A word of WARNING to PayPal users

2»

Comments

• colosis
    colosis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    PayPal gives some buyer protection... whereas some other money transfer sites protect the seller.

no doubt, the reason why the person mentioned in the OP had 14k in there, and why it was frozen was because he was selling goods / services, and enough purchasers had complained so PayPal had to freeze his account to prevent him taking money out that would be needed to for refunds.

To illustrate this, a certain Goldseller selling a games currency (against ToS / EULA) was screenied saying he wouldnt accept PayPal only Western Union... further questioning uncovered that Western Union protected him as the seller, whereas PayPal protected the buyer.
    Point being, if he used PayPal and failed to deliver the game-gold, the RMT buyer could get their money back, whereas with WU he could take the money and run

this is correct. however it also comes at a risk to sellers.

example: gold seller completes transaction, buyer recieves what he wants, gold seller receieves his $$. gold seller then goes to transfer his $$ to bank account which requires typically 3 days. 1 day later gold sellers account gets frozen, buyer gets his money back and wins some free gold.

how? as a seller illegally there is no proof of transaction or records, and as paypal buyers are protected it makes it increasingly easy for buyers to scam. i have witnessed it alot in another game i play, people assume once they recieve their money in their paypal account their safe to trade, but truth is ur not safe until that money is in your bank account.

so while people might wanna avoid paypal, it might be simply to protect themselfs, but generally for buying legit stuff that comes with some record of transaction proving goods are sold/receieved then its fine.
  • jenenji
    jenenji Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    dark90111 wrote: »
    You are the most stupid form of human I've ever met in my life.

Ohnoes, his myspace says he's 16. WHO THE HECK CARES?! My personal own myspace says I'm 77, but does that make me 77? nope. I'm 19 freakin' years of age. You're the most stupid person I've met in my life who tried to prove herself right by spitting out stupidity. Your logic is just downright nonsense and moronic. Because obviously you can link someones age to their myspace, you must be pure genius, we have a human prodigy in the making.

You fail life.

gtfo earth.

Wow, you are an idiot.
  • dark90111
    dark90111 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    jenenji wrote: »
    Wow, you are an idiot.

That'd most likely be you, sorz.

You're kinda stupid like paypal.
  • sabriel
    sabriel Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    That is good to know o-o thanks!
  • pabling
    pabling Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    colosis wrote: »
    this is correct. however it also comes at a risk to sellers.

example: gold seller completes transaction, buyer recieves what he wants, gold seller receieves his $$. gold seller then goes to transfer his $$ to bank account which requires typically 3 days. 1 day later gold sellers account gets frozen, buyer gets his money back and wins some free gold.

how? as a seller illegally there is no proof of transaction or records, and as paypal buyers are protected it makes it increasingly easy for buyers to scam. i have witnessed it alot in another game i play, people assume once they recieve their money in their paypal account their safe to trade, but truth is ur not safe until that money is in your bank account.

so while people might wanna avoid paypal, it might be simply to protect themselfs, but generally for buying legit stuff that comes with some record of transaction proving goods are sold/receieved then its fine.

im learning a lot from this posts about paypal....since havent used it any any matters and thinking of having one...

so basically, from all the post that i saw..

Buying.....average
    Selling....needs inmprovement
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    pabling wrote: »
    im learning a lot from this posts about paypal....since havent used it any any matters and thinking of having one...

so basically, from all the post that i saw..

Buying.....average
    Selling....needs inmprovement

Pretty much, Just dont try to play the faud game or scam anyone and you should be fine selling and buying imo ^^ just give it a try, I've been using it about 3-4 years now.

NOTE to Jenenji: I would not worry about about what that dark person says at all its really easy to see all he does on these forums is either flame people or ask random girls who post pictures of themselves for their "asl?" he doesn't even use proper English hence the "making no sense whatsoever".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • jenenji
    edited September 2008
    sikozu wrote: »
    NOTE to Jenenji: I would not worry about about what that dark person says at all its really easy to see all he does on these forums is either flame people or ask random girls who post pictures of themselves for their "asl?" he doesn't even use proper English hence the "making no sense whatsoever".

People like him don't even faze me. I wasn't even going to respond to his poor attempt at a flame.
  • dark90111
    edited September 2008
    Pretty much, Just dont try to play the faud game or scam anyone and you should be fine selling and buying imo ^^ just give it a try, I've been using it about 3-4 years now.

If you spoke proper English, you'd know "whatsoever" isn't an actual word. and that when you use quotations its to quote someone not refer something.

You fail at punctuation too.

As the wise one says,
    "fail"
    People like him don't even faze me. I wasn't even going to respond to his poor attempt at a flame.

If so, then why bother to make that post, nor the one that you made calling me "idiot".

Another epic fail.
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    If you spoke proper English, you'd know "whatsoever" isn't an actual word. and that when you use quotations its to quote someone not refer something.

As the wise one says,
    "fail"

If so, then why bother to make that post, nor the one that you made calling me "stupid".

Another epic fail.

hahahahahaa I may not have correct spelling or grammar for that matter but at least I make sense while doing it. Oh and Whatsoever = a word, at least the dictionary seems to think so. I believe your the one who "Fails"
    Definition:

at all: used to emphasize a negative statement, after words such as "none," "no one," and "anyone"
    "Did you have any doubts?" - "None whatsoever."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dark90111
    edited September 2008
    Didn't know they made a dictionary for mentally challenged people.
  • jenenji
    edited September 2008

As the wise one says,
    "fail"

If so, then why bother to make that post, nor the one that you made calling me "idiot".

Another epic fail.

The continous use of the word "fail" just shows your ignorance and your lack of a vocabulary. So please do continue posting on this thread, I think we all need a good laugh.

Thanks in advance:D
  • memoomoo
    memoomoo Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    LOL I didn't even bother to read all those 4 pages ^^......

but YES Paypal sucks >.< That site paypalsucks.com is 100 and 1 percent is true!

I do a homebase business on eBay for leaving and did have a darn hard time just becuase of Paypal.

Funny thing is:

Contacted customer supports 100+ of times but hopeless and in the end I got a tip from a TECHNICAL SUPPORT GUY (helped me on uploading documents) which is also HELPED me get the problem resolved! HAHAHAHAH

I got myself a merchant account now. So...... **** Paypal :p
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    Didn't know they made a dictionary for mentally challenged people.

No its just a regular dictionary, but I dont believe someone who claims "Whatsoever" is not a word would know what that is.

but YES Paypal sucks >.< That site paypalsucks.com is 100 and 1 percent is true!

It's hard to believe that is coming from a legitimate source, I mean it does have the word "Sucks" in the url, that term is only used in casual conversation, not something that is meant to be formal and sway a person's decisions. I would accept something more like "thetruthaboutpaypal.com" but "paypalsucks.com" just sounds like something a high school kid thought up one day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dark90111
    edited September 2008
    The continous use of the word "fail" just shows your ignorance and your lack of a vocabulary. So please do continue posting on this thread, I think we all need a good laugh.

Thanks in advance:D

Fail.

^____^;

PS. Learn the difference between Trolling and Flaming.
    If I were to flame you, you'd most likely be crying yourself to sleep atm.
  • jenenji
    edited September 2008
    Fail.

^____^;

PS. Learn the difference between Trolling and Flaming.
    If I were to flame you, you'd most likely be crying yourself to sleep atm.

Keep them coming. :p
  • dagny
    dagny Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Wow, you are an idiot.

QFT, a couple of times
  • dagny
    dagny Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited September 2008

As the wise one says,
    "fail"

Another epic fail.

Where do you get your expertise on the English language? The Oxford English Dictionary most certainly conatins the word whatsoever. So, in your own words "fail".
  • thatsme
    thatsme Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    No its just a regular dictionary, but I dont believe someone who claims "Whatsoever" is not a word would know what that is.

It's hard to believe that is coming from a legitimate source, I mean it does have the word "Sucks" in the url, that term is only used in casual conversation, not something that is meant to be formal and sway a person's decisions. I would accept something more like "thetruthaboutpaypal.com" but "paypalsucks.com" just sounds like something a high school kid thought up one day.

I wish you would stop filling this thread with endless posts. State your opinion, and be done, and also quit trying to be a private investigator. I've had to weed thru probably 30 of your posts in this thread alone, and that sucks to be honest. You're not that important . Get over yourself. And PayPal sucks too, just to stay on-topic. I haven't used Google checkout before but I'd rather put my trust in that, rather than PayPal. I quit using PayPal at least 3 years ago because of all the controversy. So quit dogging someone just because they don't agree with you. And I dare you to say that I'm 16 years old.
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    thatsme wrote: »
    I wish you would stop filling this thread with endless posts. State your opinion, and be done, and also quit trying to be a private investigator. I've had to weed thru probably 30 of your posts in this thread alone, and that sucks to be honest. You're not that important . Get over yourself. And PayPal sucks too, just to stay on-topic. I haven't used Google checkout before but I'd rather put my trust in that, rather than PayPal. I quit using PayPal at least 3 years ago because of all the controversy. So quit dogging someone just because they don't agree with you. And I dare you to say that I'm 16 years old.

No no no you have it all wrong, Its not that I didnt agree with him its that I'm stoping the endless flow of false information to reach the minds of gullible people.

Also I am a very important person and dont you forget that! :D

State your opinion, and be done,
    It just so happens I have an opinion about a lot of things. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jenenji
    edited September 2008

You are 16 years old. Now what?
  • thatsme
    thatsme Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Thank You...I've finally found the Fountain of Youth right here at PWI and it didn't cost me a single Zen!:)
  • uroboros
    uroboros Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2008

who ARE you anyway? i made this thread to make people aware of what they were dealing with, so that if and when your account gets frozen for no reason with half your fortune in it, you can know you have been warned...

then you come here and try to say that paypal is fine, ignoring the thousands of people it has screwed over, and seem to be trying to gain credibility for paypal (for some reason?) by trying to discredit one user... please don't do that.
    if you have the URL of a website with thousands of people exposing the thousands of people on paypalsucks.com as frauds, feel free to post it. but as it is, you appear to be merely an attention-seeking dolt. no offence, but you write in bold pink text, you say nothing of substance and you've done that like a dozen times on my thread.

also, 'thetruthaboutpaypal.com' makes just as much sense, yes, but it sounds more like a conspiracy website or something. and if you were a person of intellect, you might have gone ONTO the website, rather than shunting the entire thing because you don't think the name is entirely suitable?
    just because something contains the word 'sucks' does not automatically mean it's stupid. are you the person that keeps writing IMDB reviews having only seen the trailer? :P

sorry, for any offence i caused, but i understand what you're trying to pull here.
  • jenenji
    edited September 2008
    Thank You...I've finally found the Fountain of Youth right here at PWI and it didn't cost me a single Zen!:)

Hehe, you are welcome.
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    He didnt seem to live up to his threat :( how sad I was hoping for something more exciting.

Also Jenenji did you ever use google checkout or w/e its called? Google is pretty reliable for a spider web based search engine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jenenji
    edited September 2008
    I have used Paypal for 4 years or so. I have never had any problems with them. I usually only keep a small amount of money in there and only add enough to pay for what I need. As for the Google thing, I have never used it.
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    uroboros wrote: »
    who ARE you anyway? i made this thread to make people aware of what they were dealing with, so that if and when your account gets frozen for no reason with half your fortune in it, you can know you have been warned...

then you come here and try to say that paypal is fine, ignoring the thousands of people it has screwed over, and seem to be trying to gain credibility for paypal (for some reason?) by trying to discredit one user... please don't do that.
    if you have the URL of a website with thousands of people exposing the thousands of people on paypalsucks.com as frauds, feel free to post it. but as it is, you appear to be merely an attention-seeking dolt. no offence, but you write in bold pink text, you say nothing of substance and you've done that like a dozen times on my thread.

also, 'thetruthaboutpaypal.com' makes just as much sense, yes, but it sounds more like a conspiracy website or something. and if you were a person of intellect, you might have gone ONTO the website, rather than shunting the entire thing because you don't think the name is entirely suitable?
    just because something contains the word 'sucks' does not automatically mean it's stupid. are you the person that keeps writing IMDB reviews having only seen the trailer? :P

sorry, for any offence i caused, but i understand what you're trying to pull here.
    NOTE: I am not the person you speak of about IMDB trailers.

No, no offense whatsoever :D you are actually one of the more pleasing people to respond to.
    As far as the website go's, did you ever notice how everyone who discredits anything are one sided? Sure there are thousands of people who claim "Paypal screwed them over" but there are also thousands of people who "never have one issue with paypal". It is kinda hard to throw out that someone needs to be "warned" about a service that obviously has two sides of supporters. You have the people for it and you have the people against it. But do any of the people against it offer any proof that they in fact did nothing wrong to deserve what they got? Like Zezix for example, the reason I exposed him was b/c he did in fact deserve what happened to him, he says "several years" yet he was 16 a week ago. (not to mention he looks about 16 years old). To say that paypal shut his account down for no reason other than supsect of fraud, gives more credit to paypals actions than it does to his. A thriving company/website such as this would not make claims if they where not subject to being the accurate response of the situation. I understand that people can in fact make mistakes, but a company would not put on the line to get sued or lose business so easily as to "scam" their customers. As many people would like to put it. If the accusations where true, Paypal would have been shut down a long time ago, not to mention getting support by visa or mastercard would not exsit right now if it wasn't a legitimate source.

P.S. I write in pink font b/c it matches my signature :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tricktia
    tricktia Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    :D I actully had to read WHOLE thread to see what's going on.......... so far this thread pointless :rolleyes: so my question would be is this thread deservs to be closed??? :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jenenji
    edited September 2008
    tricktia wrote: »
    :D I actully had to read WHOLE thread to see what's going on.......... so far this thread pointless :rolleyes: so my question would be is this thread deservs to be closed??? :confused:

I agree that this thread does need to be closed.

There may be thousands of people that have issues with Paypal, but those numbers in whole may equal 1% of the millions of Paypal users. To start a thread like this does nothing, Anyone who uses any service(Online or not) should always read and know the ToS for the service they are using.
  • uroboros
    uroboros Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    what you say is true but you're looking at it from an illogical perspective.

it's nothing like thousands of supporters and thousands of haters. it's not about how many of each there are either. i mean, if EVERYONE had been screwed over, nobody would use it. the point is that a LOT of people have been. it's not illegal what they're doing, it's just highly immoral. for example, they will even put your account into debt and call debt collectors after you with regard to that chargeback loophole. despite the fact that they are not a bank.

anyway, i don't really care. i only went on paypalsucks.com to seek advice with regard to my own matter and there i found out what's happened to all those people. i hate paypal, but i'm not a paypal hater ^^

also i'd like to get something straight, this is just a thread to make people aware of certain facts (c'mon, who reads ToS? :P). i'm not telling anyone to stop using it, but you can see for yourself even some people here have been screwed over by them.

in conclusion, do what you will, i just want you to be informed about your decisions (is that such a crime? XD)