downloaded yet, but wanted to know everything) I was quite frustrated that I couldn't find any comprehensive information on the stuff I could possibly buy with Zen (should I decide to buy ZEN, that is :)). But anyway, I've started to play and voil
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kroky the Dragonslayer
  • kroky
    edited September 2008
    (Damn the quick reply - It cut half of my message off)

I couldn't agree more with you - when I was in your situation (i.e. game not downloaded yet, but wanted to know everything) I was quite frustrated that I couldn't find any comprehensive information on the stuff I could possibly buy with Zen (should I decide to buy ZEN, that is :)). But anyway, I've started to play and voil
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kroky the Dragonslayer
  • kroky
    edited September 2008
    snicker wrote: »
    yes, is there a guide that explains this further? I understand the concept, played that "other" game for a short while where "gpotatoe" was the deterant to play...

anyone know of a "guide to zen" website? or a site that has a chart of what is available by purchasing Zen? it's pretty vague so far :(

okay... EDIT! forgive me i am new... but i think i just found a quick answer to my own question and hope this helps others:

go to www.perfectworld.com.my , on the horizontal menu bar near the top of the page choose "products"... i hope it is safe to assume the same game content available on the asian servers will be available here at launch of "PW International"?

also http://support.perfectworld.com/currency/zen is somewhat "vague" about what is available but if you followed the link to www.perfectworld.com.my and look at the "products menu"... you should, as i have, get the "just of it"

feel free to correct me if I am wrong... anyone? I am still downloading this game as i try to figure this out... can;t wait to see what all the hype is about :)

(I guess I messed up with my last 2 messages :o just ignore them)

I couldn't agree more with you - when I was in your situation (i.e. game not downloaded yet, but wanted to know everything) I was quite frustrated that I couldn't find any comprehensive information on the stuff I could possibly buy with Zen (should I decide to buy ZEN, that is ). But anyway, I've started to play and voila - there's a small icon right under the minimap in upper right corner that pops up an ZEN items shop window when clicked. There you can browse all available ZEN items without spending any money in advance. At least I didn't buy a pig in a poke.

Items are nothing special and not in any way essential to playing this game, though. They are just nice to have. And this is valid for let's say 1 out of 10 items

So much for my opinion.... Excuse my rattling, but I'm getting bored at work and just can't wait to get my **** out of here and continue playing PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kroky the Dragonslayer
  • snicker
    snicker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    cool, yeah... i am one of those ppl who has shucked out $$$ for years and years on monthly subscriptions , expansion packs, etc... even books from EB games haha... and i'm sure it won't bother me too much to pay for Zen if there's something i REALLY want/need. The devs have to put food on their tables too and I am hoping PW turns out to be as good as all the reviews I been reading.
    My only concern is "how much" one has to pay in real dollars to get the good stuff. It will make or break the game for me if it's getting to be a major cash-grab on their part at some point.

Thanks fot the replies!
  • Paulytnz - Heavens Tear
    Paulytnz - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Okay guys I read this post yesterday just before I purchased some Zen because I too was unsure about it so I read the forums to see if I could find any info that would help me before I did make the purchase. I did not find anything helpful.

So I purchased Zen anyway and believe I can answer your questions. Here goes:

1 - You pay real life cash to purchase "Zen". There are a few ways you can pay for this; by credit card and various other options.

2 - You then have to transfer the Zen to your in game account by choosing which world it will go to.

For $20 US you get 2000 Zen (maybe a little bit more, depending on payment method). For me this 2000 zen turned into 20 "boutique" Gold. Think of that gold as 1 dollar in the game. Now most items cost gold varying in prices of 1, 2, 5, 10 etc. However some items cost less than 1 gold so it then changes to silver. Think of silver as cents for your gold. 1 boutique gold = 100 silver.

So lets say you have 20 bg (boutique gold) and you buy one shout item which costs 10 silver. You will then have 19 gold and 90 silver left. I think that sums it up, I will now give you guys a few examples of some of the prices. Now this is off the top of my head and you can check this in the boutique yourself.

First set of male clothes:

Shirt - 1 Gold.
    Gloves - 2 Gold
    Shorts - 1 Gold
    Shoes - 1 Gold
    Bank increase item - 2 Gold
    Personal Invent increase item - 3 Gold?
    Shout item - 10 silver

If you have any questions (especially about dyes) feel free to whisper me or send me mail in game.
  • lightblomm
    lightblomm Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    How much gold is 1000 Zen? :S:S:S

I gona buy zen, and if its lets say only 10 gold, its worthless... so how much is it? :D

________________________________________________________________________________________
    Oh gotcha, well thats not exatly what i was hoping for :(
  • element1811
    element1811 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    can i buy zen in lreland? b:question
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    can i buy zen in lreland? b:question

Yes you can. Ues your credit card, and paypal.

/Necro'd thread.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Lloyd, threads don't show up in my search if you say "necro'd" or anything other than just "necro". Keep that in mind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.