A hero is only as good as his weapon..!

ark
ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Blademaster
Welcome to my guide on the Blademaster's weapon choices. I'll refrain from typing a long, boring intro and get to the heart of the subject! So, here ya go :D

AXES: This is the best build for a "Blade"master, surprisingly. Axes have the best levelling speed, due to AoE attacks, out of all the other sub-classes. In addition, they also have the best defence and attack power. In pk, skill speed rules rather than weapon speed, so don't be fooled into thinking that axes are slow... they're equally as fast as the other class's weapons. Due to this, and the Axe's third stun, an axe Blademaster can lock a person in a perpetual state of stun. Accuracy can be increased with rings of LingYun to godly amounts, and dodge rate doesn't matter anyways. At level 90, when you get the "Ironheart" axe, you will be unstoppable.

The build for a pk Axer is enough STR to wield your axe, anough AGI to wield a spear, and everything leftover to CON.

For territorial war, you may want to put your AGI high enough for blades.

SPEARS:
Another amazing Blademaster sub-class. Due to powerful distance skills, and a variety of linear AoEs, spears are very valuable in war, and powerful for pk. Due to the AGI required for spears, you will have more HP than a pker/wargoing axer, but you will have to line up your targets so that you can use your linear AoE properly. When in the right hands, a spear Blademaster is a truly formidable force - a presence that people on a field of battle are unlikely to miss.

The build for a pk Spear-user is simply enough STR and AGI to wear heavy armour and your spear, and for the remainder to be used in CON.

For war... you MIGHT want to put AGI up to a blader's level. I don't personally recommend it, but if you can't get LingYun rings then you might need to.

BLADES:
This type of Blademaster is the, without a queston, best damage-dealer Blademaster in a 1v1. They have the highest damage output against bosses, and in fair pk/duels due to amazing skills, and weapon speed(for bosses). At leve 90, the golden Dragon Blade is a testiment to the Blademaster's awesomeness... You will hit so hard and fast, you'll probably laugh at yourself out of pride. However, you'll have less HP than a spear or axe Blademaster, and less defensive power. Due to a l ack of AoE skills, you are less than wanted for Territorial War, and in PK, you won't be as effective as a spear or axe Blademaster.

For a pk build, you need enough STR to wear heavy armour, enough AGI for your sword, and the rest to CON. Accuracy problems are solved with rings, and pills.

FISTS: This is actually a bad class. Damage-dealing is good, but a Blader will do better. The high-required AGI for fists is good, but a Blader will still do a better AGI-type build. Fists at this point have few advantages... Dodge rate is totally gimp-tarded in this game, and accuracy is acquired in many ways other than AGI. I strongly un-recommend(lol) this class...

However, if you feel the need to be different, then a fist weapon will do that.

So, enjoy the Blademaster class. It's very cool to play, and is the second-most wealthy class in the game due to lack of spending on heiros and potions. Plus, they make very decent PKers. :D

If you have any questions that I didn't answer, just ask away.
As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
Strength in Unity,
Order through Chaos,
Victory united.
Post edited by ark on

Comments

• caribbean
    caribbean Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Nice.
    I hate guides intro:cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Caribbean is a cold blooded reptilian like an amphibian.
  • lena
    lena Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Thanks for this hun lol I have a Axe Blademaster in MY-EN..but never been told much about em I love Axes full stop I guess its coz I practice throwin tomahawks in RL lol so thanks for the advice hun
    You Were Never Meant To Arrive In Hell Looking Like A Fashion Plate...Rather To Slide In Backwards..Glass Of Wine In Hand..Hair In Disarray..Totally Exhausted.... Screaming man what a ride !!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sigoh
    sigoh Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I'm going to be a sword blamdemaster.... I hear they have disadvantages in PvP and what not becuase of range, but obstacles can be overcome... and it makes things fun ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chaotic Oblivion~Fated Twilight~Eternal Sorrow~Corrupted Fidelity
  • tune
    tune Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    hmm me have a question...i thought going axe is because of aoe attacks and such for tw.... why put high enough agi for blade? or is tw 1 vs 1 fights? :eek: im a nub so enlighten me plz :)
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    tune wrote: »
    hmm me have a question...i thought going axe is because of aoe attacks and such for tw.... why put high enough agi for blade? or is tw 1 vs 1 fights? :eek: im a nub so enlighten me plz :)

You'd put up agi so that you don't miss when you deal an aoe attack to a whole bunch of people in TW.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • maven
    maven Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    One thing I can add is that a Blade Master can choose to master two weapons (But due to the insane skill point requirement, barely any one can master three or all four weapons, although it is Theoreticly possible). Among all combinations, Axe+Spear is the most popular one since such a BM has both AOE and PK skills and does good for both PVE and PVP.
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    Nice guide but got some questions.

I plan to go both axe and spear build, gonna max both tree's, but at first I will lvl axe, and at higher lvls start adding spear skills.

Reason??

Gonna use Spears Doom Skill to decrease my opponents attack and defense by 50%, then switch to axe to stun them, and spike damage them with their low defence.

Ok the question is....

What build is good for Axe/Spear Blademaster??

I thought of two ways.

1. Minimum Str for Axe, Minimum Agi for Spear, rest con.

2. Minimum Str for Axe, Minimum Agi for 1 Hand Sword, rest con.

I might have low hp for Option 2, but I plan to go heaven so my defense should be fixed.

Which build would you recommend?

sealed~
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    sealed wrote: »
    Nice guide but got some questions.

I plan to go both axe and spear build, gonna max both tree's, but at first I will lvl axe, and at higher lvls start adding spear skills.

Reason??

Gonna use Spears Doom Skill to decrease my opponents attack and defense by 50%, then switch to axe to stun them, and spike damage them with their low defence.

Ok the question is....

What build is good for Axe/Spear Blademaster??

I thought of two ways.

1. Minimum Str for Axe, Minimum Agi for Spear, rest con.

2. Minimum Str for Axe, Minimum Agi for 1 Hand Sword, rest con.

I might have low hp for Option 2, but I plan to go heaven so my defense should be fixed.

Which build would you recommend?

sealed~

In PvP, build 1 has more potential than build 2. Accuracy is easily fixed with rings and drugs.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • celes
    celes Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ark wrote: »
    In PvP, build 1 has more potential than build 2. Accuracy is easily fixed with rings and drugs.

Drugs fix everything.
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    lol -.-

sealed~
  • wimpknuckles
    wimpknuckles Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hmm...

For me it's Looks > POWAHR, but if Axes are really THAT good as it says here, than I might go with that. Wanted to use blades though since they look badass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.
    When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.
  • iamjakob
    iamjakob Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ark wrote: »
    For territorial war, you may want to put your AGI high enough for blades.

why is this?
    ~ Jakob

Server: Lost City
    IGN: iamJakob, Blademaster
    Lvl: 2x

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aland
    aland Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    iamjakob wrote: »
    why is this?
    because he wants to feel special, or because he's a noob, or because he wants to build ur char wrong. The decision is up to you.
  • iamjakob
    edited September 2008
    aland wrote: »
    because he wants to feel special, or because he's a noob, or because he wants to build ur char wrong. The decision is up to you.
    lol, ok :P
    thx

so axe/spear build works for tw too?
    ~ Jakob

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aland
    aland Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    iamjakob wrote: »
    lol, ok :P
    thx

so axe/spear build works for tw too?
    any build will work for tw
    choosing ur weapon is best done according to the situation..

if ur enemy is dumb enough to aggregate together, then best weapon to use is ur axes
    spear's also good, because it has a farther reach, which is useful for those classes that hit and run, u can use ur long reach skill to finish him/her off.
    swords? not sure why that noob said is good in tw, maybe only the final skll is good do deal out massive damage.
    fists? good for chi gathering probably, if ur main job is to stun.
  • iamjakob
    edited September 2008
    2 handed axe
    or
    dual wield axe

is there any diffrence in builds and is one of them better than the other?
    ~ Jakob

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tszhohihi
    tszhohihi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ehehe, just dont get addicted and go 2 *high* on it. lolz
  • montz
    montz Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    what should I go with if I want to pvp/PK very well?
    i will be a blade master
  • fgsfds
    fgsfds Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Say, are dual-hammers useful for PvE? They seem to hit for quite a bit and have an attack rate of 0.83.
  • monarch
    monarch Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hammers and axes use the same builds fgsfds. Hammers have a higher min. damage and lower max damage than axes.

Hammers = steady damage
    Axes = great spike damage potential

I personally prefer hammers as I know I will at least do X damage, which is more than the axes minimum damage.
  • witcher
    witcher Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    monarch wrote: »
    Hammers and axes use the same builds fgsfds. Hammers have a higher min. damage and lower max damage than axes.

Hammers = steady damage
    Axes = great spike damage potential

I personally prefer hammers as I know I will at least do X damage, which is more than the axes minimum damage.

Quoted for Truth

I prefer D.Hammers due to the Min/Max, but the D.Axe dmg spikes are awesome :( WTB Axes with +Min Dmg buffs :D
    Lead me not into temptation... I can find that myself
  • draztik
    draztik Posts: 24
    edited September 2008
    Keep in mind that its not easy to get Lingyun Rings, so relying on those to keep your accuracy up is a bad choice.
  • Granz - Heavens Tear
    Granz - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    hey hey hey.....

there really aint nothin wrong with fist weapons....

i personally think they are awesome in terms of dmg that can be dealt overall and the fact that they look sick!

your right tho....there are very few fist Blademasters.....seriously...u can look and look....but u hardly see any....
    it aint exactly a popular class....

I will stick with being a fist blademaster tho.....it....makes things jus a bit more....how would u say..."intersting"...lol
  • Daoso - Heavens Tear
    Daoso - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    draztik wrote: »
    Keep in mind that its not easy to get Lingyun Rings, so relying on those to keep your accuracy up is a bad choice.

Ahh, Draztik the spear master. Good to see you here. I co-sign your comment :)

Just a tip, accuracy soulstones aren't a bad choice to put inside your weapon.
  • pwnd
    pwnd Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    celes wrote: »
    Drugs fix everything.

if i choose AXES can i use HAMMERS to? i mean its a same stats?
  • deathbell
    deathbell Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    wowo... u mean there are 4 different tress for the 4 classes .. i didnt knw thanks guys.. so i am also going to go with the axe and spear thing.. i knw this might have been posted in alot of places but is it possible for u to post the skills i have to buy for axes first and then for spears? plz u will be helping me alot.
  • Achiles - Lost City
    Achiles - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Very helpful,now I know the differences. Thank you ark!
  • chong
    chong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    nice guide.

These are the screen shot i pawned a WF noob. this is taken from Malaysian English Server.

runningdumbster05ni9.th.jpg

runningdumbster04yj9.th.jpg

runningdumbster03qe8.th.jpg

runningdumbster02aa7.th.jpg

You may ask why i am still using Purple (3 stars), but not getting a Green (4 stars) or a Gold (5stars) in my current lvl.
    My answer is there is no Green or Gold weapon for Dual Bladers before you attain lvl 80, unless you use single sword or blade, so for Dual Blader, sorry to say, you have to attain lvl 80 then you can get Greenies or Goldies. Oh , there is one gold Dual Blade , but it is rank 5 -__-'' , it is pointless to get, because it is for low lvl to use (lvl 30-40). however, u can lvl up very fast to lvl 50 or 60 to get rank 8 weapon, so it is pointless to get that low lvl gold dual blade. By the way, a 3 stars dual blade user can easily out-damage a green Single sword users ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    YOU JUST GOT OWNED b:bye
  • ark
    edited October 2008
    *performs necromancy*

Hi.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.