A plea for civil behaviour on the last day of CB

Options
2»

Comments

• kitfox
    kitfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    "and then you swim in freaking out about RQ that RQ this - as always." - Irbis

You must be mistaking me for somebody else. There is already a challenge out to find five (out of this 13% of all the forum threads that you claim) RQ mentioning threads that I have posted in at all. Can you meet this challenge?

Regardless, at the beginning of this thread, you loved my reply. My second observation in reply to the (apparent RQ member) person who was trying to defend himself was the first thing you took offense to. My target to laugh at is not just RQ. My target to laugh at is all of the people who are kindergankers. The downside is that because of the mess created by some of its members, RQ has become known as a kinderganker guild.

To clarify one important point: I haven't been PKed a single time. I just know why everybody hates kindergankers and I know how futile it is to try to make a deal with them. Kindergankers will keep kinderganking and will always try to find some way to defend their actions. I find the whole premise extremely amusing, so I laugh at them.

I have extreme respect for GOOD PvPers. That takes skill. Kinderganking does not.

"You had a choice...you either play or you don't play. If you don't like it...don't play" - Finasoa

Unfortunately, the folks who run the game are trying to encourage people to play rather than not-play. All of this mess has been a badly-handled request for the administration to take action against people who are harassing other players so that the choice isn't a matter of Play (and potentially pay money) or Not Play (and never provide income to the company). The whole request turned into a mess when some folks came in defense of the kindergankers and it turned into a carebear vs kinderganker battle royale.

"If you're QQing about people leaving because of PKers and trying to tie that to loss in income for the company, you're wrong." - evrilysis

People are more concerned at this point about the situation making the levelling contest less fair. Sadly, while I'd love to be able to say "You're right about those people being wrong", unfortunately you aren't. Base business statistics show plainly that not taking action against harassing PK will result in a loss of profits. People who LIKE to PvP will buy all those things to get an advantage. People who DON'T like to PvP and who would otherwise spend money on mounts, heiros for PvE, and various other things will end up quitting and taking their money with them when they get targeted by kindergankers.

Consider how many people have been kinderganked out of the levelling contest. Every single one of the 100+ QQers mentioned above are not happy with the situation and therefore less happy with the game. If 50% of the kindergankers leave, according to your numbers, they lose 5 sources of potential income. The problem is that kindergankers never go into a fair fight, so they don't NEED Dolls or Heiros, so dn't spend money on them. If 50% of the people they gank leave, that's 10 times more potential income sources lost.

Big pink text does not make things work better.

"I said "I've yet to kill someone" honestly, I'm a hardcore PVP player" - Severan

This is what makes you the sort of person that could be closest to being called a "Pro vs Pro" type. You are not a kinderganker. You have respect for the people who do not want to be part of the PvP circuit but were forced to partake in it if they wanted to do much in CB.

My statement was pointed towards the "Don't hate me because I'm RQ! I haven't killed anybody!" people. The guild has a reputation now for being kindergankers. As such, even reliable and responsible GOOD PvPers in the guild will end up being painted as kindergankers because they hang around with the "not-cool kids" by sheer virtue of carrying the same guild name.

---

The origin of this thread was trying to ask the kindergankers to lay off.

I pointed out the OP was an effort in futility because kindergankers can't lay off. It would break the definition of what they are.

I also pointed out that kindergankers amuse me on a psychological level. I will always laugh at kindergankers. They are not worth anything more than that. Not even my pity really, which is a sad thing: Not being worth pity.
  • lochaine62
    lochaine62 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    My issue is this: a half a dozen children got together on Heaven's Tear with the sole intent of keeping the players who were striving to reach 40 from reaching their goal. Archers mostly, massacred quite a few as we would come in to get or turn in quests. Earlier in the day I was targeted by an Archer constantly until I was forced to go and grind until I could return to the area where I was questing. I believe I could have made 40 - but because of the hindrance was not allowed to do so. I think something should be done about that, to the rude players that caused the conflict. Good for them, they reached 40 or more...what gives them the right to keep others from doing the same?

I have screen shots of the pk which reflects most of all who were there. I will provide them upon request to management, I have also sent some in to customer service already. Sure, it is a pvp server - but what gives them the right to harrass and keep others from succeeding?
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    kitfox wrote: »
    My second observation in reply to the (apparent RQ member) person who was trying to defend himself was the first thing you took offense to.

"I said "I've yet to kill someone" honestly, I'm a hardcore PVP player" - Severan

This is what makes you the sort of person that could be closest to being called a "Pro vs Pro" type. You are not a kinderganker. You have respect for the people who do not want to be part of the PvP circuit but were forced to partake in it if they wanted to do much in CB.

My statement was pointed towards the "Don't hate me because I'm RQ! I haven't killed anybody!" people. The guild has a reputation now for being kindergankers. As such, even reliable and responsible GOOD PvPers in the guild will end up being painted as kindergankers because they hang around with the "not-cool kids" by sheer virtue of carrying the same guild name.
    I'm not defending myself against anything ;) I'm a RageQuit (now called BEAR) member and I'm not different from any person in the clan (except Stampede because he's a Vampire). If you call them names, then i fit every single one you spell out. I was never a saint, I'm not thinking of being one in the near future or the far away one. That is why you can find me in RageQuit (now called BEAR) Clan.

Once a player killer, always a player killer. Just that i don't kill in malice, I'm the most hated PK in the other MMO i play because of my timed PK sprees during crucial events ;)

what i was telling him (the topic starter) is that, just for him asking out loud... i would not pk him or anyone else and i would try to ask the others to reduce the pk instances. Since i understand clearly as well as the clan that people would be rushing to level 40 on this last day. I solemnly respect is wish and from my part I'll make it true in the last day of CB

i didn't promise anything else and OB will definitely be a different story, i expect to fight lots of strong players 1 vs 1 or gank vs 1. Just don't deny me my PVP fun. PVP is a part of the game, friendship is a part of human habit ;) if you are mature enough you can crown them both.
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    evilgeek wrote: »
    During this closed beta phase none of us PvE players or players that only like PvP by consent have any choice, there is no PvE server until OB starts, what I would like to ask the PvP players is to remember that alot of us are on a PvP server because we simply had no choice, you PvP players may be having your fun but completely at the expence of PvE players who are neither geared up for nor skilled at PvP - It's like taking candy from a baby.

Would it be too much to ask that until OB starts and those of us that don't want a PvP game have their freedom to explore the beta respected? There are only hours left until the end of CB and I'm guessing there will be lots of players trtying to get their last few xp to get to lvl 40 for the free zen.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g288/richierich555/2008-09-0200-33-31.jpg
  • shuttle
    shuttle Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options