ADMIN: to PWI and Lynux?

sikozu
sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Support Desk
I was wondering if PWI was able to run on Lynux Ubuntu If I where to get a windows emulator. My computer is having issues with downgrading to Windows xp after I got this one virus none of the Operating systems I try to run on my laptop recognize the hard disk except Lynux.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
Post edited by sikozu on

Comments

• kinetikop
    kinetikop Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Yes it does, I was testing this earlier on my Ubuntu box (shhh I promise I wasn't trying to multi-box ;))
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    You can try it, but we can't offer you any support whatsoever for Windows emulation on Linux or Unix variations (such as Mac OSX).
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    kinetikop wrote: »
    Yes it does, I was testing this earlier on my Ubuntu box (shhh I promise I wasn't trying to multi-box ;))
    Ok sweets thank you so much, now the only other problem I have is finding drivers for "Nividia Geforce 9500M GS" for Ubuntu. :( if you know where I can get them let me know pls!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kinetikop
    kinetikop Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    sikozu wrote: »
    Ok sweets thank you so much, now the only other problem I have is finding drivers for "Nividia Geforce 9500M GS" for Ubuntu. :( if you know where I can get them let me know pls!

I sent you a PM, please check it. =]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    You can try it, but we can't offer you any support whatsoever for Windows emulation on Linux or Unix variations (such as Mac OSX).

Ok once I figure out how to run PWI with Linux I will post it here and let everyone know how it went =] If I figure out the problem can you make this a stickie so everyone who wants to know how to get PWI running on this OS will be able to find it easily!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'll see if we're allowed, even though we can't support the OS.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • akkah
    akkah Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'll see if we're allowed, even though we can't support the OS.

Hmm. Is it possible to make a Linux version of it? Unless that's too much work...
This discussion has been closed.