Cash shop question...

alazar
alazar Posts: 28 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
since the GM's wont let me get any information on the other versions of PW.... Im going to try to get as much information to know what is going on with the cash shop.

Do you yes or not a simple Yes or no response is enough. At higher levels (Whatever would be considered the last few levels or the hardest levels) NEED to use the cash shop to progress. If the answer is no, Then does reaching 1-max level in PW equal the same level of effort and time that it would take a player in FFXI (Back in 2005 before all the EXP boosting rings) from 1-75? or Another example, Without touching the cash shop is the PW grind equal to WoW 1-70 or worse and by how much? (as a % please)

2nd question if the answer to the above is no its not possible to play PW at higher levels without touching the cash shop, Is it possible to do it without spending any REAL money on the game, or a very limited amount of it...

I don't mind spending money on a cash shop, But if the prices are a rip off I don't touch it as to help the prices go down by having less people buying. The only cash shop Iv touched is Requiem, Because the cash shop is fair, So Id like to know EVERYTHING about this cash shop please.
Post edited by alazar on

Comments

• ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Leveling at high levels without cash shop resources is possible but it's annoying (even frustrating). It's simply much easier to buy the hierograms/charms from the cash shop because they refill HP & MP. You could say that the game is designed to make people want to buy them. If you are determined to spend no real money on this game, you can do it. The game does provide ways of refilling your HP/MP without needing the cash shop items. (Yes, the cash shop prices are a rip-off.) There are other items which you will probably want to purchase from the cash shop that make life easier in the game. The best example is flying devices. The flying devices in the cash shop have various speeds. If you purchase a good one, you can get to your destinations much faster. Let me tell you: there is a lot of travel involved with this game.

I'm sorry, but the answer is not as simple as "yes or no." The cash shop simply makes gameplay much easier, but many players think that that reason is enough to need to buy cash shop items. I must admit that this game can be tiring and frustrating. Anything that makes it easier is a nice benefit to have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dayzd
    dayzd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    PVP Without cash shop is IMPOSSIBLE.

A level 40 with a heirogram can kill a level 60 without a heirogram.
  • alazar
    alazar Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Well at least I know. Thank you, I keep wanting to come back to PW but I realize that in the end its a rip off. Its a Great game but I wont fall for a scam that I already know is a scam... I will not play it but thank you for the info. Its hard for me to say no to the game because its a good game but I will not be scammed by this company. I rather keep playing FFXI for a 6th year.
  • ragingwind
    edited September 2008
    dayzd wrote: »
    PVP Without cash shop is IMPOSSIBLE.

A level 40 with a heirogram can kill a level 60 without a heirogram.

...and if you both have them? *rolls eyes* Hierograms give an unfair advantage against the poor sap who can't/won't spend real money on that. If I had designed this game, I would have left out the hiergrams and would have made (high level) leveling easier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shwick
    shwick Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Can you trade for hierograms/charms that someone else bought from the cash shop?
  • doves
    doves Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ragingwind wrote: »
    ...and if you both have them? *rolls eyes* Hierograms give an unfair advantage against the poor sap who can't/won't spend real money on that. If I had designed this game, I would have left out the hiergrams and would have made (high level) leveling easier.

Then you would earn less money.;)
  • doves
    edited September 2008
    Good to know that pvp is real money sink though. Thx guys.

And thankfully, I myself aint a pvp fun. pve for the win! and fashions!

btw, Im not saying I wont do pvp at all. Will do it sparingly.
  • infrequentia
    infrequentia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    shwick wrote: »
    Can you trade for hierograms/charms that someone else bought from the cash shop?

Yes, you can. :3
  • sensational
    sensational Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    i played a rogue in WOW to level 67 and currently my EA is lvl 22. it seems like the leveling in this game is pretty quick so far because of the massive xp you get from quests. its most likely gonna get tougher as you go up in levels just like in most other MMOs. one advantage WOW had was the rested XP option which i thought was great. it made grinding and leveling so much faster. i have a feeling though, that even without the rested XP, leveling will be faster in PWI.

one thing i noticed is that the first instance in PWI (fb-19) was really really short. my group finished it in like 40 mins. if you played WOW before, the first instance (dead mines), has like 4-5 mini bosses and a few different areas. it takes MUCH longer to finish than fb-19. im wondering if future dungeons in PWI will be pretty short. some of the instances in WOW were epic in length and were impossible to finish unless you had like a 6 hour block of free time.

i really liked that fb19 was short and didnt take a full day commitment to finish.. im hoping future instances wont be too long either. huge instances are fun but its a pain to finish them.
  • ragingwind
    edited September 2008
    i played a rogue in WOW to level 67 and currently my EA is lvl 22. it seems like the leveling in this game is pretty quick so far because of the massive xp you get from quests. its most likely gonna get tougher as you go up in levels just like in most other MMOs. one advantage WOW had was the rested XP option which i thought was great. it made grinding and leveling so much faster. i have a feeling though, that even without the rested XP, leveling will be faster in PWI.

one thing i noticed is that the first instance in PWI (fb-19) was really really short. my group finished it in like 40 mins. if you played WOW before, the first instance (dead mines), has like 4-5 mini bosses and a few different areas. it takes MUCH longer to finish than fb-19. im wondering if future dungeons in PWI will be pretty short. some of the instances in WOW were epic in length and were impossible to finish unless you had like a 6 hour block of free time.

i really liked that fb19 was short and didnt take a full day commitment to finish.. im hoping future instances wont be too long either. huge instances are fun but its a pain to finish them.

I fully understand your perspective, but when I read that, I think that PW is shallow and WoW is loaded with content. It might be nice to have some Zelda-like dungeons. LMAO!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sensational
    edited September 2008
    I fully understand your perspective, but when I read that, I think that PW is shallow and WoW is loaded with content. It might be nice to have some Zelda-like dungeons. LMAO!

yea your right... WOW definitely has much more content but it should have more content since its P2P. if there was no monthly fee for WOW id still be playing it. PWI is the best f2p mmo ive played though and i think the content is pretty amazing considering its a free game to play.

but yea, its hard to beat a game in content and polish that is p2p since they have all that money rolling in every month to spend on updates, etc, etc.
  • ragingwind
    edited September 2008
    yea your right... WOW definitely has much more content but it should have more content since its P2P. if there was no monthly fee for WOW id still be playing it. PWI is the best f2p mmo ive played though and i think the content is pretty amazing considering its a free game to play.

but yea, its hard to beat a game in content and polish that is p2p since they have all that money rolling in every month to spend on updates, etc, etc.

Your post is unintentionally ironic. PW-Beijing already has a ton of money from players who willingly spend a lot of money each month on cash shop items (in other versions of PW). Why don't we have more content? :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sensational
    edited September 2008
    Your post is unintentionally ironic. PW-Beijing already has a ton of money from players who willingly spend a lot of money each month on cash shop items (in other versions of PW). Why don't we have more content? :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

PW-Beijing may be making a ton of money but i doubt they are making as much money every month as WOW is. consider this... blizzard announced in 2007 that they had 8 million subscriptions worldwide. thats 8 million x $14.95 a month. thats a HUGE HUGE sum on money. theres no way PW-Beijing is making anywhere near that kind of cash.

i think PWI has a great amount of content for a free game though and its still in open beta stage... the graphics are alot better than WOW too. WOW needs a graphics update.
  • ragingwind
    edited September 2008
    PW-Beijing may be making a ton of money but i doubt they are making as much money every month as WOW is. consider this... blizzard announced in 2007 that they had 8 million subscriptions worldwide. thats 8 million x $14.95 a month. thats a HUGE HUGE sum on money. theres no way PW-Beijing is making anywhere near that kind of cash.

i think PWI has a great amount of content for a free game though and its still in open beta stage... the graphics are alot better than WOW too. WOW needs a graphics update.

Your point about the money is totally true. However, you may not realize that PW has been going on for years over in China. In addition, they have quite a few other versions of it in the local languages of other countries. PWI is just one of the newest ones to pop up. On top of that, the company has other games, too. You'd think they could offer us better service with such long-term success.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sensational
    edited September 2008
    Your point about the money is totally true. However, you may not realize that PW has been going on for years over in China. In addition, they have quite a few other versions of it in the local languages of other countries. PWI is just one of the newest ones to pop up. On top of that, the company has other games, too. You'd think they could offer us better service with such long-term success.

well you basically get what you pay for. if you want to play something with great service, high amount of content, then you have to pay $30 dollars for a game and then pay a monthly subscription fee. PWI, for a game that costs you absolutely nothing to play, is a great game.
  • ragingwind
    edited September 2008
    well you basically get what you pay for. if you want to play something with great service, high amount of content, then you have to pay $30 dollars for a game and then pay a monthly subscription fee. PWI, for a game that costs you absolutely nothing to play, is a great game.

I'm mostly done with this conversation. I just wanted to leave a final note.

Your point is true but you can't say that it's great for the price without considering all of the complaints on both this forum and the PW-MY forum. PW has a history of creating a lot of frustration for people. I once thought it was a great game. Then, I started to see the complaints rolling in. You see, that's the scam of PW. It seems great at first and you get sucked into it. Then, you see problems... a lot of them. Have fun while it lasts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sensational
    edited September 2008
    I'm mostly done with this conversation. I just wanted to leave a final note.

Your point is true but you can't say that it's great for the price without considering all of the complaints on both this forum and the PW-MY forum. PW has a history of creating a lot of frustration for people. I once thought it was a great game. Then, I started to see the complaints rolling in. You see, that's the scam of PW. It seems great at first and you get sucked into it. Then, you see problems... a lot of them. Have fun while it lasts.

sounds like you have alot of bitterness towards PWI. just curious.. are u upset about the pricing for zen in the cash shop? i think their prices are way too high and i dont plan on spending any money in the cash shop until they lower prices considerably.
  • doves
    edited September 2008
    huh. I have a lot of bitterness towards WOW. And it turn out to be endless farming as well in the end. Our guild have farmed Illidan every single week for half a year already. Contents? Who cares. I dont even need to see the screen to do my stuff!
    PW has better graphics at least..
  • ragingwind
    edited September 2008
    Woah, this thread is way off topic now. That's one reason why I'm trying to bring this conversation to an end.

In short, you have no idea what problems have popped up over the time since Perfect World - Malaysia started. This goes way beyond cash shop prices. As for comparing PW to WoW, I think that whole topic distracts from what matters here. PW has its own problems that don't seem to be going away. Maybe the European version will fix those things. Who knows?

Anyway, this thread needs to get back to its topic now. In fact, the topic of this thread is one of those problems with PW. Like I said: don't think of it as a great game without considering the complaints.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • doves
    edited September 2008
    alazar wrote: »
    Another example, Without touching the cash shop is the PW grind equal to WoW 1-70 or worse and by how much? (as a % please)
    Wow lvling is quite easy really. Some people can do it within a week. Its impossible to hit lvl cap in that short amount of time in PW obviously, even with cash shop items.

But the problem is wow actually start at lvl 70. You cant really do anything with the crappy lvl70 green items or even blue ones. After that, endless farming awaits you. Its quite decieving , Blizzard did a great job.