Question thats been bugging me about banning

tribird
tribird Posts: 10 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
What if someone got into an argument with another player and the person reported for botting when the person he was arguing with really wasnt..would get banned just for being reported??:confused:
Post edited by tribird on

Comments

• ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    They do actually investigate.... it's not a case of report = instant ban. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dayzd
    dayzd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    There has been people who were banned for going afk such as, afk flying, and just flat out being afk in middle of town. So it seemed like the gm's weren't really investigating to well.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    dayzd wrote: »
    There has been people who were banned for going afk such as, afk flying, and just flat out being afk in middle of town. So it seemed like the gm's weren't really investigating to well.

No one has been banned for "AFK Flying" unless they happened to be a gold spamming bot. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • retni
    retni Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Oh good. I'm safe while I'm AFK Sandwich making.
    Miakis - Blademaster - Heaven's Tear
    Nyx - Venomancer - Heaven's Tear
    Flonne - Archer - Heaven's Tear
  • odb
    odb Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    people who are doing something wrong and get caught always come up with the excuse that they did nothing and were "afk" or whatever. if they got banned that means something was found in their logs which was against the tos. they wont ban potential customers without cause.
  • finasoa
    finasoa Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    The GMs do want to investigate situations of people getting into arguments and whatnot...

For example, my friend and I were questing in West Archo and a level 8 barbarian came up to us and demanded to join our squad.

I politely told him that he should finish his quests in his respective town first and then when he has the same quests as us we can quest together.

He then explained that he didn't want to do quest, was simply bored, and wanted some exp because he didn't know how to level (in other words leech exp and items).

So we told him he should get to our level first because he will likely die fighting the mobs we were fighting.

He become hostile and told us that he was going to **** the game and find our passwords and delete our characters. He claimed that if we didn't let into our party he was going to ban our characters and we may as well say goodbye to them.

Of course we denied his request so he followed us around for a while shouting the same nonsense so I contacted a GM. Took them a few hours to get there, but when they did, and I explained the situation, they asked for screenshots of the incident...which I didn't think to take at the time.

But in the future if anything like that happens again I will. So they do investigate that type of stuff.
  • dagny
    dagny Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    retni wrote: »
    Oh good. I'm safe while I'm AFK Sandwich making.

SERIOUSLY! Long flights are the best time for potty breaks or making sammiches!
  • infrequentia
    infrequentia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    dagny wrote: »
    SERIOUSLY! Long flights are the best time for potty breaks or making sammiches!

Haha, yesss. Even napping. ;)