Calling all fellow mature players!

amp
amp Posts: 3 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Hi boys and girls-- I'm a 32 year old that enjoys this MMO more than Age of Conan.

But i have one slight dilemma: everyone here seems about 10-15 years old.
This is understandable, since kids would rather download and play a free MMO than hassle their parents for a subscription game.

If there are more 21+ individuals playing, post here and we can put together an adult guild.
Or better yet: If a guild like this already exists, can someone point me in the right direction?
Post edited by amp on

Comments

• harshva
    harshva Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'm 25 yr old who just switching to PW from World of Warcraft. I don't think there would be enough individuals more than 21+ here :(
    Harsh
  • skar
    skar Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'm 33. My advice is to blanket ignore anyone speaking in world chat, then you'll find the more mature people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dagny
    dagny Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    amp wrote: »
    Hi boys and girls-- I'm a 32 year old that enjoys this MMO more than Age of Conan.

But i have one slight dilemma: everyone here seems about 10-15 years old.
    This is understandable, since kids would rather download and play a free MMO than hassle their parents for a subscription game.

If there are more 21+ individuals playing, post here and we can put together an adult guild.
    Or better yet: If a guild like this already exists, can someone point me in the right direction?

22 y/o female refugee from Age fo Conan.. played on Derketo
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Count me in. I'm thirty and would join, if nothing else for the potential of proper English and lack of n00b. We could call ourselves the Codgers.
  • witcher
    witcher Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    24yrs here
    Lost City Server

Side Note: Anyknow know what it costs to make a guild in OB?:confused:
    Lead me not into temptation... I can find that myself
  • vanor
    vanor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'll be 39 in a few days and wouldn't mind being part of a guild that isn't filled with people the age my kids...

I play on the PvE server btw.
  • harshva
    edited September 2008
    I maybe wrong hmm, We can definately make a guild of our own if we get few more players.

PS: Can everyone say on which server they are currently playing? I'm on Heavens Tear ( though I have a character on PVP too)
    Harsh
  • killu
    killu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I would be willing to join a guild like this, I am 22.
    Lost City -
    Class: Barbarian
    Level: 1x
  • alley
    alley Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I am 41 and I have been playing this game on another server. There are plenty of people that will be over 18 on here. We are forming a guild with the guild leader being Jahara. The guild cost 200k to start up and we are working on raising money. If you would like to party sometime with us message me The_Pope or Jahara and we will be happy to help you and party with you. Both of us have high lvls on the other server so this game we know pretty well. We play on the PVE server since PKERS are all young kids that are archers that do nothing but attack you when you are finishing up your mob so this way they know they can PK you.
  • degoose
    degoose Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    im 26 and will be playing this soon ive heard a lot fo good things about this so ill post what server im on, or if you like someone can recommend me a server to join .
  • tinkus
    edited September 2008
    I'm most active on the PvE server.
  • harshva
    edited September 2008
    The problem here being that some of us are on PVE server and some from PVP. We would need two guilds on different server or some of us will have to sacrifice their characters :(
    Harsh
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I am 21 and married :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • astarael
    astarael Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    sikozu wrote: »
    I am 21 and married :D

same. looks like the both of us just about make the 'mature' group :P

though i would agree that older people are more mature in general, keep in mind that there are also plenty of people 30 or older who still seem to be immature. i came across a classic case of this on the forum of a game i used to play . . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    All my sigs are made in Paint, so if you don't like them, tough cookies.
  • elinette
    elinette Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'm over 21 and I'd be interested in joining that kind of guild. I'm playing on the PVE server right now. I was playing the Florensia open beta before and was unable to find any 'mature' players, so I defected to PW yesterday.
  • kinetikop
    kinetikop Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Also some of us younger players are fairly mature as well. I am only 18, soon to be 19, and consider myself to be more mature than most my age.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amp
    edited September 2008
    Well dang, there's a lot more of us than i thought!
    I already started characters on Lost City, but it sounds like Heaven's Tear is the more popular choice for us.
    When i get home from work tonight, i'll remake my characters on Heaven's Tear (hopefully names still available >.<) and post the in-game names here.

Cheers!
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    kinetikop wrote: »
    Also some of us younger players are fairly mature as well. I am only 18, soon to be 19, and consider myself to be more mature than most my age.

I agree with you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'm 27, and quite mature...

I still laugh at **** jokes though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    ryuuzaki wrote: »
    I'm 27, and quite mature...

I still laugh at **** jokes though.

:D:D:D lol so does my husband *sigh*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tinkus
    edited September 2008
    Let the man have his **** jokes now! For when he's old, he'll most likely be a **** joke.

Don't ask me what that means.
  • buny
    buny Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I am 24 and leader of Sinful on Heaven's Tear. My vice guild leader is 43 also most of our members are 24+. We only allow mature members. All immature members get kicked. Message me on Jaded or StarBrite. I would LOVE to have you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sinful Leader
  • anima
    anima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    If they are still in highschool, but skillful, and of course mature, I don't have any problems with them. I am old enough to rent a car ^^.
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • keg
    keg Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I am 41 y/o male and play on the PVE server.
  • amp
    edited September 2008
    Heya Buny, that's sounds exactly like what i had in mind!

**Points everyone else in this thread to Sinful on Heaven's Tear**

This will be easier than trying to start a new guild from scratch (been there, done that).
    I'll send you a shout when i get home from work, around 7pm central.
  • maximusgod
    maximusgod Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'm in PVP server and woulnt mind coming over to PVE but not sure if I'm going to play this PWI much longer. Zen so expensive over PWMY. I'm already high leveled on other PWMY server and only reason I wanted to switch to PWI was the TW schedules times were so odd. If Zen prices come down to something reasonable maybe I'll switch over and look for you guys/gals there.
  • direscythe
    direscythe Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    27, married, baby on the way! :P Guild would be at a disadvantage - gamers with jobs have no time to make the guild the best! PVE is our only option, me-thinks and I am not necessarily in it to win it but just to have fun in the evenings.

Peace outside!
  • slyde
    slyde Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Yup ...35 here

I also would be interested in forming a guild with a more mature base
  • shadowarc
    shadowarc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    astarael wrote: »
    though i would agree that older people are more mature in general, keep in mind that there are also plenty of people 30 or older who still seem to be immature. i came across a classic case of this on the forum of a game i used to play . . .

I've seen examples of that... it's pretty sad.

Anyways, a bit late, but as for the topic, 20 here. Nice to see there's a mature guild... though I'm not sure bout joining a guild so far.
  • catica
    catica Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    26 yr Female married mom here. I ONLY join and stay in mature guilds. Usually just lead my own but times more limited to play right now so not sure if ill be starting my own on this version or not.

IF you have a mature guild you can contact me ingame on Cat or Catica, usually Im on Cat or you can PM me here and let me know about your guild. I may be interested in trying it out.

I am currently on PVE server Heavens Tear in a guild Called TheEmpire. It was the first guild I saw advertising themselves as mature yesterday. So far it seems to be an okay guild, Most of the members seen to be over age 20 and I think the oldest was like 52. You may be interested in contacting its guild leaders which are Blazz and Blazeofglory to find out more information on it.

I am still keeping my eye open for other guilds. It is really important to me to find a guild that has similar likes/dislikes, policies, beliefs, etc as myself. And that really holds to its maturity stance.So if you think your guild would be a good fit like I said just get in contact with me.

I am already a mother, I take care of my child so my game time is limited. Typically I get to play while hes in school or sleeping.

I DONT play the game to babysit other peoples kids, I have my own thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]