Things that need fixing

Options
xansteel
xansteel Posts: 9 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Suggestion Box
OK this is a review of things that do need to be fix in the near future. I do realize that there is more important things that need fixed, like bugs and such, and some of this is visual in nature, but still needs to be worked in.

The Untamed.

1. Tails. I have seen wolves, tigers, pandas, bunnies, deer,etc etc without tails. They have tails so why are they not on them. Please put they're tails back on them.

2. Wereform. Ok this is a major issue for me. Why does a Panda anthro (aka human like form) wereform into a White Tiger. Why the species change? There's no need for the species change, please fix it so that whatever species the character is, it wereforms into the right one, like a panda anthro, into a panda bear.

3.Speed. Running in wereform should be somewhat faster then running in anthro form. Animals do run faster then humans do, this fact should carry over into this game. Not super fast but at least 1.5 to 2.0 times faster. Example If you run at 1 meters per second (now referred to as m/s) as a human, then in wereform you should be able to run be able to run at 1.5m/s to 2.0m/s. please fix this.

4. I'm also hoping that the different species isn't region based.

Winged Elves.

1. Flying. This should be faster, not slower then running. I have tested this with a number of people and found out the flying is indeed slower then running. This should be 1.5 to 2.0 times faster, then running, 9 times out of 10 I feel like I should be falling out of the sky. Please correct this.

2. Aerial to ground combat. OK this a big big BIG issue for me. This is also something unique to this class (Archers). If I'm flying and I attack a ground target, and it can't hit me I should be able to kill it. But no instead if it can't attack me, then it insta heals its life as if I'm in a Safe Zone. The only time a monster should heal itself is, if it has a spell to do so, and if I enter a Safe Zone. Not if it can't attack me. If this is something that can't be fixed, then at least make a skill that prevents the insta heal, and use some of that flying time to have Aerial to Ground combat.

Freeform

Ok this game is to linear, you can not freely explore, because if you go to a town that the game has not said you can go to yet in the story, you can not use the teleporter to go back to the last town you were in. I would like to use the teleporters in town that I visit instead of having to wait for the story to progress. That really is nothing more then Forced Story Progression.

Mining/Farming

I really don't have to much to say here except instead of having randomly placed ore deposits. Why not have ore caves/pits that we can mine at. I understand about the plant farming that's fine, but I think having ore caves/pits would add a bit to the freeform factor. Each city/town "Could" have its own ore cave/pit to give it a bit of diversity. This way we can get the materials we need sooner, instead of having to hunt them down. Would also help in getting coins/gold quicker if we run out. Have it like, you pick and spot, and mine there for as long as you need until you stop it. Also instead of limiting the type of ore and plants by level have it take longer, and earn more EXP for mining/farming it. This could also add to the diversity of weapons/armor could be made in each city/town.

Character Creation.
Skin Color.

Skin color is an issue I have. If I want to change the color of the skin, it only changes the face. Not the whole body. Skin color should effect the entire body all at once.

Species. Back to the Untamed.

If you can't change the sex of the species for that class then at least have both sexes for the two different classes. Mirror them, for example: Male Tiger Barbarian, Female Tiger Venomancer etc etc. During the beta I only had two species, Male tiger Barbarian, and Female Fox Venomancer nothing else.

I have not have the pleasure of playing with the human side of the game as of yet, but I will in open beta so expect an update.

Xan Steel

P.S. I take these issues seriously, so please unless you have something constructive to say, do not flame or attack this thread.
Post edited by xansteel on

Comments

• warlordinpw
    warlordinpw Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Yo bro, i think it's best if you post this message in suggestions forums too. ;)
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    xansteel wrote: »
    OK this is a review of things that do need to be fix in the near future. I do realize that there is more important things that need fixed, like bugs and such, and some of this is visual in nature, but still needs to be worked in.

The Untamed.

1. Tails. I have seen wolves, tigers, pandas, bunnies, deer,etc etc without tails. They have tails so why are they not on them. Please put they're tails back on them.

2. Wereform. Ok this is a major issue for me. Why does a Panda anthro (aka human like form) wereform into a White Tiger. Why the species change? There's no need for the species change, please fix it so that whatever species the character is, it wereforms into the right one, like a panda anthro, into a panda bear.

3.Speed. Running in wereform should be somewhat faster then running in anthro form. Animals do run faster then humans do, this fact should carry over into this game. Not super fast but at least 1.5 to 2.0 times faster. Example If you run at 1 meters per second (now referred to as m/s) as a human, then in wereform you should be able to run be able to run at 1.5m/s to 2.0m/s. please fix this.

You're confusing the Untamed with western werecreatures. The game lore specifies them as fairy folk, so they don't follow the same guidelines. They simply don't have tails.

I agree that different forms would be nice, but unless there's a radical change to the game from China, then it's not going to happen. The game is three-plus years old.

You want a speed boost? Venomancers get a speed boost in water with a passive skill. I'm not sure about Barbarians, but think about what a speed increase would mean to other races. It'd be very unbalancing to everyone else, unless the animal form has a time limit of, say, one minute with a three to five minute cooldown.
    Winged Elves.

1. Flying. This should be faster, not slower then running. I have tested this with a number of people and found out the flying is indeed slower then running. This should be 1.5 to 2.0 times faster, then running, 9 times out of 10 I feel like I should be falling out of the sky. Please correct this.

2. Aerial to ground combat. OK this a big big BIG issue for me. This is also something unique to this class (Archers). If I'm flying and I attack a ground target, and it can't hit me I should be able to kill it. But no instead if it can't attack me, then it insta heals its life as if I'm in a Safe Zone. The only time a monster should heal itself is, if it has a spell to do so, and if I enter a Safe Zone. Not if it can't attack me. If this is something that can't be fixed, then at least make a skill that prevents the insta heal, and use some of that flying time to have Aerial to Ground combat.

I haven't spent much time with the Elves, but I think they get an increase in flying speed as a passive skill.

As for aerial combat, I do not agree with what you're saying. You're basically proposing flyers be invincible to ground-based enemies. Mobs heal whenever the attacker is out of range and it should stay like this for the sake of fairness.
    Freeform

Ok this game is to linear, you can not freely explore, because if you go to a town that the game has not said you can go to yet in the story, you can not use the teleporter to go back to the last town you were in. I would like to use the teleporters in town that I visit instead of having to wait for the story to progress. That really is nothing more then Forced Story Progression.

Give an example of not being able to teleport from one town to another because I've never experienced this while wandering. You visit one teleporter, and it activates for all adjoining points.
    Mining/Farming

I really don't have to much to say here except instead of having randomly placed ore deposits. Why not have ore caves/pits that we can mine at. I understand about the plant farming that's fine, but I think having ore caves/pits would add a bit to the freeform factor. Each city/town "Could" have its own ore cave/pit to give it a bit of diversity. This way we can get the materials we need sooner, instead of having to hunt them down. Would also help in getting coins/gold quicker if we run out. Have it like, you pick and spot, and mine there for as long as you need until you stop it. Also instead of limiting the type of ore and plants by level have it take longer, and earn more EXP for mining/farming it. This could also add to the diversity of weapons/armor could be made in each city/town.

Materials aren't randomly placed.
    Character Creation.
    Skin Color.

Skin color is an issue I have. If I want to change the color of the skin, it only changes the face. Not the whole body. Skin color should effect the entire body all at once.

That's a glitch. The whole body changes color, not just the face.

If you can't change the sex of the species for that class then at least have both sexes for the two different classes. Mirror them, for example: Male Tiger Barbarian, Female Tiger Venomancer etc etc. During the beta I only had two species, Male tiger Barbarian, and Female Fox Venomancer nothing else.

I have not have the pleasure of playing with the human side of the game as of yet, but I will in open beta so expect an update.

There were multiple archetypes for both Barbarian and Venomancer. I had a bat winged and horned (dragon-derived?) Venomancer myself.
  • xansteel
    xansteel Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    tinkus wrote: »
    You want a speed boost? Venomancers get a speed boost in water with a passive skill. I'm not sure about Barbarians, but think about what a speed increase would mean to other races. It'd be very unbalancing to everyone else, unless the animal form has a time limit of, say, one minute with a three to five minute cooldown.

I wasn't looking for a speed increase that was unbalanced, but something that was understanding. This game is vast in terms of distance, so increase the normal wereform running and flying speed just a bit, so you don't feel like its taking forever just to get somewhere. If it take 15 minutes to get for one town to the next just with normal running, not stopping for farming/mining or fighting. Then wereform/flying should be 10 to 12 minutes. Mind you this is an example.

I haven't spent much time with the Elves, but I think they get an increase in flying speed as a passive skill.

I may have missed it but I didn't see anything like that.
    As for aerial combat, I do not agree with what you're saying. You're basically proposing flyers be invincible to ground-based enemies. Mobs heal whenever the attacker is out of range and it should stay like this for the sake of fairness.

I agree that they should heal IF the attacker is out of range, but not if the attacker is still attacking it. This is from personal experience. I attacked a Nether Flame from the air, I'm in range to be able to attack it. Now the Nether Flame does not have a distance attack, so it walks toward me, gets under me, sits there for about a second, can't attack me. Mind you all this time I'm still attacking it. Once it can't attack me, it must be thinking that there's nothing there, and walks back to the spot it was at while the attack continues, with each hit refills it's entire life bar. Stops at where it start, while I'm still hitting it, and then comes back repeating the process all over again. I'm sorry but this does not float for me. I've had mobs hit me well outside they're range of attack in both melee, and spell attack. I should have the right to kill it whether it can hit me or not. That is where the uniqueness of the Archer comes into play.

Give an example of not being able to teleport from one town to another because I've never experienced this while wandering. You visit one teleporter, and it activates for all adjoining points.

No so, here's another personal experience. I get to the Gate of Antiquity, I decide to run around the country side for while before doing any quests, and manage to come across Wellspring Village. Wonder around for a bit in town there's nothing to do there (quest wise) and not really at a safe level to attack anything, so I decide to go back to the Gate via teleporter, and lo and behold it does not link to the Gate or Broken Bridge, or the City of the Lost, or any town for that matter, so I'm forced to walk all the way back. It has done that for any town I come across that I do not have access to Story Wise (aka Quest to go to the next area).
    Materials aren't randomly placed.

So the three sandstone mines that were in a few seconds of each other walking, that I mined, and about 10 to 15 minutes later replaced by plants, that I also mined, and then later replaced by one iron mine, is not random? Mind you this was in the same area.

That's a glitch. The whole body changes color, not just the face.

That's good to know.

There were multiple archetypes for both Barbarian and Venomancer. I had a bat winged and horned (dragon-derived?) Venomancer myself.

During closed beta I only had the two Male Tiger, and Female Fox, it would have been nice to see the others there too. Although that does lead me to believe that the species might be region based.

Thanks for your response.

Sorry for not putting this in the right place but I kinda wanted everyones constructive thoughts on this.

Xan Steel
  • khaai
    khaai Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Hi Xan,

For Elves flying is a skill that you can gradually upgrade as you progress in game, and level 10 of flying mastery is a lot more faster, whereas for humans, barbarians and venomancer flying is a tool, not a skill. You can, however, increase the flying speed by putting fuel crystals into wings or flying tools (animal / sword), but I have never tested this. :rolleyes:
  • pali
    pali Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    so ure saying that lvl 1 elfs should be ablte to grind on lvl 115 mobs since they can fly?
    cause that seems very unfair to me. same with bosses.
  • semii
    semii Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    pali wrote: »
    so ure saying that lvl 1 elfs should be ablte to grind on lvl 115 mobs since they can fly?
    cause that seems very unfair to me. same with bosses.

It would take days that way lol, not all monsters are melee... (I found out in cb when a lvl 80+ mob pwned my lvl 3.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am undead.
  • destruction
    destruction Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Were-animals do have speed boost...
    From 5 m/s to 6 m/s...
  • nerox
    nerox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    The OP has some very good points on some things.

One of the things that's getting on my nerves is the fact that Flying takes away from your MP. I'm currently doing the quest to kill things while flying, I'm doing fine but the drop rate is horrid. My point is, after 2 mobs I have to meditate which takes about 5 minutes to get my MP back to full.

Now I know some are going to say, just grab some MP pots / Put more points into MP. But I'd rather put points elsewhere than pump them into Mag just so I can stay airborne. I'd like to see the Flying system for elves (not sure if it drains MP from other races too) rethought and see if maybe there's another way.
  • hanibani
    hanibani Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    xansteel wrote: »

The Untamed.

Winged Elves.

Freeform

Mining/Farming

Character Creation.
    Skin Color.

Xan Steel

P.S. I take these issues seriously, so please unless you have something constructive to say, do not flame or attack this thread.
    i agree with xansteel. one more thing that they HAVE TO change are the horses, like in the bb village. They just walk over npc's... i can't click on the npc then... unless i kill the horse... ^^'