Bride/Groom Package Pricey?

jtune
jtune Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
My old lady and I was wanting to get married but jeez 60$ just to get a lame title in game i could hit a vegas church for that. I Recommend a new mthod of this. Maybe Make it a Long Quest and be able to get a say Bacholer lable so forth for females then be able to get married. and with the packages make them give something worth that much maybe a random wedding pack of gifts for getting married properly or lower overall price.

just my 2 cents we would like our title but hell it aint even worth 20$ let alone 60
Post edited by jtune on

Comments

• ranthe
    ranthe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    i agree, the marriage packages need to be lowered to AT LEAST half price.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hong
    hong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    It's true that it's completely overpriced but it doesn't just give a title. It gives you a permanent 10% boost in EXP when you and your wife is partying together.
    RoC.
  • jtune
    jtune Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Then atleast make say a 5% exp bonus pack for us broke people =/ cut price in half or something
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    doesn't it also give you a mount or something? I'd like to know what that mount is if anyone knows lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • sabriel
    sabriel Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Why would you want to pay REAL Money to get married in a game? You most likely wont be play in a year? It seem like a waste of money. Might as well make it a quest in game to get a bunch of ****.. then make people pay real money for it.
  • icebreath
    icebreath Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    sabriel wrote: »
    Why would you want to pay REAL Money to get married in a game? You most likely wont be play in a year? It seem like a waste of money. Might as well make it a quest in game to get a bunch of ****.. then make people pay real money for it.

Yea its a waste & its silly that people get married in a game.

But i think they should keep the price or set the price UP :D
  • infrequentia
    infrequentia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    sikozu wrote: »
    doesn't it also give you a mount or something? I'd like to know what that mount is if anyone knows lol.

It only gives the quest item you need to get married, and then a wedding outfit, which looks horrible. D: I so didn't want to wear that.
  • tony02
    tony02 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    it aint just a simple title u get or no1 wud end up getting married apart from the realy bored people
    when ur in solo pt for e.g u can get like 230EXP, when ur in a pt with your hubby u will still get atleast 230EXP possibly abit more if the10% exp boost is true,
    also when u die while ur in a pt with ur hubby you will only lose up to like 1% on death
    you can also do the Daily stone quest twice a day instead of once
    also when u get married ur ment to get like 500k each or atleast between the both of you.
    there might be a few other small things but imnot sure, either way the things i listed above are facts.
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    It only gives the quest item you need to get married, and then a wedding outfit, which looks horrible. D: I so didn't want to wear that.

omg D: do you have a screeny of it? I really want to see it now lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • infrequentia
    edited September 2008
    sikozu wrote: »
    omg D: do you have a screeny of it? I really want to see it now lol.

I don't think I screenied that. It was too ugly. ._. It covered pretty much everything, and it was red and green, I think. Christmas anyone ? o:
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    I don't think I screenied that. It was too ugly. ._. It covered pretty much everything, and it was red and green, I think. Christmas anyone ? o:

eeew...... o.o red and green wtf?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • infrequentia
    edited September 2008
    I know, right! Wedding dress should be like.. white.. or something bright.. But red and green.. Ugh.. D:
  • suntiger
    suntiger Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Infrequentia, I can explain the covering and the lack of white color at least. ;)

In asia, white is the color of death.
    Big nono for a wedding, except in Japan where the bride wears a white shift under her kimono to signify her separation from her family (symbolical death), because she will join her husband's family.

Also, the all-covering outfit is because it's unlucky to see the bride's body before the wedding cermony is over (hands and face are ok IIRC).

With those bonuses though, I think it should be open to same sex pairings. The homo issue aside it's purely game mechanics. If you play a male EP and your partner is a WB and you work as a team/party, you can't get the same advantages as a female EP and a WB could.
    The game puts on restrictions if you want to get the most out of it. Very annoying.
  • doves
    doves Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008

It is the traditional Chinese bride's dress. And it was the standard! How dare you!

Well j/k:D

I guess thats the culture difference.:rolleyes:
  • zombi
    zombi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    No matter what stats, sixty bucks isn't worth it. Especially for a game just recently out of beta.
  • yamy
    yamy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    suntiger wrote: »
    Infrequentia, I can explain the covering and the lack of white color at least. ;)

In asia, white is the color of death.
    Big nono for a wedding, except in Japan where the bride wears a white shift under her kimono to signify her separation from her family (symbolical death), because she will join her husband's family.

Also, the all-covering outfit is because it's unlucky to see the bride's body before the wedding cermony is over (hands and face are ok IIRC).

With those bonuses though, I think it should be open to same sex pairings. The homo issue aside it's purely game mechanics. If you play a male EP and your partner is a WB and you work as a team/party, you can't get the same advantages as a female EP and a WB could.
    The game puts on restrictions if you want to get the most out of it. Very annoying.
    Nice post :P
    Yami - Cleric
    Testament - Barbarian
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Wow, that's kinda gorgeous.
  • munger
    munger Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    In the Malaysia version it cost 30$ to get married. Which is why I ditched this version for the malaysia one ;P People speak english and it is cheaper.
  • doves
    doves Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    tinkus wrote: »
    Wow, that's kinda gorgeous.

Yea, I like it as well. Just cost a little too much ;)
  • ultimusmagus
    ultimusmagus Posts: 33
    edited September 2008
    suntiger wrote: »

I agree. Other games I've played allow for same gender bondings, either calling them "brotherhood", "soul-bond", or some such other touchy-feely-in-a-non-sexual-way relationship. Hehehe.
  • rolan
    rolan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    that's funny, people said that getting married in game did a bunch of stuff on the MY server too, but it actualy did nothing, it only gave you ugly outfits and a name above your head, the people that say that you get xp bonuses and such are fact, I'd like to see the source, cause it's a fact that you didn't get that in PW-MY. Either way, 60 dollars is by far too expensive.
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    fayted wrote: »

Wait the dress isnt ugly at all its actually really pretty :eek:
    I wish my computer worked so I could play, and I wish my husband would play with me! so i could marry him in game too lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kyou
    kyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    It's a traditional Chinese wedding gown.

FemaleGown.jpg
    Couples.jpg

Is it ugly because it's not western?
    Please don't start this bigotry.
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    kyou wrote: »
    It's a traditional Chinese wedding gown.

FemaleGown.jpg
    Couples.jpg

Is it ugly because it's not western?

No one said it was ugly b/c its not western, please dont make this into a situation its not everyone has their own opinions even you should respect that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vaelissa
    vaelissa Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I also like the gown, but that alone isn't worth the price to me, neither is some text above my head.

Can anyone who actually knows 100% for certain post the full details of the wedding item package and full benefits being married grants? That would be great!
  • thatsme
    thatsme Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    tony02 wrote: »
    it aint just a simple title u get or no1 wud end up getting married apart from the realy bored people
    when ur in solo pt for e.g u can get like 230EXP, when ur in a pt with your hubby u will still get atleast 230EXP possibly abit more if the10% exp boost is true,
    also when u die while ur in a pt with ur hubby you will only lose up to like 1% on death
    you can also do the Daily stone quest twice a day instead of once
    also when u get married ur ment to get like 500k each or atleast between the both of you.
    there might be a few other small things but imnot sure, either way the things i listed above are facts.

No, sorry not facts. In the PW-MY-EN version, there are really no bonuses implemented yet that I know of. You cannot do the daily stone quest twice, that much I do know, speaking as one who wasted $30 to get married, it was cool but the novelty and game wear off. Would I spend $60 to get married in a game? Not on your life. If the PWI version is different someone can correct me, but I don't think there's really any benefits other than the title above your name.
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    kyou wrote: »

How about you learn what the word bigotry means before you start throwing it around?