Add Windows Vista to the requirements list

soukyuu
soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Suggestion Box
People are frequently asking if PW runs fine with vista, adding it to the requirements should be a good idea.

These are the current requirements to play the game:

Minimum Requirement
Operating System Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista (both 32 and 64-Bit)
CPU 800Mhz and above
RAM 256MB or more of RAM
Hard Disk 2.5G available HD space
Graphic Display 32MB 3D graphics card

Suggested Requirement
Operating System Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista (both 32 and 64-Bit)
CPU Intel Pentium4 1.5GHz
RAM 512MB+
Hard Disk 3.0G HD space
Graphic Display 256MB 3D graphics card

The green part is what i suggest to add.
PW has been endless frustration for me #2
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by soukyuu on

Comments

• ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Vista has a much higher ram and cpu req, so don't forget about that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • soukyuu
    edited September 2008
    true, i wouldn't install Vista on the PC they listed as suggested requirements, but stating that this game works with Vista is a start.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ren wrote: »
    Vista has a much higher ram and cpu req, so don't forget about that.

yes it does and it takes up so much room x.X but if you have a computer like mine that can handle vista then its no problem. Its those cheapy computers that have like 1GB of RAM and 30G HDD that cant handle it.

Operating System: Vista Ultimate 64bit
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2duo @2.10 GHz
    RAM: 4GB
    Hard Disk: 320GB
    Graphic Display: Nvidia Geforce 9500 MS
    (laptop)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • soukyuu
    edited September 2008
    please, don't turn it to a topic about what's good/bad about vista ^^

in short, vista is better for the new PCs (dualcore and up) because it's very different in the way it works and how it uses the space, be it RAM or HDD. Older PCs don't have the power for these features to actually give you a boost in performance, so too many label it as a bad OS and hate it w/o actually knowing how and why it does what it does.

/me won't downgrade to XP on my new laptop
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    soukyuu wrote: »
    please, don't turn it to a topic about what's good/bad about vista ^^

in short, vista is better for the new PCs (dualcore and up) because it's very different in the way it works and how it uses the space, be it RAM or HDD. too many label it as a bad OS and hate it w/o actually knowing how and why it does what it does.

/me won't downgrade to XP on my new laptop

I am fond of vista actually, if Microsoft wasnt starting a monopoly on using their OS I'd run Lynux though lol -. -
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • otane
    otane Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I dunno about Ram so much. I know this is off topic but I only have like 4oo something ram and I played WoW before fine too >.>'
    Yes works in progress are fun too.
    Uploading pictures of players breaking the rules> 5 mins
    Time it takes for admin to delete and ignore your post> 4 seconds
    Yes I dont' care if my siggy is rude it's true :/
  • medea
    medea Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I actually got it running under linux as well and it doesnt run bad at all (although under xp is is slightly better) but you need wine for it.
  • Averil - Heavens Tear
    Averil - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    If you are going to start changing the listed req's, i would say you might want to add that 64bit XP works fine too. I've been running fine with that since about september 5th or so, and not a single problem yet.
  • ninjustsu
    ninjustsu Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Yes but adding Vista to the minimum requirements makes no sense since you don't have to have Vista to run the game. Minimum requirements are what is AT LEAST needed. Vista is considered higher up on the list compared to XP because when you go from Vista to XP it is considered a downgrade and not an upgrade according to Microsoft. If Vista was on the minimum requirements list then that means anything below Vista would not work. PWI has their minimum specs written correctly.
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    ninjustsu wrote: »
    Yes but adding Vista to the minimum requirements makes no sense since you don't have to have Vista to run the game. Minimum requirements are what is AT LEAST needed. Vista is considered higher up on the list compared to XP because when you go from Vista to XP it is considered a downgrade and not an upgrade according to Microsoft. If Vista was on the minimum requirements list then that means anything below Vista would not work. PWI has their minimum specs written correctly.

Ninjustsu FTW.

BTW... isn't it spelled Ninjutsu?

Anyways... Vista is not a requirement for PWI to run, nor is it recommended that it be run on it. Since it does work, we may put it on the FAQ saying that "Yes, PWI works with Vista". Keep an eye out in the future for more info b:laugh.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • xealot
    xealot Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    dude, going from windows XP to ME is also a downgrade, as is XP to 95 etc, but XP is also on minimum requirements...minimum just means what you can run it with. and if you can run it with vista. it should be on the minimum requirement list
  • waffl3ookie
    waffl3ookie Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    xealot wrote: »
    dude, going from windows XP to ME is also a downgrade, as is XP to 95 etc, but XP is also on minimum requirements...minimum just means what you can run it with. and if you can run it with vista. it should be on the minimum requirement list
    minimum means the most basic thing it could run on. the worst possible specs you can have (debatably including OS maybe?) that the game will still work fine with....