really slow downloading times

nolander
nolander Posts: 9 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Support Desk
Hello im new to the game and i would like to try it out but when i try to dl the game its taking 2+ hours and its not going down. So are there any ports i need to open and if so which ports? or is this something other then ports?
Post edited by nolander on

Comments

• rikky
    rikky Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    yea i understand man, i'm having the same problem and it seems no one is addressing it.
  • shortie
    shortie Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Me too...takes 3 hrs, then there is no start menu for it, no anything to even access the game lol when i try to open it , it goes right back to "do you wish to install this?" page....haha
  • myenergy
    myenergy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    nolander wrote: »
    Hello im new to the game and i would like to try it out but when i try to dl the game its taking 2+ hours and its not going down. So are there any ports i need to open and if so which ports? or is this something other then ports?

I left it all night downloading and only managed to download half of it. You have to press pause and resume when ever it stops so it downloads at the time it says ;) What could you do? lol i know you have to have seven eyes on it :S but it is worth it.
  • ziporae
    ziporae Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Yeah! I downloaded this free program called uTorrent and the times went by soo much faster. It does take a while, but it's easy to wait it through if you just do other things while it's downloading or leave it on while you sleep (that's what I did). Before when I was doing it I got insane times like "58,357 hours left" that's when I KNEW something just wasn't right. The downloading process should improve over time. I'm having problems currently, but I think after I fix this it should be pretty easy from there. It's just taking ages to download the updates and it doesn't go past elements.data for one reason or another. Best of luck to everyone out there!
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    It is a huge file... 2.5 gb will take a few hours on most connections. Some sites work better than others, depending on the integrity of your connection to their servers. Torrents can also be much faster for some people. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rikky
    rikky Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    my times are like...30,000 hours.
This discussion has been closed.