Help with the new patch plz

dragongamer
dragongamer Posts: 10 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Support Desk
Can someone send in the file with tthe new upadate plz. I really need to log in the game
Post edited by dragongamer on

Comments

• lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    there is no "file" run the launcher and it should auto patch, unless like me ur internet sux and it doesnt XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • lees
    lees Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I need it too....Update please patch in download section
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    lees wrote: »
    I need it too....Update please patch in download section
    are you perhaps running the wrong version of the game? if it says Oracle or Delphi you got the wrong version :D there is no need for manual download/patches like there is in PW-MY.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • dragongamer
    edited September 2008
    No my internet is really fast and stable, but somehow i cant update
  • soulowner
    soulowner Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Yea not working for me either.... Its not on my end I just got done updating warhammer.... It just like last time won't get past elemental file.
  • lees
    lees Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    sikozu wrote: »
    are you perhaps running the wrong version of the game? if it says Oracle or Delphi you got the wrong version :D there is no need for manual download/patches like there is in PW-MY.

I have right version of client. There is some problems with auto update. Your post is useless.
  • dragongamer
    edited September 2008
    damm i really dont want to have an update if this is happening all the time. I hate update
  • soulowner
    edited September 2008
    This is the ONLY game that I have on my PC that will not update... Trust me i got like 20 of them... They got to get this stuff fix soon.. Or they will just lose the chance at making money.
  • eniac
    eniac Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Yup, it's the same old problem as during CB. Patcher got stuck on elements.data. After numerous restarts, I finally got to tasks.data, where it's stuck again. My girlfriend suffers the exact same problem, so I can't believe this is all that rare. Devs, if you can't find the bug in the patcher, please at least give us manual patches we can download and install!
  • soulowner
    edited September 2008
    Wish this was hosted in the USA. Then there be no connection speed problem.. Sating that seem to be what they blame all the problems on.

I am almost willing to bet that all the people having patching problems are Located some were in the US. Or in the general area.
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    eniac wrote: »
    Yup, it's the same old problem as during CB. Patcher got stuck on elements.data. After numerous restarts, I finally got to tasks.data, where it's stuck again. My girlfriend suffers the exact same problem, so I can't believe this is all that rare. Devs, if you can't find the bug in the patcher, please at least give us manual patches we can download and install!

Lol maybe thats why they call it Open Beta, but since the game is so new there is not a lot of patching to do, so my suggestion for an easy fix and to get you back in the game is to uninstall the game and reinstall it via the zip file "Perfect_World_International" that you should still have on your computer. That is what solved the last patch problem that was going around for me. I'm sure it will work for you.

Although I am not at all sure why that works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dragongamer
    edited September 2008
    Oh god now i know why i cant patch. I live in the US.
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    Oh god now i know why i cant patch. I live in the US.

If I remember correctly the servers for this version of the game are hosted in the US but dont quote me on that as I am not sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soulowner
    edited September 2008
    Just wait till the morning when more log on..
  • eniac
    edited September 2008
    More info that might help the devs: I used URL Snooper to find out what file the patcher was trying to get when it got stuck on tasks.data. I tried to download that file using IE and GetRight, but had no luck. IE thought it was finished after only 231k, and GetRight got bogged down at about 110k out of 4513.8k. My conclusion is that the bug is server-side, not in the client software.

I routinely download files from other sources with rock-solid reliability. Indeed, I watch all my television via downloads and streaming video on this same computer. Maybe PWE is using nonstandard server software to host the patches, or has an odd network configuration?

I did eventually get through this patch by restarting the patcher over and over. But this really needs to be fixed, please!
  • zombi
    zombi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I had the same exact problem with the last update. It would get stuck on elements.data and then on tasks. The only solution I ever found was a manual patch.
  • robinhood
    robinhood Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    hmm it took me a nite to gget past the elements.data last time....now with this new patch it looks like taking another nite or mayb it mite not work at all? what can i do?
  • youtipgamer
    youtipgamer Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Agreed, I'm also stuck on tasks.data
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited September 2008
  • dragongamer
    edited September 2008
    Thanks again Ryu u r the the saver of this game. :D:D
  • youtipgamer
    youtipgamer Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I really like that URL Snooper, eniac.
  • dragongamer
    edited September 2008
    RYU sorry to bother u but can u upload item_ext_desc.txt . I cant get through this file. Thanks
  • ryuuzaki
    edited September 2008
    item_ext_desc.txt is packed within config.pck, which is in the download I have already provided. Everything you need to get from Version 5 to Version 7 is included in the zip file. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eniac
    edited September 2008
    Thanks again, Ryuuzaki. With lots of restarts, I managed to coax the patcher through all the files this time, but it's good to know we can always count on you. You're a hero!
  • ziporae
    ziporae Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Thank you for posting that, I now have the update files, but for some reason it doesn't update! I tried doing it manually, but it won't let me select any files without the ".cup" end to them. D:
  • ryuuzaki
    edited September 2008
    It's not an official patch. Just extract the files and copy the ones inside the "Perfect World International" folder into your "\Perfect World International\element\" folder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ziporae
    ziporae Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I don't seem to have that folder. Could that be my problem?
  • zombi
    zombi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Worked lovely ^^ Thanks Ryu
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Version 7 manual patch should be forthcoming tonight or tomorrow.

Manual patch on our website is Version 5 still.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • kroky
    kroky Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Yesterday I had a tasks.data problem too, but it seemed to be resolved by restarting the update process. Second time it went smoothly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kroky the Dragonslayer
This discussion has been closed.