Safe Zone in town is NOT safe!!!

t0ny
t0ny Posts: 6 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
I don't know if it's a bug but I got killed by a monster while I was in town, AND I lost exp... Here's the SS if anyone cares... or if maybe someone wants a good laugh... :(

2j151m0.jpg
Post edited by t0ny on

Comments

• urpem
    urpem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    its only safe of pk mode. The mobs don't usually go inside but if you were poisoned and you go into the city you continue taking damages, and you may die.

How did you die?
  • felixomni
    felixomni Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    It generally involves flying monsters; the ones above the giant sword in Ethersword can kill you in safe zone air space. Same with Heaven's Tear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN:Nepheneee
  • ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    NO, the safe areas are not safe. It's a cruel joke, I know, but they are only safe from PK. Mobs can still enter safe areas and kill people. The reason why you don't see that very often is that most are designed to leave you alone before you enter a safe area. Some monsters are not, however. For example, if you run away from one of the wolves guarding the boss-cave for the Untamed, you can run all the way to the nearby town and it will follow you in. People have lured the mini-boss Zhang (his name from PW-MY) who can be found north of fishing village to safe areas where he goes on a rampage, killing everyone in sight. One time on PW-MY, a guy lured him all the way to the newbie starting area in Etherblade.

So, remember: the safe areas are only safe from PK. If you're chased by an unstoppable mob, try running to the water.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fireblood
    fireblood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ragingwind wrote: »
    NO, the safe areas are not safe. It's a cruel joke, I know, but they are only safe from PK. Mobs can still enter safe areas and kill people. The reason why you don't see that very often is that most are designed to leave you alone before you enter a safe area. Some monsters are not, however. For example, if you run away from one of the wolves guarding the boss-cave for the Untamed, you can run all the way to the nearby town and it will follow you in. People have lured the mini-boss Zhang (his name from PW-MY) who can be found north of fishing village to safe areas where he goes on a rampage, killing everyone in sight. One time on PW-MY, a guy lured him all the way to the newbie starting area in Etherblade.

So, remember: the safe areas are only safe from PK. If you're chased by an unstoppable mob, try running to the water.
    Owned..................
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thatsme
    thatsme Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008

Fishing Village is not a safe zone, and newbie starting areas are not safe zones. None of the villages are safe zones, and they're not safe from PK either. Only your major cities are safe zones. Edit - Some may be safe from PK, however Temple of Orchid is not.
  • ultimusmagus
    ultimusmagus Posts: 33
    edited September 2008
    thatsme wrote: »
    Fishing Village is not a safe zone, and newbie starting areas are not safe zones. None of the villages are safe zones, and they're not safe from PK either. Only your major cities are safe zones.

Most villages are indeed PK safe, but never safe from mobs, especially the boss near Fishing Village or Farng near Orchid Temple. They'll slaughter everyone in the safe zone before heading back. I've been victim to it myself. If there were no PK safe areas, pkers would have a field day, and they in turn would not be safe when they go AFK. Now, if you're in the middle of a fight and you run into a town or village expecting the PK safety to kick in immediately you're in for a dissappointment. It'll take roughly 2-3 seconds for it to kick in, but if your opponent is already in the middle of a skill, you're SoL if you don't have the health to survive it.
  • thatsme
    edited September 2008
    Most villages are indeed PK safe, but never safe from mobs, especially the boss near Fishing Village or Farng near Orchid Temple. They'll slaughter everyone in the safe zone before heading back. I've been victim to it myself. If there were no PK safe areas, pkers would have a field day, and they in turn would not be safe when they go AFK. Now, if you're in the middle of a fight and you run into a town or village expecting the PK safety to kick in immediately you're in for a dissappointment. It'll take roughly 2-3 seconds for it to kick in, but if your opponent is already in the middle of a skill, you're SoL if you don't have the health to survive it.

Well Temple of Orchid is not PK safe, I watched PK-ing going on numerous times there in the past, that much I know.
  • djtav0
    djtav0 Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Fishing Village is not a safe zone, and newbie starting areas are not safe zones. None of the villages are safe zones, and they're not safe from PK either. Only your major cities are safe zones.

dude i guess that you dont even know wtf is fishing village, please dont reply on topics like this if you are a new newbie from PWI dont annoy us the ppl that have experience from malay with ur bs.
  • thatsme
    edited September 2008
    djtav0 wrote: »
    dude i guess that you dont even know wtf is fishing village, please dont reply on topics like this if you are a new newbie from PWI dont annoy us the ppl that have experience from malay with ur bs.
    I sure do know what Fishing Village is, also know what it's like to die inside Fishing Village and I also have experience from "malay" as you call it. Sorry if I'm annoying you with facts. In the future please qualify your personal attacks with something to back them up....like replying to the topic!
  • djtav0
    djtav0 Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    i won't even bother to try to explain you what "safe zone" means and how it works.. so if someone want, just tell him.
  • ragingwind
    edited September 2008
    djtav0 wrote: »
    i won't even bother to try to explain you what "safe zone" means and how it works.. so if someone want, just tell him.
    I could have sworn that I already did that with my other post. :rolleyes: Maybe more explanation is necessary. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thatsme
    edited September 2008
    I could have sworn that I already did that with my other post. :rolleyes: Maybe more explanation is necessary. :p
    :rolleyes::rolleyes: I think most here know the "definition" of safe zones as far as PK goes. If I'm not mistaken, in the game itself it tells you when you are entering a "safe zone". It's possible that you can't be pk'd in Fishing Village, I'm not sure, I do know that you can be killed inside Fishing Village and so it's not a good idea to go afk there unless you don't mind dying while you're afk. That's how it's not safe.
    Temple of Orchid is another village, and I can speak from personal experience on that, I watched Zorkan get pk'd there and took screenies of his dead body there. If you've played "malay" than I'm sure you know who Zorkan is.
    So in these two instances I'm speaking from experience. And you did explain it pretty well in your previous post, except that there are some places that you can be pk'd too. I stand corrected.
  • ragingwind
    edited September 2008
    :rolleyes::rolleyes: I think most here know the "definition" of safe zones as far as PK goes. If I'm not mistaken, in the game itself it tells you when you are entering a "safe zone". It's possible that you can't be pk'd in Fishing Village, I'm not sure, I do know that you can be killed inside Fishing Village and so it's not a good idea to go afk there unless you don't mind dying while you're afk. That's how it's not safe.
    Temple of Orchid is another village, and I can speak from personal experience on that, I watched Zorkan get pk'd there and took screenies of his dead body there. If you've played "malay" than I'm sure you know who Zorkan is.
    So in these two instances I'm speaking from experience. And you did explain it pretty well in your previous post, except that there are some places that you can be pk'd too. I stand corrected.

Hmm... Do I smell another glitch in PW? :rolleyes: Wow, what a surprise. -_- Well, if it says safe zone, then it's supposed to be safe from PK. I guess the game has a tendency to lie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • irbis
    irbis Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2008

shame ive unistaled the game - i would do it right now XDD
    There exist only three beings worthy of respect:
    the priest, the soldier, the poet.
    To know, to kill, to create.
    -severan
  • rwerew
    rwerew Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    safe zone also got bugs, I knew it but dont know how to say it, like I still can kill the red name player in the safe zone
  • Naris - Heavens Tear
    Naris - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Fishing Village is not a safe zone, and newbie starting areas are not safe zones. None of the villages are safe zones, and they're not safe from PK either. Only your major cities are safe zones. Edit - Some may be safe from PK, however Temple of Orchid is not.

In theory since the GMs here supposedly care about rule breaking and don't seem corrupt they may actually look into the logs and do bannings of luring into Angler's Village.

As for being pked in Orchid... never happened to me in Oracle. Even when Myth was doing their "Goodbye PK Spree" they couldn't touch anyone in there, and sadly they hid in there when people their level actually showed up...

EDIT: As for Zorkan... are you sure you SAW him being attacked? I do know people lure the dark wolf lord into Orchid Temple from time to time (which may have killed his afk stall). If what you say is true, I suspect either game bug or GM corruption for the Malaysian server.