Character Creation Contest - CLOSED - winners announced Oct. 17, 6 p.m. PDT

Options
dvorak
dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Official Announcements
For our latest contest we hope to test the limits of your creative and artistic design abilities with the inaugural Character Creation Contest! Show the world your mad skills by creating a unique and memorable character and if your creation is judged to be amongst the top - reap the rewards with 30 Small Guardian Charms and eternal props by having your model featured as a permanent Character Creation Preset option!

CONTEST INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Using the in-game Create Character feature of Perfect World International create from scratch, a unique character of any Race/Class/Sex of your choice.
2. Contest entries will be judged on the following criteria:
  • Uniqueness & Creativity: We would like to see creations that stand apart from our current batch of presets and that demonstrate a genuine sense of creative and artistic flair.
  • Humor counts too! We realize that many entries will be in the vein of something artsy, but if you want to share your sense of humor by all means show us what you got. Wacky and just plain old crazy creations will be judged equally amongst other styles.
  • The Sky is the limit!: We are looking for everything from the fiercest looking bruiser to a OMG! WTF is that! design, even Celebrity lookalikes are fair game.
3. When you are satisfied with the appearance of your newly created character be sure to SAVE your creation by using the Save Current Setting button.
4. Please refer to the Contest Details page for detailed instructions (with screenshots) explaining how to access and submit your .INI file through the contest submission tool.

http://www.perfectworld.com/event/customization/

5. Give your creation a name and voila! You are now officially submitted.
6. Submit your creations from now through Sept. 30, 2 p.m. (PDT) for consideration.
7. The 10 best entries as judged by PWE staff on the basis of creative and artistic merit will be awarded 30 Small Guardian Charms and permanent enshrinement as a Create Character Preset option.

RULES:
  • Entrants may submit up to three unique character designs, but will be restricted to only 1 prize award.
  • Please use proper judgment and submit entries that are in good taste. Any entries deemed objectionable will be deleted and considered void.
  • All winning character creations used as future Create Character Preset Templates becomes property of Perfect World Entertainment USA. Creators may or may not be credited as designers of their respective Preset template.

Feel free to post to this thread if you have any further questions or would like to share screenshots of your creation. Looking forward to seeing the awesome variety of your designs to come! :D

Please submit your entries through our contest submission page at: http://www.perfectworld.com/event/customization/
pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
Post edited by dvorak on

Comments

• lyrielcrossfield
    lyrielcrossfield Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    The guardians really don't interest me that much as a prize. But the chance for a preset based off my design....I think I shall give it a shot. <3
  • tres
    tres Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Clarify Needed: By Small do you mean those Charms we get from the low level quest, A Bronze, or a Silver?
  • fireblood
    fireblood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Dont care much about the charms but bragging rights ftw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vaelissa
    vaelissa Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I was actually all for it until I read the preset part, I like being unique, no thanks. Good luck to those who enter though! The current presets badly need improvement.
  • mentaleditor
    mentaleditor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    How do I retract my entries...

-_-
  • yamy
    yamy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Wuhuu gotta give it a shot :D.

Who cares about the charms xD
    Yami - Cleric
    Testament - Barbarian
  • epic1337
    epic1337 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Are we allowed to use edited ini files?
  • ranthe
    ranthe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    hope that's a joke epic. you're not allowed to edit .ini files for anything
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • meome
    meome Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I know i will never win,but i submitted one
  • irongolem
    irongolem Posts: 2
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I hope ya'll show a bunch of the runner-up pictures too.. this looks like a fun contest :)
  • spudfuzz
    spudfuzz Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I'm actually with vaelissa on this one, Unique is what I live by. But i'll do it anyway for the sake of creating.
  • Valag - Heavens Tear
    Valag - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Yea, and it will be fun to see those in the world, especially if it was you, who made one of those... Gallery with funniest and best would be great too.
  • irongolem
    irongolem Posts: 2
    edited September 2008
    Options
    they should hold a different competition for barbarians to add a different species or something since you can't really do much with them..unless of course they just want the same versions just with open mouths.
  • dvorak
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Yea, and it will be fun to see those in the world, especially if it was you, who made one of those... Gallery with funniest and best would be great too.

Great idea - we'll be sure to share some of the most entertaining entries with all of you whether they win or not.

And although we're limiting the amount of Small Guardian Charms that can be awarded we may use more then 10 character presets if they're good enough. So far the response has been terrific (hundreds of entries after just 2 days) - keep em' coming - we definitely like what we're seeing so far. :D
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

• ina1166
    ina1166 Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Can we use files from MY-EN? I have a character I used an advanced transfigure scroll on (actually, 4 of them).

>___>
    88 FIRE! An "anti-tank" projectile, accompanied by an AC-130 are on their way to ensure insanity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • riciu
    riciu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    damn it i can't participate because i made the character when open beta started and didn't save. i can't modify what i've done so i can't save....that's a little unfair :-( , it took me an hour to make it perfect. is there ANY way i can still submit my character?
  • amanosteam
    amanosteam Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I love this game Dx
  • dudewhosayshey
    dudewhosayshey Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    riciu wrote: »
    damn it i can't participate because i made the character when open beta started and didn't save. i can't modify what i've done so i can't save....that's a little unfair :-( , it took me an hour to make it perfect. is there ANY way i can still submit my character?

Can we get a way to submit characters that aren't able to be modified?
  • Catygirl - Heavens Tear
    Catygirl - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    nice contest..:)
  • Elis - Lost City
    Elis - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I've already entered but, now my sis wants to enter, is she able to from her forum account or would that not be advised because of people using lots of accounts to enter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ambie is back baby!
    Faction UnLimited (Faction sounds..Kinda pervy ;D)
  • locad
    locad Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    irongolem wrote: »
    they should hold a different competition for barbarians to add a different species or something since you can't really do much with them..unless of course they just want the same versions just with open mouths.

I agree its quite unfair that the Barb has almost nothing to customize, with a litel work I got some decent results I think.

Make the Head a little higher, the ears a bit longer, and experiment on the jaw and you get from the Wolf Modell a Jackal with Fangs Red Eyes of course

Now if we only could modify the furcolor and pattern and the stuff all the other Characters have like nose, eyes and so on ...
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    So when was it going to be judged? O:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hakurodk - Heavens Tear
    Hakurodk - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I submitted my characters. I entered for the sake of entering. I don't mind if I win or lose, but I am very gracious for the opportunity to have submitted my character designs.
  • dvorak
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Keep the entries coming! So far the level of participation has been fantastic and we've been impressed at the level of creativity exhibited by our members! ;)

1 more week before the contest comes to a close!
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

• chris123ha
    chris123ha Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Awesome, Wonder how creative everyone has been.
  • Skarett - Lost City
    Skarett - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    riciu wrote: »
    Can we get a way to submit characters that aren't able to be modified?

Since the admins seem to like posting comments, but not answer the questions people ask....

You can save your work if you use a transfig scroll, just use it, save your current look and then cancel the transfig. You should have gotten a scroll from a lower level quest. This way even if your work was done in closed beta, open beta, another version of PW you can still svae and use it here.
  • riciu
    riciu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    thx man :D....i'm searching for the quest right now.....well, actually tommorow, it's getting late :p
  • hopper77
    hopper77 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Is there a way we can see, I've not entered the contest but am curious to see others creativity. I've seen alot of the same looking characters, but then I've seen some truly original characters in game too. Will be interesting to see how this turns out. Good luck to everyone who entered and remember to have fun^^
  • dvorak
    edited September 2008
    Options
    hopper77 wrote: »
    Is there a way we can see, I've not entered the contest but am curious to see others creativity. I've seen alot of the same looking characters, but then I've seen some truly original characters in game too. Will be interesting to see how this turns out. Good luck to everyone who entered and remember to have fun^^

Unfortunately users will not be able to see any of the contest creations until we publicly post the winning entries.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

• Mimelle - Lost City
    Mimelle - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    For all those that can't modify their current characters, just make a new one, the same race, profession, and the game should remember last settings you made on this type of characters.

I really wonder how the Admins can be so selective to read and respond to user's post. Really, shame on you, no matter what was the reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]