Big Problem With Mats

terrabyte
terrabyte Posts: 71 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
Why when i collect mats i can arrive at the mat first but someone else comes up after me and they get it. I would really like some help with this as it is the reason i left MY i love this game but am tired of getting screwed over when i clearly got there first
Post edited by terrabyte on

Comments

• carion
    carion Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    1st come 1st serve
  • terrabyte
    edited September 2008
    You missed the point i was there first

this happened im EN-MY as well

i assumed it was lag due to the fact that im in canada

why does it happen here as well

my character stops in front of the mat and there is a pause before he starts to collect

however other people run over and bend down right away

even if i reach the mat before them they come up after me and they get it

why does this happen and how can i fix this problem

this is the reason i left EN-MY
  • harshva
    harshva Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I guess that might be game issue rather than server issue? And yeah the character does take a pause before collecting any materials even mine does.
    Harsh
  • midnyte
    midnyte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    What I have learned from playing on MY and now here is that it doesn't matter who gets there first.

The game declares whomever clicked on the resource first once they were within range the winner. I have both won and lost out on mats in some of the higher harvested areas (around Camp Sumor for example) as people race to get to the mats. As soon as I see that flashing axe icon, I click and let my character auto run to it.

If I don't, someone else has the chance to target it right away from a distance. It works the same way with quest chests (First Try of Jump, for example).

And please people, you don't need to double click quest chests! A single click is sufficient. Double clicking just makes you "re-open" the chest, with no further item gained, but a lot of frustrated waiting people standing around you...lol.

Hope this explanation helps understand it some.
  • lyrielcrossfield
    lyrielcrossfield Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    midnyte wrote: »

And please people, you don't need to double click quest chests! A single click is sufficient. Double clicking just makes you "re-open" the chest, with no further item gained, but a lot of frustrated waiting people standing around you...lol.

Server lag sometimes requires double clicking, However there's a nifty little trick should you start opening the chest again: The Escape Key. Cancels spells and actions too. No harm done if that "re-open" doesn't go past 3%.
  • midnyte
    midnyte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    lyrielcrossfield,

That tip should be stickied somewhere, or maybe they should flash it as a "helpful tip of the day" during a loading screen or something! I have used it to cancel an accidental town teleport, but never thought about it when double digging!

Thanks for the tip!
  • terrabyte
    edited September 2008
    ok thank you for the replies ill try the distance thing and see how it works:D
  • lyrielcrossfield
    lyrielcrossfield Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    midnyte wrote: »
    lyrielcrossfield,

That tip should be stickied somewhere, or maybe they should flash it as a "helpful tip of the day" during a loading screen or something! I have used it to cancel an accidental town teleport, but never thought about it when double digging!

Thanks for the tip!

You're welcome. XD I found that out cause in PW-My the lag there pretty much required me to double tap every action. XP So after a while that double % bar got annoying so I figured I'd try Escape, lo and behold it worked. :3
  • devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    GM's also note that you have two different drops and they are both named Element Dust
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • terrabyte
    edited September 2008
    lol the elemental dusts i found in beta but never got fixed
  • AltiNecrosis - Sanctuary
    AltiNecrosis - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    This is just me but if I see someone else after the same stuff I am and a lower level I usually step back and let them have it and go find another. If someone is collecting as I am, I will try to get one and when another appears right after it I will let the other person get it.
    Like I said that is just me. I believe in common courtesy ans sharing because they will re spawn eventually.