Reasonable Reply to Zen Poll - MY Poll

Options
dagny
dagny Posts: 124 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
I realize that calling my own thought s reasonable is not exactly impartial, but bear with me.

I already purchased $50 worth of Zen, did it as soon as teh cash shop was up.

Did I buy stuff? yes.

Does the stuff have value? yes.

Will I buy more Zen? Not at these prices.

yes, the items are cool, yes they have value... just not enough to justify the cost. Is a candy bar cool? Sure. Is it worth $3? No. If you're REALLY hungry you might spend that money once without thinking it through. Odds are you will not repeat.

I found the poll itself mildly pffensive. The company says it is trying to gather data so we can "choose our own fate". Probelm is the options are VERY incomplete. I majored in economics and took classes in data gathering and analysis. This poll is intentionally incomplete. There is no option that says "None of the above."

Why is that important? Because without it, anyone voting is saying the choices are ok and the company can act like they listened to the poll.

What's also funny is the option to buy $150 worth of Zen and get $100 free Zen. This company is proving again and again that they are trying to fleece us. They seem to want a server basically empty except for the very rich and those who play completely free.

Xarfox, I feel for you... you have been put in a bad position bringing us unacceptable choices.

MY POLL: (please reply to this post with just your response)

Under what circumstances will you buy Zen?

1) If the value of Zen is doubled from its current rate.

2) If the value of Zen is tripled from its current rate.

3) If the cash shop offers more goods like the other versions of PW have.

4) If people who already bought Zen are compensated for changes to the value of Zen.

5) None of the choices above are acceptable.

6) I will never buy Zen no matter what changes are made.
Post edited by dagny on

Comments

• dagny
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I will vote first.

1,2, 3, & 4 are acceptable to me.
  • kitfox
    kitfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Honestly, I think there's a simpler thing to ask.

1: How much per month do you spend on other PW games?

2: How much more are you willing to pay per month on the stuff here because we are "better" (Less lag, better text, etc)?

All other information and values can be derived from those numbers.
  • dagny
    edited September 2008
    Options
    kitfox wrote: »

2: How much more are you willing to pay per month on the stuff here because we are "better" (Less lag, better text, etc)?

I disagree. I am not able to say how much I am willing to spend here because I don't see the value. I am not willing to spend any more money at the current value of Zen. I will not commit to spend $25 or $50 because it's not about how much I will spend unless there is value to how much $1 buys me. Only then can I consider how many $$.
  • mas
    mas Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options

PWE decided to bring this game to the states, so why should I feel compelled to pay inflated zen prices for understandable text? That should be standard...with that mentality I'd stay far away from the car dealerships.

The lag discussion is more reasonable, but all the servers were overseas an it's only natural for some lag to take place especially with the sheer volume of active players there. Now that the servers are local we should all understand that operational cost will be greater, but not so great as to inflate the USD to zen rate by such a huge percentage.

I'm all for choices 1-4 on the thread starters poll.

*6 is also starting to look imminent inevitability also.

**Btw there is no production cost for these items other than operational cost. It's not as if they have to collect raw materials to create the items we see in game. Which means lowering the prices of zen and increasing the amount of people purchasing would be the best move since as I stated this stuff cost nothing to make...it's all virtual. You'd have more players purchasing from the mall and it will cost you nothing....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    いっしょにヴェスパでとうきょうにいきましょうか?
  • poison
    poison Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    dagny wrote: »

4) If people who already bought Zen are compensated for changes to the value of Zen.

4 needs to be done if 1 & 2 ever happen. 3 just needs to happen period.

My answers are 1, 2 (I'll accept 1, but I'm not about to turn away choice 2), 3 & 4... but it's starting to get closer to 6.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • buny
    buny Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    1,2, 3, & 4 are acceptable to me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sinful Leader
  • dagny
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Awesome :-)

Let's hope Xarfox or someone in charge sees this :-)
  • sensational
    sensational Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options

i disagree with this also... how much im willing to pay depends on the value i get for my money.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    my vote wrote:

1) If the value of Zen is doubled from its current rate. (this would be the minimum acceptable)

2) If the value of Zen is tripled from its current rate. (this would be the idea approach)

4) If people who already bought Zen are compensated for changes to the value of Zen. (this is primordial if you don't want to **** off customers who already bought Zen. Doing otherwise would alienate them for good)

At least you know how to make a relevant pool by adding a "none of the above" option, like all well made pool should have.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • greystok
    greystok Posts: 62
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I realize that calling my own thought s reasonable is not exactly impartial, but bear with me.

Did I buy stuff? yes.

yes, the items are cool, yes they have value... just not enough to justify the cost. Is a candy bar cool? Sure. Is it worth $3? No. If you're REALLY hungry you might spend that money once without thinking it through. Odds are you will not repeat.

I found the poll itself mildly pffensive. The company says it is trying to gather data so we can "choose our own fate". Probelm is the options are VERY incomplete. I majored in economics and took classes in data gathering and analysis. This poll is intentionally incomplete. There is no option that says "None of the above."

Why is that important? Because without it, anyone voting is saying the choices are ok and the company can act like they listened to the poll.

What's also funny is the option to buy $150 worth of Zen and get $100 free Zen. This company is proving again and again that they are trying to fleece us. They seem to want a server basically empty except for the very rich and those who play completely free.

Xarfox, I feel for you... you have been put in a bad position bringing us unacceptable choices.

First let me say this will prolly get deleted as did a post by another player for no reason.
    I said I would never post here again but this ONE and ONLY ONE time I will.

My Vote:
    This company has messed up and lost trust of its users.
    I was a COMPLETE PWE supporter it was my dream server.
    I watched them take my favorite mmo and turn it into a Failure.
    They STILL continue to ignore the players demands.
    They have been accused of spying on the europe server going into CB this month by the LEAD
    GM of it."whom also confrimed prices of the server WILL NOT be higher then those of PW-my"
    They have proven time and time again they are always going to try to rise prices.
    They Have lost my trust completely I would not even play perfect world any longer if they were the only company running a server.

This post has not been a flame.
    I used ZERO profanity.
    Watch it get deleted...........
  • icebreath
    icebreath Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options

Did I buy stuff? yes.

I would Never spend / buy items for ingame use in a game that is STILL in Beta!!

You did see that its still in BETA right?

Even worse that its Open Beta and you have to spend real money to try some things out...

Do i need to say more?

Ridiculous!!!
  • irbis
    irbis Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    My Vote:
    This company has messed up and lost trust of its users.
    I was a COMPLETE PWE supporter it was my dream server.
    I watched them take my favorite mmo and turn it into a Failure.
    They STILL continue to ignore the players demands.
    They have been accused of spying on the europe server going into CB this month by the LEAD
    GM of it."whom also confrimed prices of the server WILL NOT be higher then those of PW-my"
    They have proven time and time again they are always going to try to rise prices.
    They Have lost my trust completely I would not even play perfect world any longer if they were the only company running a server.

more or less - yea. i would throw out the part of "spying" as long as i dont see a solid proof. and PW=EU proven few times their agresive atitude toward PWI so i wouldnt be suprised if this "spying" was made up by them.
    There exist only three beings worthy of respect:
    the priest, the soldier, the poet.
    To know, to kill, to create.
    -severan
  • kuailiang
    kuailiang Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Doubled from it's current rate would still make some items very pricy. The Camo shirt is worth 10 golds and thus 10$. Even cut in half, it's still 5$ for a single random fashion. In my opinion, the cash shop doesn't need a static change but rather an overall modification. 1$ for 2 gold, in example, would be somewhat reasonable so long as everything else is priced accordingly.
  • cerberus
    cerberus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    honestly if they actually gave more content to this version then any of the other versions i would pay but its still the same damn perfect world translated in (proper?)english and also even tho its translated i still see some errors just read the duke's shout in-game -.-

so 1,3,4 for me
  • dagny
    edited September 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    At least you know how to make a relevant pool by adding a "none of the above" option, like all well made pool should have.

I had to make the poll relevant or they might revoke my college degree :-)
  • xwickedx
    xwickedx Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    1,2,4 is would be fine for me, the way it is now i wont be spending a dime.