Sleep Spell in PvP

jamsan
jamsan Posts: 73 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Cleric
I'm just looking for a bit of clarification on this. Does the Cleric's sleep spell last its full duration when casted in pvp? Also, does the duration lessen if casted on a higher level target?

I've received very mixed answers to these questions so far and it seems quite an important detail.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Surprise Bear says: "Look for the prize with every surprise!"
Approximately 13% of all forum pages mention RQ, as confirmed by Google.
Post edited by jamsan on

Comments

• angelll
    angelll Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    no, it does not last the full duration. Only UP TO to max duration. At low levels, sleep skill is useless, but it's priceless later on once you've levelled it a bit. Casting sleep on an opponent gives you time to mdef/pdef debuff them, and cast your strongest attack skills to kill them quickly.

Just note that as soon as you hit your opponent with an offensive skill, the sleep is cancelled and they can attack you.
  • aramath
    aramath Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I would think Silence Seal would be preferable to Chromatic Seal in pvp, but I suppose there are uses for it. So long as someone doesn't break the sleep, you get to put someone out of combat for a while. The problem is, unless it is 1v1, one of their buddies can just whack them and wake them up.
    I are animaniac :D

mowerman69.deviantart.com
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    aramath wrote: »
    I would think Silence Seal would be preferable to Chromatic Seal in pvp, but I suppose there are uses for it. So long as someone doesn't break the sleep, you get to put someone out of combat for a while. The problem is, unless it is 1v1, one of their buddies can just whack them and wake them up.

If the buddies are in same squad, i think it wont happen that they leave squad to wake them up.

Silent seal in pvp is very valuable. It's problem is that after casting it u definately need to purify, since also maxed his duration is too short to hope to cast more than a single spell after than m.atk debuff will elapse. Obviously, the short duration itself makes it "weaker".

Chromatic gives obviously his best in 1v1, where permits you to make all your craps and slash the enemy when you wake it up. And its still very usefull in 2-3-more vs 1 cause it permits to "delete" an enemy from the battle for many precious seconds. Even great against nixed venos... Permitting you to make veno unoffensive while you **** the nix (and the best, is makeing also nix unoffensive by using genie skill like blood clot... or even silent seal + range spanking)...

btw

>____> b:surrender
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Lenyel, you should know better than to necro a thread over a year old D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Meh, so many ppl is necroing lately, i wanted to make a better one b:surrender dun ban me!
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Meh, so many ppl is necroing lately, i wanted to make a better one b:surrender dun ban me!

-Citizen's arrest.-

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Aren't clerics supposed to bring things back from the dead?

She's not Necroing a thread. She's Rezzin' a thread b:laugh
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    -Citizen's arrest.-

b:cute

b:surrender Andy Griffith!
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    How do you people even find these? o_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]