Skills for an Earth Mage?

Options
serakano
serakano Posts: 13 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Wizard
I played around a bit as a mage on the MY server, I stopped playing the game before I made it very far though. I remember a little bit about which skills to get, but not much. What I remember is:
- Get the three shields if you have extra money/points or need them to unlock anything further.
- Max Blazing Heirogram to fill the holes in your combos
- Max Wellspring Gush as it is all around useful
- Max Rockfall for reasons I don't recall, thinking for filling holes in combos or finishing things off
- Don't get Sandtrap or whatever that Quicksand DoT skill is called in this game.
- Get at least one level in the healing skill for utility

But beyond that, I don't really remember much. Which skills will I primarily be using from the Earth Tree and should max ASAP? Which skills should I not touch unless I need them for a pre-req? And which skills should I get from other trees?

Thank you for your assistance!

(Also, I rolled pure)
Post edited by serakano on

Comments

• mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Fire shield is a joke. Never get it unless you find yourself needing it for magic fire mobs (I doubt this will happen... Maybe lategame). Ice shield isn't horrible if you need the mana. Earth shield is a godsend.

The main 3 skills need to get maxed.

Pitfall, the "sandtrap" skill, is quite amazing if used properly in PVP. Using it as the final skill to break the enemy's heirogram leaves them with a pretty powerful DoT (atm it's about 150 a tick on my PVP targets by average) that are cutting them down after their heiro ticks.

You need a level of the healing skill to get the water skills after it, so yeah. As far as using it before lategame (when you max it) goes... Well... You probably won't. The cast time is way too long.

As an earth mage, best bet is to go earth/fire in my opinion. That means you're going to raise your phoenix, pitfall, your three basics and sandstorm/arceous wave. Sandstorm is an amazingly damaging skill, all around excellent.

Earth mages built properly have a pretty easy time soloing water mobs. At the moment, I lead with Pitfall, use Sandstorm and then Stone Rain (rockfall) and the mob is dead (or one tick of Pitfall away from dead, which means I ignore them and let the pitfall tick and start on the newest mob.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • serakano
    serakano Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Ah, this helps me very much and is what I was interested in knowing, thank you.
This discussion has been closed.