Options
2»

Comments

• harshva
    harshva Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    Someone in IRC got confirmation that 1 gold = $1, and that silver hiero will sell for 1.5 gold, so $1.50. Same item in MY-EN cost $0.90. That's a 67% increase in price.

That's still a high price for me, not like I am being cheap. But I am taking into consideration of all characters I wanted to play. And if your trying to get characters to lvl 100 then it costs a lot tbh. So that means I am basically stuck with just 1 character :mad:

I will consider again after I get official word from a GM for prices. What good is it when you call the game free and has hidden prices :confused:
    Harsh
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Let's make a RL comparison :

I go to a store to buy a bag of chips.

Brand A is selling their bags $1.50.

Brand B is selling their bags $0.99.

Chances are that in the end I'll get two bags of brand B instead of one bag of brand A. Even if in the end, the 2 bags will cost me more.

They can do the same thin in this game : The can sell some fashion for 10 golds, or decide to sell them for 6 golds. At 10 golds, I'll buy one, or even none. At 6 golds I'll buy one if not 2.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • kinetikop
    kinetikop Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    Let's make a RL comparison :

I go to a store to buy a bag of chips.

Brand A is selling their bags $1.50.

Brand B is selling their bags $0.99.

Chances are that in the end I'll get two bags of brand B instead of one bag of brand A. Even if in the end, the 2 bags will cost me more.

They can do the same thin in this game : The can sell some fashion for 10 golds, or decide to sell them for 6 golds. At 10 golds, I'll buy one, or even none. At 6 golds I'll buy one if not 2.

Very true, I agree 100%. Thats called smart marketing... =]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ganja
    ganja Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    GM's should really answer this, most games out there are failing because the GM's are getting greedy.

Take Rohan for example, awesome game, awesome graphics but it failed, why? CS was just too damn expensive for people.

PWI still has time to make a difference, hm actually no they dont, only 2 hours till OB... if people start seeing high prices they'll start to think twice before they buy any zen.
  • blinnemans
    blinnemans Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I think they start with high pricing, as everything is considered "new" and we might only buy food for thought or hieros..
    At the moment loads of people get to the part they can actually buy mounts or clothing, they will announce they will drop the costs as a "gesture".. Then the people who bought hieros still have the edge on the ones who didn't pay from the start

Just a thought
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Pfffff.. now breaks my wooden shoe ^^
  • karmelia
    edited September 2008
    Options
    blinnemans wrote: »
    At the moment loads of people get to the part they can actually buy mounts or clothing, they will announce they will drop the costs as a "gesture".

That would be a good way to **** off most of their heavy Zen buyers who will already have spend some on those things already....
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    1 dollar - 1 gold sounds about right to me, I mean really $20.00 for the best mount in the game thats not bad. At least I don't think so :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • tres
    tres Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Uhm our Item mall isn close to complete there are a lot more higher priced aviations and mounts to come...
  • dayzd
    dayzd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    sikozu wrote: »
    1 dollar - 1 gold sounds about right to me, I mean really $20.00 for the best mount in the game thats not bad. At least I don't think so :o

20 dollars for a thing inside a game that ONLY let's you go places a LITTLE faster...

1 Silver Heiro = 1 Gold Sounds perfect for me. Idk why they make it 1.5...
  • karmelia
    edited September 2008
    Options
    sikozu wrote: »

What was that best mount in CB?

In My-EN the deer cost $13.50.

• dayzd
    dayzd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    The best wings/flyers in cb were 25 dollars lol...
  • tao
    tao Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    vigor wrote: »
    A GM on EU server already said their cash shop won't be more expensive than MY version and EU doesn't have IP blocks so a lot of people will just move there

http://forum.perfectworld.ms/showpost.php?p=1283&postcount=11

Thanks for that information.
    Now why can't PWI do the same thing here too? Are they being too greedy?

The price of zen will decide the class I will be playing in OB.
    If zen is too expensive, I will play a venomancer since they are very cheap to run: no repair bills, no need to buy arrows, rarely gets hit so hp charm rarely gets used, don't need to use mana charm either if using mana pots. And venomancers are great for soloing and farming items. Don't forget they can tame rare pets to sell for good money.

Only problem is I'm a guy and I don't enjoy playing a cute, skinny, bunny eared female character. :eek:
  • dagny
    dagny Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Karmelia I didn't mean my reply about silver/bronze to sound offensive, just wondering iff you had meant bronze.

Honestly I am willing to pay a bit more than I did on the MY servers to have mostly English speakers (no offense there either, I just like knowing what people are saying), and to have local hardware for faster pings.

Operating costs are higher in this country as is hardware, plus if the staff running PW here is dedicated and maintains and upgrades well, it's worth it. That said I would like it as cheap as I can get it (ok that sounds wrong!) but I understand if it's not MY prices.
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    For everyone complaining about the prices here versus PW-MY, are you taking the exchange reate into effect? I can understand being used to paying X amount for an item, but you're transfering one currency into a different one that may not be as strong as yours. Hence the lower price. While I agree certain items need to be inexpensive to retain a user base here (Charms come to mind), there's also a minimum price that must be set in order to cover operating costs.

Of course, I never took Economics in high school (damn schizophrenia), so please correct anything I might have gotten wrong.
  • dagny
    dagny Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Tinkus,

I majored ine conomics in college so I have you beat! Ha!

Just kidding hon. Seriously though, you're correct and incorrect at the same time. Echange rate makes a difference, BUT, that's not the issue here. What people are saying is that if their dollars go twice as far playing the MY version, then they may be inclined to do just that.

If you can stand reading the really horrible english translations and seeing tons of people typing in chinese characters and such, getting twice your money's worth is a deal.

For me, having played the MY version... I'll take the version we have here, I'll just be more judicious in my use of money.
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    dagny wrote: »
    Tinkus,

I majored ine conomics in college so I have you beat! Ha!

Just kidding hon. Seriously though, you're correct and incorrect at the same time. Echange rate makes a difference, BUT, that's not the issue here. What people are saying is that if their dollars go twice as far playing the MY version, then they may be inclined to do just that.

If you can stand reading the really horrible english translations and seeing tons of people typing in chinese characters and such, getting twice your money's worth is a deal.

For me, having played the MY version... I'll take the version we have here, I'll just be more judicious in my use of money.

I wasn't saying that the dollars didn't go farther in the MY version, I was just thinking that's why they do. =p

I agree, I'll stay here regardless. Better translation (save Archosaur) and better stability on my end makes up for slightly higher prices.
  • karmelia
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Well, we'll know in 45 minutes....

At least US and Canadian dollars have roughly the same value these days.

• showharu
    showharu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Umm, Thanks guys. I see the price is $1. Lets jus hope that they lower the zen for the items in cashshop if possible:p
  • ranthe
    ranthe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    the only reasl i'll buy from the CS is cause i have the money to spare, in which case it woulda gone towards video games anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • paully
    paully Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    ob opens in 30 min