Discussion Thread: Zen, Gold, Cash Shop pricing

Comments

• ruve
    ruve Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    zoefox wrote: »
    I think the extention stone prices are just fine as they are since they are perm anyway and help forever. Consumables however, should be quite low in price considering how often they will be used. Everyone will buy them all the time so a low price will only make them buy even more.

I agree with ya!
    IGN ~ Ruve ~ 2x Wizard
    Server ~ Lost City
    420ifur
  • irbis
    irbis Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    It would cost me $63 to get married in the game! In real life its only $50 to pay a magistrate to marry you where I live. That means it is more exspensive to get married on a game then it is to get married in real life..
    ROTFL bullseye
    There exist only three beings worthy of respect:
    the priest, the soldier, the poet.
    To know, to kill, to create.
    -severan
  • ranthe
    ranthe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    The Marriage thing is insane i agree. The price of the marriage packages needs to by cut to at least $10. With the prices right now PWE is basically saying they don't want anyone to get married in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vanor
    vanor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    From everything I've seen the prices either need to be cut , or the amount of gold per $ needs to be increased.

Just cutting the price of consumables doesn't seem like a good idea to me. I was planing on spending at least $10 to get some inventory and pet bag extenders, and then perhaps have a little left over for some other stuff down the road.

But if it's going to cost me most of that $10 to just get those few things I don't see much reason to bother spending any money here at all.
  • irbis
    irbis Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ranthe wrote: »
    The Marriage thing is insane i agree. The price of the marriage packages needs to by cut to at least $10. With the prices right now PWE is basically saying they don't want anyone to get married in game.

i am starting to feel like a peasant in dark ages unable to afford anything of my desires
    honestly? CS is literaly as good as complate closed now. with this prices it just doesnt exist in my plane.
    btw i forgoted to add one thing to my list above:
    X: INCREDIBLE hard times when trying to START the game for the first time (patcher issue.)
    in CB ive wasted a whole day trying to fix the game (rotfl yeah say it laud and check how funny it sounds "Player fixing the game which he want to play")
    in OB this took me 5h (yay me...? now thats what i call improvement! rotfl!. after all this problems i really though that CS will be checp as a reinbursment for all this mess. but no...
    There exist only three beings worthy of respect:
    the priest, the soldier, the poet.
    To know, to kill, to create.
    -severan
  • kick123
    kick123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Lets be honest here, i know GMs aren't dumb. Do you honestly think that peopel are gonna pay $10 for a virtual shirt? $20 for a wingspan topand bottom?
  • mojin
    mojin Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Although posted previously i feel the need to post this again in a different manor. Instead of lowering prices, increase how much zen you get per dollar. 300 zen for $1 would mean that $50 gets you 150 gold to spend in the cash shop. I believe this change, (tripling the current rate to 300:$1 instead of 100:$1), should balance out a lot of issues and make the costs of at least the zen similar to the MY version.
  • kinetikop
    kinetikop Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    mojin wrote: »
    Although posted previously i feel the need to post this again in a different manor. Instead of lowering prices, increase how much zen you get per dollar. 300 zen for $1 would mean that $50 gets you 150 gold to spend in the cash shop. I believe this change, (tripling the current rate to 300:$1 instead of 100:$1), should balance out a lot of issues and make the costs of at least the zen similar to the MY version.

Exactially what everyone was asking for before OB was even released, and still what we all want. Don't know why they don't just listen... *sigh* oh well =\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rev
    rev Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    holy cow, when I went to sleep last night the "petition" was at 24 signitures, now it's at 78, incredible how fast it jumped, putting the link here too :P
    http://www.petitiononline.com/g345a165/petition.html
    "Either you die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Harvey Dent - The Dark Knight

Phase 1 Dungeon Design Contest Winner!
    Entry: Hall of Forsaken Souls, Twas fun to design.
  • lyrielcrossfield
    lyrielcrossfield Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I guess I'll have to re-post here. Lemme summarize my feelings for you about the cash shop.

If I wanted the best clothing (which offers 0 in game advantage like Heiros and so forth), I would have to pay $25 + the cost of random dyes which is roughly another $5-10 depending on luck with dyes. So,...

Stuff I want from CS with 0 in-game advantage: $30-35

Cost of playing WoW for 60 days with full service and no CS: $20

Cost of gas to go see my fiance for a day: $35

Take a guess where my money is going in the long term if you don't lower prices?
  • user666x
    user666x Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ehhh,
    i'd spend time with fiance no matter what zen price would be,
    but since i dont have fiance i'd like to see a zen price reduction.

for the ones that want to know about MY-EN u can get from offgamers 150m for 83$.
    cubi is 340k each.so calculating leaves 441cubis at price of 83$.why spend 83$ for 83zen(aka cubis) on a game
    while you can go to another one(same game) and get 441zen(cubis) for the same price?

cubi=zen as noted before

sorry if i messed up in maths=x

about 2m when writing this x.x

not american.do not blame me for my bad english o.o
  • thatsme
    thatsme Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    zeusa wrote: »
    I am an experienced player from PW MY, and Canadian, and was looking forward to PWI. My girlfriend had already d/l'ed the client and is already on PWI, she told me about the prices for zen, and I wont even bother downloading PWI onto my computer. Unless the prices are similar to PW MY where it's affordable and comeptitive, there is no point. We will spend our money where we can actually get more than 2 things for $20. My g/f and I over the months we have been playing PW-MY have spent $2000 or more dollars on cubi and gold for the game, a lot more then some people and other spend more than us, but if prices do not come down, PWI wont get much from anyone. We were both looking forward to no lag, especially since my gf plays casters, the IP ban was also a big persuader for the both of us as well. BUt we rather deal with PW MY then lose the enjoyment of being able to afford the fringes in PWI.
    I agree. I'm also an experienced player from PW MY, and personally unless the prices on PWI are basically inline with what I was playing on PW MY, I won't spend any money. Why would I spend $60 to get married in PWI, where it was only half that ($30, which is still A LOT) in PW MY?
    It looks like PWI is pricing things DOUBLE what they were in PW MY. I spent $100 at least, in PW MY, in the course of 2 months.
    PWI needs to adjust the prices. An item mall is one thing and I have nothing against it. But these prices are really out of line for an MMO.
  • raven
    raven Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    for make a equip+12 need 4655 grade 1 draco stones ...1 grade 1 draco stone(cash item) cost 50 cent so 1 single +12 equipment in this game cost 2327 dollars for make full set +12 need 23270 dollars(not a joke)

any GM think 1 normal person for have full set with maximum stats would spend 23000 dollars????

cash shop item price in this game is way too much high....i'm sorry to say this but if it doesnt change people will move on europe server(they saying prices will be 1/3 of american server)....this company cant get greedy selling virtual item it would be final move for failure.

if 2 seller sell same product but with different price i buy cheaper...malaysia server cash item cost 1/2 of this server..europe pw will have price 1/3 of this server...need to change fast....

Also pointless to be greedy... virtual item cost nothing at company if you decrease price after increase demand so your company gain more money it is a simple rule of market...
  • kaeyo
    kaeyo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    im not very into the "zen" in this game , cuz i havent start playing it yet

anyway
    from what i hear players wont like the Zen cost unless u make it the same as PW MY or near it
    so for ur sake and sake of all of us this must change soon.
    some things i would like to point out :
    -if u lower the prices
    1)the guys "behind" PWI will win more money,
    2)more players will come play beause the prices are now competitive
    3)more players, more income
    4)dont make it too low or you will brake the game
    5)dont add stupid items in cash shop that will give a major advantage to ppl that can buy zen
    6)noone likes to start playing a game thats going to die tomorrow( i want to play lol gonna start tomorrow)
    and
    7) this only causes problems for some games but, dont make cash shop items non-tradeble, it somehow brings bad player behaviors lol
    why not they ask...
    is cool they say...
    damn internetz
  • smasher
    smasher Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    STUPID QUESTION...

Whats teh current rate of zen to gold?

so if i would buy $20 which is 2000 zen how much gold would i get?

Thanks.

P.S. Sorry for teh nooby question...
  • kinetikop
    edited September 2008
    smasher wrote: »
    STUPID QUESTION...

Whats teh current rate of zen to gold?

so if i would buy $20 which is 2000 zen how much gold would i get?

Thanks.

P.S. Sorry for teh nooby question...

You would get 20 gold.
    100 Zen = 1 gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drow
    drow Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Thank you dvorak for putting everything altogether in one thread.

Lets all hope that our voices be heard and not completely shutdown.
  • bonghit
    bonghit Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    sheezus wut is the big deal? this game is designed for free play right? i'm not sweatin the cost of cashshop items because i really dont see the need to get da uber buffs from day 1. so far i've been playing this game honestly meaning i haven't spent jack. Got up to level 14 real EZ and didn't even feel the urge to bite down on the temptation nuggets known as hieros. anywayz i aint sweating it. like i said i wasnt expecting equal prices with MY anywayz. its like asking why a burrito sells for 6 bucks in chicago when it goes for 25cents in mexico.

[peace yawl]
  • kaeyo
    kaeyo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    yea i dont pay for f2p games...but many other players do bite that nuggets u know...and without them the game wont run...cuz its them who give donations
    why not they ask...
    is cool they say...
    damn internetz
  • smasher
    smasher Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    kinetikop wrote: »
    You would get 20 gold.
    100 Zen = 1 gold.

Thanks, Ok NOOB OUT!!!
  • catica
    catica Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    bonghit wrote: »
    sheezus wut is the big deal? this game is designed for free play right? i'm not sweatin the cost of cashshop items because i really dont see the need to get da uber buffs from day 1. so far i've been playing this game honestly meaning i haven't spent jack. Got up to level 14 real EZ and didn't even feel the urge to bite down on the temptation nuggets known as hieros. anywayz i aint sweating it. like i said i wasnt expecting equal prices with MY anywayz. its like asking why a burrito sells for 6 bucks in chicago when it goes for 25cents in mexico.

[peace yawl]

Serious question, whats the highest lvl alt you have had on any version of PW and what class?

Cause yeah getting to lvl 14 without cash shop items is no big deal.. Get to lvl 60 and try zhenning without a heiro.. Try getting to lvl 40 on a cleric + and keep a tank healed without a heiro..

The cash shop items in this game dont give uber buffs- dont know what game your thinking of but its not PW. Once you get into playing the game and get to higher lvl you will probably understand the deal better.

Other items in the cash shop its just the principle of thing as I point out before its $63 to get married in game, its only $50 to get married in real life.. Cash shop prices like that are just crazy and ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    bonghit wrote: »

[peace yawl]

14 is nothing. You will not make it past 50 without a heirogram.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • zoefox
    zoefox Posts: 225
    edited September 2008
    mystic wrote: »
    14 is nothing. You will not make it past 50 without a heirogram.

I played a venomancer and had to replace a silver hierogram before I hit 40. Was doing some crazy stuff though and got hit by agros all the time. Either way, hp charms are useful as heck and I can't very well see myself getting too far without them. MP as well.
  • mrwarlock
    mrwarlock Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I tend to agree with most the other posts here every day items like world chats ext need to be priced for what they are, as it stands i don't think i'll be spending much if any cash for game items.
    But with a lowering and price change on most coming items day use things i would not mind. Most every thing i can play with out but there is some time saving things that i would buy if they were of a better price lowing ZEN prices or getting more for your ZEN would be great.
  • nordia
    nordia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    it is without a doubt that the over all prices in the item shop r way too high...(it's almost like "y don't u go rob a bank instead....!?) it would really be awesome if the prices r reduced by a decent amount.
    and plz for god sake,just show 50$=50 gold in the item shop on ur charge web page....i mean "zen"!? comon......u show it in $ to zen becoz u know damn well that it's insane for 1$ real money = 1 gold in game item shop currency!
  • xauss
    xauss Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kinetikop
    edited September 2008
    xauss that is great and all, but for those of us who haven't taken extensive marketing classes, care to explain how you know the correct ratios to make the angle of the line and % difference between the current and optimal zen prices?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xauss
    xauss Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    kinetikop wrote: »
    xauss that is great and all, but for those of us who haven't taken extensive marketing classes, care to explain how you know the correct ratios to make the angle of the line and % difference between the current and optimal zen prices?

nope... no values are known (except current Zen price)... the value of which is relative to what can be purchased with it, which are also subject to change
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'm going to act like a Sith Panda here.

Good customer service, based IN the US, cost money.

Dedicated servers IN the US, cost money.

The US dollar is no longer a strong currency on the world market. Compare at www.xe.com.

Having a dedicated staff that ARE gamers, IN the US, attending to and working on PWE's games, cost money.

Advertising in the US, and globally costs money.

Fighting bots, hackers, scammers, fraud, etc; costs a lot of money and resources to try and keep our players from feeling the negative effects thereof.

So the prices may be high to some of you, but I think after a few weeks or so, after they have more numbers and feedback to deal with, that some changes might occur.

You can totally enjoy the game without cash shop items, it just takes more time and effort. :D
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • tidustwin
    tidustwin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Yes, please reduce the prices :(
This discussion has been closed.