Zoom out (not asking for larger zoom)

unverified
unverified Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
How the hell do you zoom out ? o.O the controls say Ctrl and End but it isn't working :confused:
Post edited by unverified on

Comments

• hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    you can zoom out and zoom in your camera with the scroll wheel on your mouse
  • baba0
    baba0 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    How do you zom out farther?! Is there a 3rd party utility that would allow it? I can hardly see enough and it is very ackward to play as is.
    hawk wrote: »
    [Insert Sig Here]
    Playing PW since 09/07/08 :eek:
  • catechist
    catechist Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Are you at max resolution? If not that will make the screen bigger which will increase your field of vision. :eek:
  • baba0
    baba0 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    catechist wrote: »
    Are you at max resolution? If not that will make the screen bigger which will increase your field of vision. :eek:

My resolution is "almost" 1280x1024.
    I play in Windowed Mode and my desktop is 1280x1024.

For some odd reason, if in full mode (not windowed), my computer (windows xp) will not give PWI back mouse control when I alt-tab back into the PWI client. So, I switched PWI to windows mode to combat this.

I would prefer to play PWI in full mode at 1280x1024 and alt-tab in/out as needed.
    But this is a topic for another thread and headache.

Now the issue I'm asking about doesn't isn't about any degrees of Field of Vision (FoV).
    I'm asking about zoom out distance in 3rd person perspective.

I want to zoom out and see little ant people/monsters on the landscape... if I so choose. ;)

Bottom line: I can't pull the camera (zoom out) out far enough and therefore can't see enough of the landscape to my liking.
    [Insert Sig Here]
    Playing PW since 09/07/08 :eek:
  • Xeluria - Sanctuary
    Xeluria - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    hawk wrote: »

and if you don't have a mouse? (laptop touchpad for example)
    Any errors in thought, spelling or content have occurred during transmission.
  • Metraze - Sanctuary
    Metraze - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    and if you don't have a mouse? (laptop touchpad for example)
    I believe most laptop touchpads use the right edge of the pad as a 'mouse wheel' - it's not the most convenient (I use a laptop myself) but does work ...

If your laptop doesn't do that, then I have no idea ...
  • Xeluria - Sanctuary
    Xeluria - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I personally have that feature of the touchpad disabled due to it's general awkwardness ._.

However, F9 activates the 'camera mode' which although a zoom feature, has no functionality outside of preparing a screenshot.
    Any errors in thought, spelling or content have occurred during transmission.
  • leonardo360
    leonardo360 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    unverified wrote: »
    How the hell do you zoom out ? o.O the controls say Ctrl and End but it isn't working :confused:
    thats kinda the same thing im wondering because a rectangle part wont show on the top and the bottom its very small the rectangle so it makes my screen kinda smalled im also playing on a latop
  • Solaere - Sanctuary
    Solaere - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    thats kinda the same thing im wondering because a rectangle part wont show on the top and the bottom its very small the rectangle so it makes my screen kinda smalled im also playing on a latop
    If I'm reading that right, your problem isn't zoom it's resolution.

At the initial screen (before you even login), click on the Settings button and change your Resolution to something bigger. The default is 640x480, and at that resolution the controls do overlap a bit (I'm assuming the 'rectangle's you're refering to are the mob info, skill bar, etc)
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    baba0 wrote: »
    I want to zoom out and see little ant people/monsters on the landscape... if I so choose. ;)

Bottom line: I can't pull the camera (zoom out) out far enough and therefore can't see enough of the landscape to my liking.

like NWN or Diablo?
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • guardianofheart
    guardianofheart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    well you could change the hotkey functions - click on the gears at the bottom right corner and click the hotkey options. then change the key for zoom in/out to whichever key you want.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Bad start. First post and its a one year old necro.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Closing this for necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.