Thoughts from people that play(ed) Rappelz and PerfectWorld MY

warcreed
warcreed Posts: 3 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Off-Topic Discussion
I have put a ton of time into Rappelz. It was my first and only MMORPG ever. I am feeling a bit grinded out if ya know what i mean.

I am looking for opinions from people who have played both, pros and cons.
Post edited by warcreed on

Comments

• neurosis
    neurosis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm actually in the same boat as you. I put a lot of time and effort into Rappelz, but I think it's time I find another game when I'm bored of Rappelz (which happens quite often now, even with epic 5 release).

Salamander FTW!
  • zarexiz
    zarexiz Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i played rappelz till lvl 30 cuz i got bored, and the graphics were kinda crappy :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snaptrap
    snaptrap Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, Rappelz had some very choppy visuals, even for a free game. It's relatively plain by comparison to PW in terms of content, graphics, and design.
  • wolfy142
    wolfy142 Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    played rappelz and uninstalled it after 1 minute of gameplay [feels like mario :D]
  • perill
    perill Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    From a person who played both this game is much better.
  • mafanwy
    mafanwy Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Rappelz is OK but too much lag and disconnects and was too much of a grind with no where near enough diverse quests just the same mobs over an over on a quest rom the quest guy

The other game i play is Sword of the New World with some neat ideas like controling 3 chars at once . but that means no one hardly ever grouped as you had a mage warrior and healer all of your own .
  • ina1166
    ina1166 Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    PW MY was really good at first, then about a month ago...this lag came... Every day, at the same time.

1 PM - 8:30PM, lag free.

8:31PM - 12PM, **** OMG 10 SECOND DELAY! *DCs*
    *attempts to log back in, phails, facedesk*
    10 minutes later
    *logs back in*

Game: You were killed by "Shallow Whirtortlen*
    *another 10 minutes of swearing*
    .............................................Back to nearest town.
    *log off, close game, go outside*

MY = phail
    88 FIRE! An "anti-tank" projectile, accompanied by an AC-130 are on their way to ensure insanity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shizo
    shizo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Just worse internet connection or worse comp, cuz MY werent that bad.

It's true heavy lag, but that came like 8 months after the Game release, before it was just a joke compared to now.

It's not the Lag itself,which made me play PWI, it's the Management in MY which fails very bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Shizo - Blademaster 9x - Conqueror

Quitted trolling the forums. PM me ingame, if want something

Sig by Sev.
  • piebandit
    piebandit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I didnt really like PW MY so much cuz of the lag, but the biggest problem was the lack of chatter, everyone just kinda quietly went about there business.

on PW I everyones talking and no I dont seem so alone now yay :D
  • f4ding
    f4ding Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    PW-MY was a huge failure i wasted alot of time on that game for **** customer support and major lag now the game used to run perfectly no lag i was amazed then they started that **** with testing out theyre servers and modifying them and i walk ten feet then freeze walk ten feet then freeze F that i will play PWI
  • eonstar
    eonstar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Rappelz was my fourth MMORPG, my first Ferentus, was closed misteriously 4 months later when I began; I really loved this game. Then I played Knight Online, Silkroad Online, and Hero Online; all except Silkroad I didnt like at all. Later I joined Rappelz, I instantly loved it. I loved the music, races/classes/skills, and pretty much all of it. The grapics were much better than my previous games. After playing about 6 months I got bored with it becuase of the repetitive gameplay being mostly Dunegon Parties and the same old quests. I joined Last Chaos yet I found it ok but not my style. Then I went to Rappelz again, I missed the community which is pretty good. Yet I got bored again, after level 50 leveling gets slow and its the same thing. I joined Rohan, although the game itself was good I didnt like the 1 class per race, skills, and character customization was horrible. Also the community was pretty bad, people barely taked and just were barking at each other. Then I decided to check Perfect World-Malaysia, a game that I almost joined before playing Last Chaos, but sadly didnt. I joined a week before Closed Beta. Strangely I miss Rappelz, and probably will decide in the near future which to play, or both. By playing Closed Beta I have concluded:

Rappelz good things:

1. Good skills and races that I have found to be balanced.
    2. Good music stlyle in my preference.
    3. Good comunity, I observed that people were constantly making jokes and talking to each other in the World Chat.
    4. Good pet system, the pets were pretty useful.
    5. It was easy to make a Guild; you could make one for yourself, a few friends, or a giant group. Also you could put in any picture you wanted.

Rappelz bad things:

1. Lacking in graphics compared to other games, yet still acceptable. I got quite a large ammount of lag in towns when many players were in them.
    2. A big division between people who bought from cash shop and those who didnt. This established kinda of a high class/ low class thing because it was almost necesary to have Stamina Savers from the cash shop to level quicky in the game. These items were also very expensive to new players who are low on Ruppes (game currency).
    3. Repetitive gameplay, the same line in the Global Chat "LFDP lvl 56 Kahuna" (Looking For Dungeon Party level 56 Kahuna- a character class). The quests were pretty repetitive and the rewards were not sufficient for rapid leveling. Rappelz is constantly grinding in dungeons with parties.
    4. There were several pets, the really good ones were astronomically high in prices; adding to the division of players between high/low levels.
    5. There have been several events going on yet these events are disperse and sometimes for months it can go without an event.
    6. There is a huge lack of armors, armors are rated in Ranks I to VI. Practically you have to level 20 levels to get a new armor/weapon, in the interim the look gets boring.

Perfect World good things (from what I have seen in Closed Beta):

1. The community is good, people are friendly and talk a lot. Player to player interaction is also good, you can get married, carry people and others.
    2. There is an abundance of weapons/ armor. Almost every 5 levels you get a new look.
    3. Character customization is amazing, I have made an exact virtual clone of myself in the game. You can go crazy and make a demented clown or make you character like a supermodel.
    4. Diferent gameplay style, flying and swimming in the game has opened a new field of pve and pvp stlye, not to mention more fun to explorers like me! You have aereal combat or land battles. Quests require all of these to be used.
    5. Quests are very nice, they give a very good reward and I leveld from 1-30 in Elf Priest Class and Wizard by mostly doing quests.
    6. Character classes are very good and well balaced, each offeing a new dimension of the game.
    7. The graphics are very good, even in the highest possible setting I get just the minimum of lag, if not any.
    8. The Cash Shop items seem like a supplement to the gameplay and not a necessarily priority in the game, unlike Rappelz wich you needed the items to truly excel. In Perfect World many Cash Shop items are purely esthetical.

Perfect World Bad list:

1. I've had troubble loging in quite a few times, sometimes I cant conect to the server and have to disconect from the Internet and go back again for it so succed.
    2. The leveling curve is not bad at all but I prefer the curve of Rappelz.
    3. I also dont like having 2 specific clases per race, yet that is just my personal oppinion. I liked Silkroad in this sense, there was no division, you could make a Wizard/Cleric or Archer/ Swordsman or even Bard/Cleric/Wizard ect.
    4. And last, Perfect World monsters in the field are pretty disperse and low in numbers in my oppinion; this could lead to future conflict with lots of players and few monsters.

In conclusion, I have found Perfect World to be a better game than Rappelz because of the points mentioned above.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I give you my love, for all else I have already given away...
  • eonstar
    eonstar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Oh my, I worte a lot!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I give you my love, for all else I have already given away...
  • satanos123
    satanos123 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I was on Rappelz too....it was fun.....hated getting PK by people of a level so high that I coudn't even land a hit, the quest were really boring after a while.....the graphics were ok but not as good as this game......I love the collecting material stuff here.....and......the lag! way less lag in PW than in rappelz. Oh and I just hated having to look for half an hour to find a perticular monster in a small area..and that darn stamina affecting the experienc growth...grrrrrr.
  • dewie
    dewie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    i think this is better, the camera is more fun, less irritable grindin, better quests, flying mounts, cooler armors at lower levels.
    a little downside is lower graphics and less classes
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I hate locking topics when I can't link to the rules (not sure where they disappeared to) but one of them clearly stated "No discussion of other games." Sorry...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.