alt+tab problems

figgy
figgy Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Support Desk
Okay...so here's the deal...I whenever I alt+tab out of the game, open a browser window...whatever reason, whenever I return to the game, my mouse fails to return to the game with me...and whenever I try to click a mob or anything, it simply minimizes the game again.

any ideas?
Post edited by figgy on

Comments

• krisburns
    krisburns Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    same problem here except i accidently pressed the start button and yeah... had to restart the game to get back into it otherwise it would just take me back to desktop.
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Copied and pasted from another thread I responded to earlier today:

Do you have East Asian Language packs installed?

Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Languages Tab > Install Files for East Asian Languages (may require Windows disk).

If that still happens, then I can only recommend running in Window mode. Many games have this issue, suspect it's more likely a DirectX issue in that case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Search. The. Forums. Before. Posting. Please.

Thanks! :D
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • covey
    covey Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I have had that issue as well. my solution have been to run in windowed mode. But that only allows you to run in smaller screen size than your destop... But it does allow you to stretch the window so you still get a full sized screen... hope this helps.
  • deathomen
    deathomen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ryuuzaki wrote: »
    Copied and pasted from another thread I responded to earlier today:

Do you have East Asian Language packs installed?

Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Languages Tab > Install Files for East Asian Languages (may require Windows disk).

If that still happens, then I can only recommend running in Window mode. Many games have this issue, suspect it's more likely a DirectX issue in that case.

this solution did not fix the issue. Im not sure about you, but i dont play many game that have this problem, it seems to be only PW :(

~death~
  • ravenholm
    ravenholm Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Surely PW has a lot of little annoying problems...
  • oo7
    oo7 Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I set my unicode to Japanese , it might be part of the possible solution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I will be your angel
    Protecting you from heaven
  • deathomen
    deathomen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    After several more restarts of my computer due to installing various other programs, it finally started working with the solution posted above...it seems my machine just took a bit longer for it to kick in then it should have :)

thanks guys!

~death~
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Glad it worked for you! :D
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
This discussion has been closed.