Help, please?

erisu
erisu Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Support Desk
All right, I've worked hard on the poorly translated Malaysian version, getting my character up to level 21 on the limited time I have... ...Is there any way I can transfer this character to International, or do I HAVE to start from scratch? D:
Post edited by erisu on

Comments

• lalafad
    lalafad Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    i'm sorry man i have issue trying to download the game D:
  • kinetikop
    kinetikop Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    You need to start over from scratch, this is a different game by a different company.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • erisu
    edited September 2008
    kinetikop wrote: »
    You need to start over from scratch, this is a different game by a different company.

...Then why even bother getting the new one if you can't somehow transfer characters you spent hours on? ~_~ Sorry, I'd rather stick with the Malaysian than lose a character I worked hard on.
  • kinetikop
    edited September 2008
    Level 21 takes a few hours, and its a different game. Better translations, more friendly community, different company, lower latancy (ping). Plenty of reason's to come play this version. Also it is new and you will be able to compete to be one of the best in the game if you try hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lalafad
    edited September 2008
    help me down load the game part by part or suffer my face
  • erisu
    edited September 2008
    Level 21 takes a few hours, and its a different game. Better translations, more friendly community, different company, lower latancy (ping). Plenty of reason's to come play this version. Also it is new and you will be able to compete to be one of the best in the game if you try hard.

But I'm still losing something I worked hard on. I can't bring anything over, all so I can level up faster? How does that equate to all the hard work I put into my old account? "Oh, this one's better!" Eye of the beholder, really. And it annoys me that, from what I can tell, they're practically the same. "Different company?" Then why isn't one sueing for copyright infringement when they're this similar?

Also, the community where I was, happened to be fine. People helped when I needed, I could tell what I had to do despite translations, and there was CHALLENGE.
  • kinetikop
    edited September 2008
    lol You can either go to http://perfectworld.com/download and download each part from the given links. Scroll down a bit to see them. Or you can click these links (they are the same links I am just making things easy) :

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Once you have downloaded all of the parts, just double click the first part to extract them all, then open the folder and double click the Setup.exe and follow the instructions to install the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lalafad
    edited September 2008
    will it take a year?
  • kinetikop
    edited September 2008
    erisu wrote: »
    But I'm still losing something I worked hard on. I can't bring anything over, all so I can level up faster? How does that equate to all the hard work I put into my old account? "Oh, this one's better!" Eye of the beholder, really. And it annoys me that, from what I can tell, they're practically the same. "Different company?" Then why isn't one sueing for copyright infringement when they're this similar?

Also, the community where I was, happened to be fine. People helped when I needed, I could tell what I had to do despite translations, and there was CHALLENGE.

All of the perfect world games are simply being hosted by different companies. The origional Perfect World Bejing holds the contracts to allow other companies to host there game in different locations across the globe. This is an international version, as is the Mylasian version. Please do not get angry with me. This is based in the United States and will have better translations, or does. Other than the fact it is a new company hosting the game, with more up to date content and better translations, and possibly better ping and friendlier GM's there is no reason for you to switch. It is personal preference.
    lalafad wrote: »
    will it take a year?

No, it took me about 25 minutes, althought I am on a relatively fast internet connection. It will take about an hour and a half on 512K DSL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • erisu
    edited September 2008
    All of the perfect world games are simply being hosted by different companies. The origional Perfect World Bejing holds the contracts to allow other companies to host there game in different locations across the globe. This is an international version, as is the Mylasian version. Please do not get angry with me. This is based in the United States and will have better translations, or does. Other than the fact it is a new company hosting the game, with more up to date content and better translations, and possibly better ping and friendlier GM's there is no reason for you to switch. It is personal preference.

No, it took me about 25 minutes, althought I am on a relatively fast internet connection. It will take about an hour and a half on 512K DSL.

I'm not angry, I'm just sitting here going, "WTF!?" It took me five weeks to get to level five on the Malaysian. And I'm still trying to figure out why they can't have some sort of character-transfer thing. I don't care for translation, or leveling up faster, or how friendly the community is--I'm reminded of how more modern-day games are sacrificing gameplay for graphics. Where's the challenge if you can get to twenty-one in a few hours? I enjoyed the tiring, drawn-out quests. When my friend told me he played PW, I jumped at the chance to play with him... ...Until I found out that I couldn't transfer my character, and would have to start from scratch... And then I heard all this, and my heart fell. :/ Geez, Americans can be lazy...
  • kinetikop
    edited September 2008
    The challenge is getting to the max level, 105 takes something like a year and a half of time spent ingame. There is quite a challenge at higher levels, and the game gets more enjoyable the further you get in it, from my personal experience that is. BTW You're calling me lazy and you're the one complaning about having to level up again to a level which is easily attained in a matter of hours on any version, just because it took you a long time doesn't mean it isn't very possible on the same exp scale to get that level in a matter of hours. Simply follow the quests and you will see level 30 is quite quickly attained.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    The Malaysian client is licensed FROM Perfect World Beijing (China), which owns Perfect World Inc. (US), which owns PWI.

Different servers, different companies.

Not to brag, but the game has a better Chinese to English translation, and better support then other versions thus far.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
This discussion has been closed.