PvP in PvE server

daghi
daghi Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Arigora Colosseum
Is turning the switch on the only way to PvP in PvE server? Or there's an arena and a duel system?
Post edited by daghi on

Comments

• fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Well.. aside from that PvP mode on/off switch that's pointless since no one will ever use it.. I assume there's the arena, duels, and TW.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • jenulaux
    jenulaux Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    daghi wrote: »
    Is turning the switch on the only way to PvP in PvE server? Or there's an arena and a duel system?
    salve a tutti nn o capito ancora se il gioco e gratuito oppure no se qualcuno mi puo rispondere ne sarei grato se si deve fare solo un downlaud oppure si deve comperare il gioco ..............
  • icebreath
    icebreath Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    isnt there open pvp after lvl29 on PvE servers?
  • gin
    gin Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    You can turn on PK in the PvE server after lvl 30. That means that you can PK everyone who has turned on PK mode (are not blue-named) and everyone who has turned on PK mode can PK you. You have to keep it on for 10 hours before you can turn it off.

There are arenas in the human, untamed, elf cities, and in Archosaur. Everyone can kill eveyone in there no matter lvl. All you gotta do is to press the shield icon below the minimap and enable PK white-named and/or guildies. You will NEVER drop anything inside the arena (youre not even able to drop anything there on purpose).

In TW, your enemy will all be like mobs - you just target and attack. And you won't ever lose anything there either.
  • cptweretaco
    cptweretaco Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Can I not use my character that I created on the PvE server in the PvP one? Or am I missing something here?
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Can I not use my character that I created on the PvE server in the PvP one? Or am I missing something here?

You must be missing something lol, you cannot take your character and migrate servers with it, if you want to pvp then play on the PVP server, it is pointless to pvp on a pve server since everyone there changed to that server to NOT pvp. You might find an occasional person but I doubt that would satisfy your need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • mello
    mello Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    sorry I am a total noob. what is the difference between PVP and PVE?
    And is the there more players in either of them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • naris
    naris Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    fuzzles wrote: »
    Well.. aside from that PvP mode on/off switch that's pointless since no one will ever use it.. I assume there's the arena, duels, and TW.

Funny... I'd say every tenth person or so I've seen over level 30 has a white name.

Maybe many do it just to prove they're not afraid or are used to the white name?
  • finasoa
    finasoa Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I play with a white name because I like the way it looks more than the blue name.

I also don't mind PKing the occasional solo-er fighting a mob or someone who has been afk for an hour in the same spot outside of a safe zone.

I just didn't want to play PvP server where I would imaging it'd be PK left and right. Also, if I am ever having trouble turning in or completing a quest because of bands of PKers, I can just turn off the PK switch and get on with me life...although that hasn't been an issue since CB.

However, MOST of the white named folks travel with at least one other person...I know that 90% of the time I do.
  • wavemaster
    wavemaster Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    well pking afk ppl is not cool. i eman how wuold you fell if u must do someting urgent for 10 mins and cant go to safty zone, then when u return u find yourself pked.......

As for PVP on PVE server is, i know always will be pkers, but if u wanaa fight there is arena in major cities, so u can fight there if ur in pk moode....well i guess the higher lvl ppl r more pvp will be on pve server....
    RADIANCE Guild Marshal ---> only the best ;)
    [SIGPIC]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa228/hackor5/pwlowser.gif[/SIGPIC]
    Wave - Barbarian lvl 3x
  • silabus
    silabus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    wavemaster wrote: »
    well pking afk ppl is not cool. i eman how wuold you fell if u must do someting urgent for 10 mins and cant go to safty zone, then when u return u find yourself pked.......

And that Is why a player is granted the skill to teleport to the nearest town...then again if you used it for less then a hour you'll be in trouble.
    モデラト ここ とても 意地悪。
  • dantex
    dantex Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Everyone can kill eveyone in there no matter lvl
    Actually, the arena has a 5 level difference limit. So if you're lvl 30, you cannot attack a lvl 25 or 24 person. THEY can attack you though for some reason...
  • Miar - Lost City
    Miar - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    pvp is pvp,no matter how you kill someone its just fair unless and until the pker has **** or cheated .ganking is a part of pvp, afk in a non safe zone is just stupidity
  • gin
    gin Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    dantex wrote: »
    Actually, the arena has a 5 level difference limit. So if you're lvl 30, you cannot attack a lvl 25 or 24 person. THEY can attack you though for some reason...

I've killed lvl 10 people while I was lvl 80 in the arena. Was it changed in this version? That would be nice in one way, but annoying sometimes too.