A word of WARNING to PayPal users

Options
uroboros
uroboros Posts: 11 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
hey this is just a word of advice to anyone considering paying via paypal. the horror stories, they're all true... paypalsucks.com if you're interested, go on the forums. if you're just adding money to it so you can buy one thing that's ok i guess but DO NOT LEAVE MONEY IN THERE! one person had his account frozen for no reason with over FOURTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS in it. never to be recovered. they basically freeze accounts for no reason all the time and use the funds appropriated for themselves.

also, when the hell is it gonna stop saying google checkout is down for maintenance?
i just signed up on google checkout so i know it's online lol

p.s. i'm not trying to have any bad impact on PW sales or anything, but people should know about this, because it really happens all the time
Post edited by uroboros on

Comments

• monarch
    monarch Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I never leave more than 40 bucks in paypal at any given time. But I do have money transferring in there now for whenever PWI lowers its zen costs.

But thank you for the warning! :P
  • dagny
    dagny Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    uroboros wrote: »
    hey this is just a word of advice to anyone considering paying via paypal. the horror stories, they're all true... paypalsucks.com if you're interested, go on the forums. if you're just adding money to it so you can buy one thing that's ok i guess but DO NOT LEAVE MONEY IN THERE! one person had his account frozen for no reason with over FOURTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS in it. never to be recovered. they basically freeze accounts for no reason all the time and use the funds appropriated for themselves.

also, when the hell is it gonna stop saying google checkout is down for maintenance?
    i just signed up on google checkout so i know it's online lol

p.s. i'm not trying to have any bad impact on PW sales or anything, but people should know about this, because it really happens all the time

I have been dealing with Paypal for years and i am willing to bet that the person whose account got frozen did more than "nothing". They may have TOLD you they did nothing, but I would tend to doubt that seriously.
  • skar
    skar Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Frozen accounts are a result of sharing your account info with a shady friend who decided to go on a spending spree. You should be thankful that in this game they limit how much you can buy per day from paypal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jacobii
    jacobii Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I've read that site a while back and personally never had problems with it.

And 14,000? I'd store that in my BANK ACCOUNT, not some internet payment site. Honestly now, people should have some common sense.
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Agreed been using paypal for about 4 years now no problems at all. Usually the people who complain about paypal are the ones who did something wrong to begin with. So they go and complain about it to lower paypal support and dont even tell everyone the whole story. why would they tell ppl the truth though cuz remember its not them thats in the wrong so they say its paypal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Most of those "horror stories" about Paypal are false stories and rumors set up by other companies dealing in the same business as PayPal.

I could very well go around and make a site called "VisaSucks.com" or "AmericanExpressSucks.com" and post there all the false reports and rumors I would like.

No system is perfect, but PayPal is as safe as any other online or offline payment methods.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • jebbediah
    jebbediah Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Been a paypal user for 7 year's now .never had a problem.

Paypal is legit and easy to use.

I would not give creedence to the original poster.
  • xauss
    xauss Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    PayPal gives some buyer protection... whereas some other money transfer sites protect the seller.

no doubt, the reason why the person mentioned in the OP had 14k in there, and why it was frozen was because he was selling goods / services, and enough purchasers had complained so PayPal had to freeze his account to prevent him taking money out that would be needed to for refunds.

To illustrate this, a certain Goldseller selling a games currency (against ToS / EULA) was screenied saying he wouldnt accept PayPal only Western Union... further questioning uncovered that Western Union protected him as the seller, whereas PayPal protected the buyer.
    Point being, if he used PayPal and failed to deliver the game-gold, the RMT buyer could get their money back, whereas with WU he could take the money and run
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • uroboros
    uroboros Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    Most of those "horror stories" about Paypal are false stories and rumors set up by other companies dealing in the same business as PayPal.

I could very well go around and make a site called "VisaSucks.com" or "AmericanExpressSucks.com" and post there all the false reports and rumors I would like.

No system is perfect, but PayPal is as safe as any other online or offline payment methods.

no, its not... did you even go on the site?

its not just 1 person who's made a site because they hate paypal for no reason... it's an alertness website with reports from thousands of people who have been screwed over by this thing... :rolleyes:

and im glad you people have not yet had problems with them, and hey dont listen if you dont want to, but youre basically doing what everyone did when hitler rose to power
    'well, its not my country or me being killed, so who cares'

ok thats a bit dramatic but really, theyre not a good company. i have had a bad experience with them, and i did nothing wrong at all...

edit and to the person above, thats not how or why they do things. and the 'buyer protection' allows scamming, because if u sell something they can do a credit card chargeback up to 7 days later, by just phoning their card company and saying it was a fraudulent payment.. no questions asked.
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Paypal is vile, ebay is vile, both should be boycotted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • birdie
    birdie Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I have been a member for a number of years and have had no problems either.

I smell sour grapes here.
  • zezix
    zezix Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    A few years back I decided to sell something on ebay through paypal, once I recieved the money via paypal (which was 2,700 USD) my account was suddenly frozen. I tried contacting them many times and they tried to tell me I wasnt who I said I was, I had to go through multiple scenarios where they would ask for tons and tons of information. My account is still frozen by the way.
  • l0ki
    l0ki Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    well.. true paypal sucks...I got fcked up by paypal after selling a book and got scammed. I hate their policies ans believe me, when I hate it, you'll hate it even more. I have not transfered to a new site like pp but i guess i have to try google checkout.

Paypal:

Buying = pretty much average
    Selling = Don't even think about it. buy insurance to be sure.
  • starman17
    starman17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    did that guy just compare PayPal to Hitler?
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    Options
    zezix wrote: »
    A few years back I decided to sell something on ebay through paypal, once I recieved the money via paypal (which was 2,700 USD) my account was suddenly frozen. I tried contacting them many times and they tried to tell me I wasnt who I said I was, I had to go through multiple scenarios where they would ask for tons and tons of information. My account is still frozen by the way.

Your like 16 years old, how can it be a few years back? not to mention your legally not ALLOWED to use the ebay services under the age of 18. I believe paypal was right to freeze your account. Its against the law to pretend to be someone els or steal their identity let alone lie about your age to obtain money. Its called fraud maybe you should google that sometime.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zezix
    edited September 2008
    Options
    sikozu wrote: »

Your like 16 years old, how can it be a few years back? not to mention your legally not ALLOWED to use the ebay services under the age of 18. I believe paypal was right to freeze your account. Its against the law to pretend to be someone els or steal their identity let alone lie about your age to obtain money. Its called fraud maybe you should google that sometime.

Who the hell told you I was 16 years old? o.O Whoever did, they are wrong.
  • kluheht
    kluheht Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    monwybookers.com is the best!
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Who the hell told you I was 16 years old? o.O Whoever did, they are wrong.

Do I need to remind you of

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=22011&page=16

and this
    below this line is a recent post I made.

My camera auto names pictures randomly.. I uploaded it on Tinypic to post it here. But I wont argue with you =]

good dont =] cuz a girl would not say this
    Ah, thanks for the info, sealed.

I hope its a male summoner class, that would be BA =]

Oh and I also found your myspace =]
    http://www.myspace.com/95967848

Please do not impersonate people, or if you meant it as a joke post it later that it is. Some people are not stupid and can see right through that.

Just in case you try and change your myspace here is a copy and paste of the front page btw its private.

"I Don't Know.. BLAHH!"

Male
    16 years old
    Nine Mile Falls, Washington
    United States
    END POST
    Oh dont be fooled those of you that go to his myspace ans see "age 19" that is also a lie the copy and paste above says otherwise. oh for those of you that have any doubt about what I'm saying remember I would not have a reason to post any this unless I was telling the truth =]

EDIT: Not to mention it seems from this post you made that you could potentially have a history of pretending to be someone your not smells fishy to me. Really kid just grow up ok? these stunts your pulling are so easy to see right through not to mention your only 16 so I expect you do not realize the consequences of some of your actions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zezix
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I don't know what you're talking about, I was born September 25th 1988. My myspace has said differently because along time ago when I made it I put the info in wrong and never really cared to change it, but I did just now so people like you would shut up. Thanks for reminding me and making yourself look more like a stalker then before, gratz.
  • zezix
    edited September 2008
    Options
    EDIT: Not to mention it seems from this post you made that you could potentially have a history of pretending to be someone your not smells fishy to me. Really kid just grow up ok? these stunts your pulling are so easy to see right through not to mention your only 16 so I expect you do not realize the consequences of some of your actions.

Who the hell am I pretending to be? You mean when I posted that pic sayin I was some random girl? Lmao.. Plently of people on here post random pictures and claim to "be that person" for a joke. That has NOTHING to do with how old anyone is.
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Who the hell am I pretending to be? You mean when I posted that pic sayin I was some random girl? Lmao.. Plently of people on here post random pictures and claim to "be that person" for a joke. That has NOTHING to do with how old anyone is.

Dont be mad b/c you where proven to be a liar really it looks so FAKE. I am no stalker believe me but it doesn't please me to see someone such as yourself to run around claming false accusations on paypal as well, when it very well seems to be your fault the account was closed to begin with, or even as far as to claim to be an age you are not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zezix
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Whatever dude, I don't need to prove my age to someone as sad as you o.O

Sure you caught me in a "lie" when I said I was a girl, go you! You deserve a treat of some sort.

If you want to you can search up my address too and come on over and i'll let you see my birth cirtificate, lmao.
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Whatever dude, I don't need to prove my age to someone as sad as you o.O

Sure you caught me in a "lie" when I said I was a girl, go you! You deserve a treat of some sort.

If you want to you can search up my address too and come on over and i'll let you see my birth cirtificate, lmao.

A remark of last resort. Claiming to let me see your birth certificate says nothing, when in actuallity you know I cant actually see it, so using that as a means of defense proves to be futile on your part. Kid just cut the act it isn't funny nor does it get you anywhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dayzd
    dayzd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Glad this went from a topic about Paypal to a topic about Zezix on myspace.

btw zezix your terrible in game.
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    Options
    dayzd wrote: »

haha yes sorry about dragging it off into another topic ^^;; completely my fault! I sometimes let my personal influences get in the way I apologize.
    Back on topic: Paypal is wonderful just dont try to scam people and you'll do just fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zezix
    edited September 2008
    Options
    dayzd wrote: »

How am I terrible in game when me and my guild own RQ even when its 6v3 with us having the 3.

People like you are so self-conscious they think they can nark on other people to make them feel better when in all reality it just makes them look foolish and childish.
  • zezix
    edited September 2008
    Options
    A remark of last resort. Claiming to let me see your birth certificate says nothing, when in actuallity you know I cant actually see it, so using that as a means of defense proves to be futile on your part. Kid just cut the act it isn't funny nor does it get you anywhere.

Well I figured since you are such a stalker you would have no problem lookin up my address and dropping by for a visit =] Let me know before you come over though, I will make some food or something.
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Well I figured since you are such a stalker you would have no problem lookin up my address and dropping by for a visit =] Let me know before you come over though, I will make some food or something.

Please dont double post there is an edit button right below your original post just above mine.
    It is not me "stalking" you that is the issue, clearly its that you dont know how to cover your tracks when you lie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zezix
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Please dont double post there is an edit button right below your original post just above mine.
    It is not me "stalking" you that is the issue, clearly its that you dont know how to cover your tracks when you lie.

Sorry about that, my bad :P

Sorry I lied about me being a girl aswell, that was toally awful and made me look like a child!

Also, I am sorry I made a mistake on my birthday on myspace, I have been lieing about my age for awhile now, I am deeply sorry for that -.- But its fixed now so no worries ^_^ I am out of this thread.
  • dark90111
    dark90111 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options

You are the most stupid form of human I've ever met in my life.

Ohnoes, his myspace says he's 16. WHO THE HECK CARES?! My personal own myspace says I'm 77, but does that make me 77? nope. I'm 19 freakin' years of age. You're the most stupid person I've met in my life who tried to prove herself right by spitting out stupidity. Your logic is just downright nonsense and moronic. Because obviously you can link someones age to their myspace, you must be pure genius, we have a human prodigy in the making.

You fail life.

gtfo earth.