Activation Email?

raveneye
raveneye Posts: 15 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Support Desk
How long is it supposed to take to get the activation email? My friend wants to play and has been waiting all day for his email. He check his junk folder it hasn't gone there either. Please respond. He is getting very frustrated from waiting all day.
Post edited by raveneye on

Comments

• oo7
    oo7 Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    try reregistering
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I will be your angel
    Protecting you from heaven
  • raveneye
    edited September 2008
    Duh, he did that. Before you can log in it says you have to get an activation email to verify your email address and he hasn't received that yet.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Comcast and aol (and all their addresses) aren't friendly to our emails. So that might be the reason. Sometimes they block, some times they don't.

Try a gmail or yahoo email account maybe? :D
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • raveneye
    edited September 2008
    Thanks!! I'll tell him to try that.
  • suicidegirl
    suicidegirl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    tell him to make a gmail acct.. When I first registered for the game. It took only a few seconds for my activation to be sent to me :>
  • raveneye
    edited September 2008
    Thanks Admin!! That was apparently the problem. Both his Comcast email and AOL email didn't work but as soon as he used his one at work.. boom.. instant verification email. Sugguestion, you might want to post that on the "join free" screen just to warn people. Thanks again.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    The teams over that have been trying to get that taken care of with the respective companies.

These things take time, unfortunately. I'll ask if they'll put something in there about that.

Update: they should be updating the registration to mention the Comcast and AOL issues.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
This discussion has been closed.