Paypal

Options
seanie
seanie Posts: 46 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
Why does it take 5+ days for paypal to go through?
Post edited by seanie on

Comments

• dagny
    dagny Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    seanie wrote: »
    Why does it take 5+ days for paypal to go through?

For an accurate reason, Iw ould suggest calling Paypal.

Now, if you're content with my guess (and otehr people's as well), then I would hazard to say that Paypal is very careful when it comes to sales on digital property. Paypal prefers to be able to confirm delivery of items through tracking numbers and such. When you buy digital things Paypal cannot verify you ever got the items so it makes the environment ripe for claims of non-delivery.

5 days allows for some reasonable time where charges can be disputed in the case of stolen account info.

This is just my guess... I would still suggest you call Paypal and ask.
  • skar
    skar Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Do you have a verified account with PayPal? I have been a user of theirs for 9 years now and every transaction goes through within minutes, but the charge doesn't hit my bank for several days. I always thought this was typical of a money wire transaction anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lyrielcrossfield
    lyrielcrossfield Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Because you're paying by e-check. Like a real check it takes days to verify and approve payment. Unlike a real check if you're trying to scam or just don't know how low your account is it won't bounce and you won't get hit with bounce fees, your check will just be denied.
  • jacobii
    jacobii Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I pay through paypal with my credit card and purchased zen earlier. The transaction was cleared and zen were received within five minutes.
  • delux
    delux Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I assure you that this is a problem on your side. Everyone in my guild has had their transactions clear instantly.

You either don't have verification set up right, or you need to talk to your bank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sahrai
    sahrai Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I had someone break in to my paypal and attempt to remove $3,000 from my bank account. Had Paypal NOT had the 5 day period, I would have been absolutely screwed.

It's for your security, and for the security of the people receiving the money.
    Official PWI irc: irc.deltaanime.net #pwint
    IdleRPG with hilarious customizations included. No chat penalty; others remain the same.
  • l0ki
    l0ki Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    guess you have to move from normal account to premier account.
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    The only way to remove the 5 day delay is use a credit card as backup payment method.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • agentzer0
    agentzer0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    paypal

if u use credit card, funds clear automatically
    if u use bank account, funds take at least 5 days to clear
    if u use bank account with credit card as backup, funds clear automatically

there =)