event -.-

Options
kriminal
kriminal Posts: 23 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
what about the people who participated in the CB and actually reported bugs and such instead of lvling like a mad cow not even trying to find any bugs

they dont get anything? i think that was the main point of CB right -.- not get lvl 40 and yay i won

and yes i know some people actually lvled and reported bugs but thats a minority -.-
:mad:
Post edited by kriminal on

Comments

• evrilysis
    evrilysis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    No, you're helping make PWI a better game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    kriminal wrote: »
    what about the people who participated in the CB and actually reported bugs and such instead of lvling like a mad cow not even trying to find any bugs

Welcome to PWI, where they don't reward players who helped them make the game better, but those who levelled the higher.

PWI administration of this game looks more and more like the way Cubinet administrate their servers.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • reversal
    reversal Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    You got to test the cash stop? o.o
  • kitfox
    kitfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    It's actually a very good marketing technique. Give free stuff to people who have proven to be the most "loyal" to the game by puting a huge amount of effort into it. In this case, levelling. This gives those fans an extra reason to stick around and spread their enthusiasm. This is a more effective method than the review contest in fact, since the latter is good for a quick burst, but does long term damage.
  • warlordinpw
    warlordinpw Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    i farted :D:D:D
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    kitfox wrote: »
    Give free stuff to people who have proven to be the most "loyal" to the game by puting a huge amount of effort into it.

Oh? Then someone who spent his time looking for things that don't work as it should in the game don't qualify as "loyal" and did not put any "effort" into it?

While someone who spent all his time levelling and did not reported anything is?

Sorry. Epic failure from the admins on this one.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • kitfox
    kitfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Karmelia:
    Folks who actually look for bugs generally tend to be too intelligent to be the kind of fans... fanatics, literally... that make good advertising lackeys. Marketing doesn't want to have smart people as a general rule. Marketing wants sheep and "trickable" people. It's wholly a "If you spent enough time 'playing', we want to reward you with free stuff so you will play more and pay us money sooner." No company is out there to not make money.

Remember that the people who found all the bugs are going to end up seeing a lot of them not be fixed. Then those people will become upset and leave the game because of the bugs. The people who didn't notice the bugs or bother to search for them are more likely to stay and pay. Why give free stuff to people who have a keen eye for problems if they are less likely to stay and pay because of those exact same problems?
  • funeral
    funeral Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    What about someone like me who made 30 with all classes? you know TESTING the game.... I am screwed as well, but the admins don't see it that way. Fk that...
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Everyone who played CB will be rewarded ;)
    People who reported actual bugs will be getting something too :)
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • infrequentia
    infrequentia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    How to say this in the nicest way.. hmm.. How about.. Suck it up.
  • tricktia
    tricktia Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    kitfox wrote: »
    Karmelia:
    Folks who actually look for bugs generally tend to be too intelligent to be the kind of fans... fanatics, literally... that make good advertising lackeys. Marketing doesn't want to have smart people as a general rule. Marketing wants sheep and "trickable" people. It's wholly a "If you spent enough time 'playing', we want to reward you with free stuff so you will play more and pay us money sooner." No company is out there to not make money.

Remember that the people who found all the bugs are going to end up seeing a lot of them not be fixed. Then those people will become upset and leave the game because of the bugs. The people who didn't notice the bugs or bother to search for them are more likely to stay and pay. Why give free stuff to people who have a keen eye for problems if they are less likely to stay and pay because of those exact same problems?
    lol whats this an CATEGORY TALK listen beta test means checking how much this online game be playble and if game was too bugy then it could't be relased in open beta so soon anyway and yea they test everything posible cashshop, events,... and similare.
    Oh? Then someone who spent his time looking for things that don't work as it should in the game don't qualify as "loyal" and did not put any "effort" into it?

While someone who spent all his time levelling and did not reported anything is?

Sorry. Epic failure from the admins on this one.

I have to agree with Karmelia on this one both of type of people(or kids :D) should be rewarded in some way regardless if they be or not be in game again.

P.S. as for marketing tricks lol who didn't preformed them yet you probobly could count them on one hand
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rzx
    rzx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    You kids cry about every little thing you possibly can.

Deal with it .
  • borderliner
    borderliner Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    Welcome to PWI, where they don't reward players who helped them make the game better, but those who levelled the higher.

PWI administration of this game looks more and more like the way Cubinet administrate their servers.

yeah that made me sad :( but i'm not greedy. i don't like the way they did it. but well. we can't do nothing to change it... so yeah.. be happy with your freewbie mr. grind
  • borderliner
    borderliner Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    rzx wrote: »
    You kids cry about every little thing you possibly can.

Deal with it .

it's not crying. but glad to see the same **** like you do on every forum.

maybe the day will come ppl like you accept other opinions mr. nazistic
    deal with it :)
  • kriminal
    kriminal Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »

cool nice to know now... :(