Growing Pains: Newbie questions

baba0
baba0 Posts: 15 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Support Desk
I've been playing a whopping 3 hours and am already having some annoyances/problems.

1. Is there anyway to reassign keyboard commands?
I use my right hand and arrow keys for movment in all my games... can't figure out how to reassign the key commands.

I'm open to suggestions for 3rd party utilities. I want my arrow keys. :)

2. Is there a way to reverse the zoom in/out direction on the mousewheel? It is Bass Ackwards the way it is.

3. How can I increase my camera viewing distance when zooming out? I want to zoom out 2-3x further than the game is allowing. I litterally am feeling trapped or boxed in with the current maxed zoom distance. I can't see nearly enough.

4. While the game is in fullscreen mode, if I alt-tab out of the game and then back in, Windows XP refuses to give the game back its mouse pointer. I can only play via keyboard. Is there a way to make the game Alt-Tab friendlier when in fullscreen mode?

Thanks a bunch.
[Insert Sig Here]
Playing PW since 09/07/08 :eek:
Post edited by baba0 on

Comments

• baba0
    baba0 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Anyone?

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
    [Insert Sig Here]
    Playing PW since 09/07/08 :eek:
  • Fyyrfly - Heavens Tear
    Fyyrfly - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Any work arounds or fixes?
    I posted this 4 days ago. :/
  • Levantus - Lost City
    Levantus - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    baba0 wrote: »
    I've been playing a whopping 3 hours and am already having some annoyances/problems.

1. Is there anyway to reassign keyboard commands?
    I use my right hand and arrow keys for movment in all my games... can't figure out how to reassign the key commands.

I'm open to suggestions for 3rd party utilities. I want my arrow keys. :)

2. Is there a way to reverse the zoom in/out direction on the mousewheel? It is Bass Ackwards the way it is.

3. How can I increase my camera viewing distance when zooming out? I want to zoom out 2-3x further than the game is allowing. I litterally am feeling trapped or boxed in with the current maxed zoom distance. I can't see nearly enough.

4. While the game is in fullscreen mode, if I alt-tab out of the game and then back in, Windows XP refuses to give the game back its mouse pointer. I can only play via keyboard. Is there a way to make the game Alt-Tab friendlier when in fullscreen mode?

Thanks a bunch.

Well I only have a solution to number 2, you can reverse the mousewheel zoom in game settings I know, but I couldn't tell you exactly where it is. That alt tab thing sucks, I also wanna know how to avoid that problem. Anyone else have solutions?.:)
  • Fyyrfly - Heavens Tear
    Fyyrfly - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Well I only have a solution to number 2, you can reverse the mousewheel zoom in game settings I know, but I couldn't tell you exactly where it is. That alt tab thing sucks, I also wanna know how to avoid that problem. Anyone else have solutions?.:)

I must have missed the setting. :rolleyes:
    I'll go back and take a look.

Thanks. :)
This discussion has been closed.