1 hour delay

Options
roxy
roxy Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
Before anyone make gajillion threads about the delays... here you go.
6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
But to one person, you may be the world
Post edited by roxy on

Comments

• harshva
    harshva Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Booooooooo!!!
    Harsh
  • djtav0
    djtav0 Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    no need to make new threads.. its already stated in the sticky..

oh wait, u seems like a mod.. its ok then.
  • dayzd
    dayzd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I BLAME YOU ROXY. FIX IT AND LET US PLAY.

:mad:
  • tony02
    tony02 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    did i miss something out?

i aint been on the forum for an hour, so what delay?

EDIT: nm already 2 posts before mine which was fast so i no now, nm
  • wenh93
    wenh93 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    w8 so 3:00 pacifc time? cause its like 5:00 over est time so 6:00 it will be up?
  • borderliner
    borderliner Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    :eek: don't booooh or blame anyone :D.. it will happen as soon as they're ready.:D
  • harshva
    edited September 2008
    Options
    LOL relax guys, It's a complicated thing trying to setup servers and often is encountered with multiple delays. It's same for every game so not so surprised :) However I would love to see it up as soon as possible. Mods are working we just need to give them time to setup.

PS: I was kidding with the boooo reply :P
    Harsh
  • danubus37
    danubus37 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Intern tripped over some wires
  • warlordinpw
    warlordinpw Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    its ok roxy we're not mad ;)just tired of waiting lolz. shattered hope. its cool tho. Roxy check out this forum page, i replied to ya poll http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=22011&page=12
  • roxy
    roxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    It'll start on 6pm EST.
    6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world
  • harshva
    edited September 2008
    Options
    roxy wrote: »
    It'll start on 6pm EST.

Thank you :) and are you sure ? :p jk again
    Harsh
  • teesh
    teesh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up Roxy, and for all your hard work!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    No surprise. Those thinks seldom go as planned.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • harshva
    edited September 2008
    Options
    My PW is updating for some reason :D
    Harsh
  • anima
    anima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    It's ok, I am used to it... But the forum loads so slow now...
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ember
    ember Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    ah well, I'm verifying everyhting right now lol should take that amount of time going soooooooo sllllloooooowwwwwww
  • oo7
    oo7 Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I bet the GMs' little pet must have bitten the network cable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I will be your angel
    Protecting you from heaven
  • sigoh
    sigoh Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Roxy this isnt helping our relationship at all. first you move to pve and now this?

Sometimes i just don't know what to do with woman. but the love is still there <3 we could always go to counseling o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chaotic Oblivion~Fated Twilight~Eternal Sorrow~Corrupted Fidelity
  • zezix
    zezix Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Who else saw this coming? Typical Perfect World International company.

Some people actually have real lives, and made plans to start playing at TWO PM today. No, we did not make plans for an hour later.

So now I have seen this company give false information, change their minds, and add events WAY too late then expected.

Whats next? They take away the Closed Beta prizes because "too many people complained"

I would so not be suprised.

I for one am not mad, but I am sure alot of people made specific plans to start playing 25 minutes ago. Am I right?
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Quite frankly, I prefer to wait an hour more and have a server that is working perfectly, than to play on a rushed job that can go kaboom anytime.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • hanker
    hanker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    It's a game that these people put time into making. Stop all the complaining. It's not like you can't go out and do whatever you want. Just by the complaining going on in these forums of the 1 hour delay seems like people have no lives anyway. So for the people saying "we made plans to play at 2 not 3" shutup go **** or something. Let them do what they need to, so it wont be a messed up version that the whole damn game community complains about.
  • harshva
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Woah relax dude!! Setting up servers is not like switching computers ON and OFF, It is a complicated procedure (which i don't wanna explain here) and besides an hr delay is better than playing with whatever problems GM's are facing :eek:
    Harsh
  • warlordinpw
    warlordinpw Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    sigoh wrote: »
    Roxy this isnt helping our relationship at all. first you move to pve and now this?

Sometimes i just don't know what to do with woman. but the love is still there <3 we could always go to counseling o.o

lmao! this guy......:D
  • sigoh
    edited September 2008
    Options
    zezix wrote: »
    Who else saw this coming? Typical Perfect World International company.

Some people actually have real lives, and made plans to start playing at TWO PM today. No, we did not make plans for an hour later.

So now I have seen this company give false information, change their minds, and add events WAY too late then expected.

Whats next? They take away the Closed Beta prizes because "too many people complained"

I would so not be suprised.

I for one am not mad, but I am sure alot of people made specific plans to start playing 25 minutes ago. Am I right?

I was like waiting on the login page full of anticipation. 5 minutes in i decided to check the forums to see if anyone else was having problems. But I find it perfectly fine that they want to wait an hour to make sure everything is up to par.

and i dont blame them for announcing the prize late. it is a "prize" in that its not mandatory they give it and they can announce it whenever the hell they want.

I've yet to see the company lie, they've met obstacles and they improvised, like any smart reasonable company would.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reita
    reita Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I find this really unprofessional, but what can I do. I go to a technical high school where we have to dress professionally and give presentations and meet deadlines all the time. I had made plans to get home right away for this, but now I have to wait another hour. Not that it matters that the launch was delayed, but it's one of those, "wtf" moments. I honestly don't care about it being delayed too much, and this probably happens all the time, but when someone says something, you should be able to trust them. Yes, I have worked with servers and I know how complicated they are. And correct me if I am wrong, but all they are doing is translating the client/scripts/server-side data right? Probably on a different version from other nations, but you know. Shouldn't cause that many errors regardless...
  • barguy
    barguy Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    zezix wrote: »
    Some people actually have real lives

Yeah, but those people don't play MMOs so I don't see what the problem is.
  • irbis
    irbis Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Its all Roxy fault i tell you!
    lets impale her! <fuzzy thoughts ON>
    =3
    There exist only three beings worthy of respect:
    the priest, the soldier, the poet.
    To know, to kill, to create.
    -severan
  • sigoh
    edited September 2008
    Options
    harshva wrote: »
    Woah relax dude!! Setting up servers is not like switching computers ON and OFF, It is a complicated procedure (which i don't wanna explain here) and besides an hr delay is better than playing with whatever problems GM's are facing :eek:

:eek: TURNING ON A COMPUTER IS EASY FOR YOU?!?!?! It took me five days to figure out how to turn this thing on, and I'm scared to get off cuz i dont know where the off switch is O.o you must be a genious
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hanker
    hanker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    reita wrote: »
    I find this really unprofessional, but what can I do. I go to a technical high school where we have to dress professionally and give presentations and meet deadlines all the time. I had made plans to get home right away for this, but now I have to wait another hour. Not that it matters that the launch was delayed, but it's one of those, "wtf" moments. I honestly don't care about it being delayed too much, and this probably happens all the time, but when someone says something, you should be able to trust them. Yes, I have worked with servers and I know how complicated they are. And correct me if I am wrong, but all they are doing is translating the client right? Shouldn't cause that many errors regardless...

Translating and most likely adding things to the item mall probably more/different mobs. You said you worked with servers? What kind? Website? Lol, game servers are totally different from the others.
  • sigoh
    edited September 2008
    Options
    irbis wrote: »
    Its all Roxy fault i tell you!
    lets impale her! <fuzzy thoughts ON>
    =3

hey hey hey we might be having marital problems right now but no "impaling" my wife.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]