KS problem solved ^-^

Options
darknin
darknin Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Suggestion Box
Ok, so with like 500 million (exxagerates by a bit;)) people playing OB it is near-impossible to kill monsters for hunting quests when you have noobs coming up and killing them with you T.T this is extremely annoying if its the same noob or happening over and over and over and over and OVER AND OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So to solve that I suggest making an Anti-KS system where the person that hits first is the only one that does damage to it, so that way when other people aka noobs come along and decide to attack the monster your hacking away at it doesnt affect the battle at all and you get all the exp, money, drops etc.:D please i love this in games and it is really helpful. Oh and in parties it wont matter because they can help you kill (hence party:p) Please consider this. Kthxbye
Post edited by darknin on

Comments

• c453m4573r
    c453m4573r Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    You know, I actually found places where there were the same mob, but barely crowded.. Anyway, the best way to solve the killstealing problem, is to party, I think. For quests, that is.
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Seriously, it's annoying how many people whine about ksing without even trying to party you... they'd get the quest done 2-3x faster in a party, even faster yet if its a full party
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • adrian
    adrian Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    darknin wrote: »
    So to solve that I suggest making an Anti-KS system where the person that hits first is the only one that does damage to it (...)

That'd make bosses fights and some other fb fights a funny entertainment to watch :D
  • melala
    melala Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    whats about the slower casting classes? like wizard.
    there are classes who hit way faster a mob, how should wizards lvl than? go melee? lol ...
  • mardukprophet
    mardukprophet Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Is this thread serious?

Dogs eat each other in the wilderness. The current "anti-KS" system is - whoever deals the most damage gets the goods. If someone is "KS'ing" you, then they're likely more powerful than you and, quite frankly, there's nothing you can do about it. They would be able to find around whatever system is in place regardless (for "first attacker gets to kill mob", one could easily AoE large groups, for example). The more you tighten the grip, the more people find sneakier ways to slip through the cracks.
    darthpanda16:
    I will start deleting posts that are just posts to post in the Tech Support forums.
  • zoefox
    zoefox Posts: 225
    edited September 2008
    Options
    In another game I play, as long as you have a lock on a target, no other player can damage it unless they are in a party with you. If you aoe, the only monster you have the rights to is the one you have targeted. The rest are fair game for everyone else to take. Works out well.
  • bael
    bael Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Kill them at 30.. easily fixed
    Crown the Wise, Harness the Talented, and Cherish the Lucky......
    The Dragon Lofwyr.