Question to Vet Clerics

phoenixheart
phoenixheart Posts: 15 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Cleric
I liked the thought of a very powerful dps cleric from one of the builds posted here. However, since there are no respecs...I was wondering if Healing cleric is needed in the end game or if a dps cleric is needed more? Im just worried that starting a cleric which I have always played will be able to level efficiently and have the groups to go full healing and buffing.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!
Post edited by phoenixheart on

Comments

• betch
    betch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Well, I always say that there's no going wrong with full int. You have the best healing, and the best damage of the class with that build.

It's just a matter of what you invest your skill points in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Sheik
    Class: Bard
    Guild: Immortals
  • tiny
    tiny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    The thing is, heals will always be needed. always. This remains true, and even more so for the higher levels, and as you start getting into aoe parties, heals are essential for the group's success. A DPS cleric won't be useless, per say, I guess they would act more as a mage, but keep in mind that your group members will expect you to heal if you are a cleric regardless the build. You'd just have to make it VERY clear that you DO NOT heal, and are more like a mage.

As for endgame, usually around 90+ you have enough points to get mostly all of your skills on the skill tree, so yes, you WILL be able to heal AND damage... as long as you haven't wasted sp on useless skills like Purehearted. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Good things come in small packages~<3
  • angelll
    angelll Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    (lvl 79 EP from MY-Delphi here)

Good support clerics are always in extremely high demand. So, in a party, you're almost always exclusively healing. An important thing to note is that a good nuker build IS a good healer build, as your heals are based off your magical attack. Just make sure maximize your main healing over time skill so you can keep a tank alive, and you're set to support in the early levels.

Something some healers forget is that they need to be able to survive boss AoEs or accidental aggro. So you do need to make sure you have enough hp to survive. A little extra hp will also help you to solo your own quests.
  • aramath
    aramath Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    angelll wrote: »
    (lvl 79 EP from MY-Delphi here)

Good support clerics are always in extremely high demand. So, in a party, you're almost always exclusively healing. An important thing to note is that a good nuker build IS a good healer build, as your heals are based off your magical attack. Just make sure maximize your main healing over time skill so you can keep a tank alive, and you're set to support in the early levels.

Something some healers forget is that they need to be able to survive boss AoEs or accidental aggro. So you do need to make sure you have enough hp to survive. A little extra hp will also help you to solo your own quests.

While technically correct, you can gimp your healing at lower levels, till you get enough spirit later on, if you do not spend your points wisely. IMO, don't waste spirit points on any of the non necessary skills.

1train skills
    Blessing of the Purehearted
    Plume Shield
    Elemental Seal
    Dimensional Seal
    Thunderball
    Revive
    Purify

You will be able to train these higher, later in your career, but if you start training them up past 1 at lower levels, you will gimp yourself somewhat around 30.
    I are animaniac :D

mowerman69.deviantart.com