patched version 8 is broken

seregil
seregil Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Support Desk
I logged off for about 10mins, logged back on and it updated to v8.

Now EVERY time i log in i get as far as the character screen, click to play, and the game crashes to desktop, and a bug report screen shows up. What the hell was done in this new versio :(

please put it back to the way it was

I also checked with verify on all the files with the same result Is there a way to revert to v7 to play?
Post edited by seregil on

Comments

• finale
    finale Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Also got this same problem when logging on today, submitted an error report using the facility that appears after the crash.

Though for me it just seems to be one character. My blademaster (the character I was playing last prior to the update from Game Version 7 to Game Version 8) is the only character experiencing the problem. I was able to log on to both my Cleric and Venomancer fine, though every attempt to load my Blademaster causes the client to crash shortly after 'Entering Perfect World...' appears.

As far as I know, there is no way to play Version 7 when Version 8 is live (as your client would not be running in sync with what the game server expects) so either a simple-and-quick-fix (love those) or another patch will be required to remedy it I guess. If there no news for a while, I'll attempt a re-install of the client and a re-download of the patches, just incase something on my own machine is corrupt/causing the problem. I do hope it's fixed soon though. ;)

~Edit:

I uninstalled PW:I and re-installed the client, and automatically downloaded the patches back upto Game Version 8. The situation has been resolved (yay), so I guess it must be a rare case that has caused these problems with character corruption.
    Finn
  • seregil
    seregil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    thanks for the response...and you were right. I reinstalled the whole thing, and i was able to log back in :D

i feel better already :)
This discussion has been closed.