The 'Introduce Yourself' thread

arles
arles Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Off-Topic Discussion
Hello all. As you probably have noticed, this is a thread I made to introduce myself and for other newcomers to do likewise. Introduce yourself, your character, and any information about you that you wish to share.

I'm Arles. So far, I'm enjoying it here. My character right now is Sigrun (level 13 cleric) on the Etherblade Server.

A little bit about me: I'm pretty chilled out and difficult to agitate. I'm also very rational and pragmatic. I really don't get exited about much and have recently defected from Fiesta. I'm hoping to stick around for a while: I'm already liking this game.

At any rate...rookies, please stop by and tell us about yourself.
Post edited by arles on

Comments

• darkassasin
    darkassasin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hi welcome to PW and hope u like it, even tho its abit too grinfdy but queswt rewards makes up for it :) Btw this is my first time playing pw too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XdxDb:victoryb:cuteb:laughb:angry
  • orostheavenger
    orostheavenger Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hi everyone, I didn't manage to get into the CB (on account of me not knowing this game existed until yesterday) so I look forward to playing with you all in the OB. Downloading it at home right now while I'm at work :) See you in game.
  • lycanthra
    lycanthra Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    OMG OMG OMG WHAT WOULD I DO WITHOUT PANCAKES

caps
  • calister
    calister Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Well also I wasn't expecting a new game to come out, so i didn't get the CB, so I'll be back for the OB!!!

But i'll still read the Email Newsletters :D
    The Gender of your character is your decision alone, you can be Male or Female.
  • baifang
    baifang Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hi Everyone,

Been floating around and levelling quite a few alt's in CB to see which play style will suit me. Come from a long history of Mmo's, most recently in the CB/OB of Florensia and now Atlantica and Perfect World. I'm 29, from Darkest Africa and hope to meet the nice, avoid the ugly, and destroy the bad.

You know, the usual MMO bull. See you all in OB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • godshelp08
    godshelp08 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hello, i just joined and got my CB key :), so hope to see you in game, right now i am downloading it. Also i am from Spokane, Washington ;)
  • sentinel
    sentinel Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Just found this game today when I was browsing massivefps.com Decided to start downloading it (still am) and I guess I'll be in OB when it opens. I've been looking for a good game to replace Planetside (MMOFPS I've been playing since Beta) and so far, this looks really promising. *crosses fingers*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fearedxlonexwolf
    fearedxlonexwolf Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm a 17 year old gamer, I've only played a few games since my graphics card is kinda outdated on this computer but the 2nd computer I built is efficient enough to play on. I'm from Alabama and I'm happy to be part of perfect world, just need the beta code muah. ...... no neko u can't have my cookie!
    BUT BUT BUT I WANTED ZE PIGGY!!!:eek:
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hello! I am 21 Years old, Married! and I live in New Mexico.
    Been playing MMO's for about 6 years now =] (FFXI, EQII, PWI)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • kiataro
    kiataro Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hello all im 11 years old like playing MMO's and im a stb* venomancer
    *=soon to be
    friend are not meant to be used or tortured,friend are people u share happiness and sadness with

friends never part, maybe by distance but not by heart

hope u like what i drew!! (may not come out well cause i have a bad camera if so i am sorry)
  • sikozu
    edited August 2008
    kiataro wrote: »
    Hello all im 11 years old like playing MMO's and im a stb* venomancer
    *=soon to be

WELCOME!!!!! :D
    <3 Venomancer!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • harshva
    harshva Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    My name is Harshey, am from USA 25 yr old male. I finished my master's of engineering in civil last semester and currently working. I played Blademaster in CB looking forward to make him in ob too ;)

lol ty for Mod for giving me link for this topic :P
    Harsh
  • zeratheal
    zeratheal Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I thought this was a "Introduce Yourself" thread but the first few post I read wasn't naturally a self intro post! Haha xD Well, here is my self introduction.

Hello Perfect World Players! I am Phear from Closed Beta and still will be Phear in Open Beta! I'm 19 years old and my irl (In real life) name is Mark. I'm glad to become a Perfect World citizen. Ahh, isn't this such a perfect world? :D Well, I'll hope to see you people around during Open Beta! I'll be in the [ EAST PvE (Heaven Tears.. I think I think it was called :confused:) ] So I wish that I'll see you people around in there! Say Hi when you see me if you wish! :D Good luck, happy gaming!

~Phear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Phear

Missing the First Experience Of Perfect World's Closed Beta! :( Giving Respect To All The Players Who Has Made It A Fun And Exciting Eperience! :D
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    harshva wrote: »
    lol ty for Mod for giving me link for this topic :P

;)

I guess since I'm here, I'll do the same. I'm 27, male, British but now live in the States with my American wife. I work in QA for an international biopharmaceutical testing and medical device manufacturing company.

Probably playing a Cleric and/or Blademaster mostly on PvE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drace
    drace Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    hey is it odd that i found the game yester day in cb but it still let me play ?????
  • airie
    airie Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hello. My name is Mana and I've played MMO's for far too long to really count. I've taken part in a lot of beta's of popular MMORPG's now and hope to continue assisting with bug reports. My main game is World of Warcraft, as I've played it for 4+ years.

I'm a 22 year old gamer living in SoCal, America. ^^; When I am not gaming, I'm usually doing some graphic design work or writing.

Not too terribly sure what my names in open beta will be, but before I was a 2x wizard named Eileath. Probably saw me jumping around for a good two hours for the chest quest in the human town -o- Jumping has never been my thing...

Looking forward to open beta and actually getting a higher level P:
  • ina1166
    ina1166 Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I was Purple on Etherblade, that annoying venomancer with her indestructible pet, ★Maggot★.

I'll be Ina during OB, a blademaster. :]
    88 FIRE! An "anti-tank" projectile, accompanied by an AC-130 are on their way to ensure insanity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • noobje
    noobje Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I am beginning the game at 2:00 PM GTM -7 or as it is here 23:00 hours in Holland.

'My name is Noob91 by the way ;-)'
    greetz
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    21 - Female Born in the us but i'm german/native american :D
    I will be playing OB as a Venomancer!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • khaai
    khaai Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hi everyone, I'm male, 17 and live in Eastern Europe. :p Haven't played lots of mmorpgs, but I'm the luckiest person to play the best one. ^O^ In game I'm pretty social and I come from PW MY-EN, where I played 4 months (EP and WF). I will always help people with their quest or fb and expect to see nice and helping people as well. I dislike PK and I never ever miss a chance to bully and insult PKers and PK guilds, because it's so fun!! It's very childish but I that's the way I am and I can't help it. XDD My bad experience from PW MY makes me go to PvE server, and I welcome everyone to come PvE as well. Hope to see you all and....

Happy Gaming :p:p

(if you get the hint lol, people from PW MY will know)
  • vv01f
    vv01f Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    hello ppl:) lets see male...16....like anime and good music...ive played runescape(yes i know what your thinking lol) haha...im playing in the pvp server as vvolf :) so say hi if u see me around....oh and i forgot to mention i like using...(dot dot dot) alot....oh and khaai im a pkkker so good luck:)
    I PKKK CAUSE.........PKERS HAVE RIGHTS :)

but im still too low lvl and n00b1sh so.....lol (23 lvls to go)w00t
  • bloodstallion
    bloodstallion Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    well... this looks like the right place for me then... here we go

I am Stallion, my real name is of no consequence, and i play whatever i can when i can. before PW (which i am still having trouble DLing...) i play/played WoW, Combat Arms, enemy teritory, Beta on LOTRO, ect.

now im broke... i have no money for any kind of payments or hardware... hence the betas and free stuff, the only reason i play WoW is bc i got my dad hooked, muahahaha

anyway, im in highschool, as well as in the desert. ouch.
    ive got curly, brown/blonde hair and hazel eyes... and 2 arms, 5 legs, 12 heads, 34 noses and 0 eyes. jk

yeah... im a pretty big dork... theater kid, also did swim for a few years... so, uh... nice to meet yall, and c ya arround the forums
  • edd
    edd Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    hi, my name is edward but everyone calls me eddy. i come to perfect world from last chaos and though i still love LC i believe i will be taking a break. my ign, strokez was the name my mentor on LC used and he no longer is able to play for reasons of his own. i will also be starting a pw chapter of his guild, vendetta. i will post more on that in the guild forums. i live in America but love to travel and anything else you want to know about me all you have to do is ask. see you all in game.
  • takayuji
    takayuji Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Heeey. The name's Jason, from Canaduh (pwn you). Male, obviously, otherwise if my parents gave me that name as a female, man would they be messed up. >_>; I've played MMOs for about 8 years. A lot of beta testing. A LOT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Main ~ Blademaster: Noirin
    Alt ~ Venomancer: anora

. don't cry when pwned, or be pwned again. :D
  • oceanbeyond
    oceanbeyond Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'm a 17 year old Chinese guy, living in California. Love listening to old school extreme music. I also play guitar, but i'm not a good guitar player yet. Not a huge gamer, but I still like to play games. I've played a couple of MMORPGs, but I got bored of them.

I play as a WB, named Usurper, in the PvP server.
    Character:

Usurper - Barbarian
  • selari
    selari Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hi, I am Me. I am a 17 year old girl. I'm from the West coast of the US. Any further information on my whereabouts/indentification and I will have to kill you. You can call me Airpink, Selari, or Cethlenn, whichever you prefer. I just joined so I'm not some uber pimped out character (yet). I have played a ton of mmos before this (not religiously of course! I have a life tyvm). On the PvE server cuz being level 1 on a pvp server is just sad. I like music, swimming, running, drawing, explosions, chaos, and destruction. um.... I think thats it.
  • jaydee191
    jaydee191 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hey all im JD and I was looking for a Free-2-Play MMORPG to keep me occupied in my tedious, job-searching 17 year old life I am planning on playing Warhammer Online upon release and used to play WoW (Human Lock) though I didnt think I would encounter a Free-2-Play that looked so damn good, which I discovered in a Youtube ad no less! :D

My computer is DLing it as we speak and I am planning on going an Untamed Barbarian (WB or wateva.. yes I read the Newb Guide :p) well hello everyone this is my 1st post here and hope this is the start of a wonderful relationship with a community I did not know the existance of 2 hours ago :eek:
  • l0ki
    l0ki Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ZUP~

I'm 19, MMORPG Hopper.. Played 30+ MMO and MMORPG. Anime Otaku~ I also read manga.. but not much.

BM in PVE server, I'm almost broke because of all the money I spend on Pots.. X_X and I'm excited for TW!!!!

That's IT~
  • mardukprophet
    mardukprophet Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Marduk's the name.

I'm cynical and often brash, but I'm a pretty nice guy when you actually get to know me (not that any of you will). Regardless of that, I often find myself helping new players in many different games. I guess its just a win-win situation, really. Someone gets the help they need and I get to toot my horn a little bit. Eh, whatever. I've recently found myself a bit addicted to Perfect World and I'm hoping to see what the International version brings to the table. I may just wind up reverting back to the Malaysian servers if this doesn't meet my expectations.
    darthpanda16:
    I will start deleting posts that are just posts to post in the Tech Support forums.
  • myp
    myp Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hey, I'm Jane.. I'm from Russia and I hope u won't kick me from this server because of my English :p I read some posts here and most of u from USA and something near there ))
    Well, I'm waiting for good team play in PW 'cause it's great mmorpg game, I like it lot! ^^

PS wau, when I creat my nickname, I forget that u will read it not as I do ))) I'm mur xD
    Here I should write nicknames of my chars in other games, but I'm too lazy.