Simple Solutions and coining a name

Options
kitfox
kitfox Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
A: 1 cup water + 1 tsp salt = Salt Water

B: 1 cup water + 1 tsp sugar = Sugar Water

C: Don't like the folks who seem to think that 5-on-1 zerging somebody 10 levels lower than them is "skill" and being "professional"? Play on the PvE servers = People Are Happier.

Remember: All the talk of "Pro vs Pro", "Carebears", etc, is just a PKer's way of trying to taunt you down to their level. Folks who enjoy the thrill of PvP are perfectly fine on the PvP server. Folks who want to enjoy their sandwich in a completely different manner are just fine on the PvE server.

Don't worry if somebody calls you a carebear. Just call them a zergbully in return and be good to go.

Hmm. Carebear -> Derogatory term used by PvPers to indicate folks who don't want to PvP.

Later on we'll coin a term for the PvPers who use this term in a derogatory manner. Need to come up with the best name for folks who get their only jollies from PKing somebody many levels below them or greatly outnumbered by them.

There are the REAL PvPers, who go up against OTHER Real PvPers. People who make good use of skill ans strategy. People who find value in winning a fair fight or being victorious when the odds are stacked against them. This term isn't to be used for them. Those PvPers are the real pros.

We're looking for a proper name to use for just the bullies and zergers and "Look, I can beat up a baby toon! I am so powerful!" people.

This thread is not pointed at any names, so don't do so or it'll just end up being closed as well (Though when a thread is hijacked for the sheer purpose of damaging it, the -people- should be punished, not the thread).

Start your brainicles and think up a proper name!
Post edited by kitfox on

Comments

• xieveral
    xieveral Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I never got the term "carebear" its doesn't sound as insulting as other terms I've heard in games.

You wouldn't happen to be the Kit I know from Phantasy Star would you? you sound a lot like him :3
    Faction- SevenWind
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • irbis
    irbis Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    This thread is not pointed at any names, so don't do so or it'll just end up being closed as well (Though when a thread is hijacked for the sheer purpose of damaging it, the -people- should be punished, not the thread).

funny. you do exactly this thing in any threads where letters "RQ" are writen but at the same time you ask to NOT hijack here...?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrite
    There exist only three beings worthy of respect:
    the priest, the soldier, the poet.
    To know, to kill, to create.
    -severan
  • kitfox
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Technically "Carebear" is supposed to be referring to the cheesily-friendly fluffy bears from the children's series that are almost too disgustingly sweet. They fight and make everything better by hugs and by the "care bear stare", which is a special "attack" from the tripperiffic pictures on their tummies that generally make the "bad guys" suddenly break down nearly to tears, realize how horrible they have been, and start hugging everybody.

Taking that into account, perhaps it makes more sense. ;)

Irbis: Dozens of those threads shut down. Find five I've posted in where the post is not along the OP's purpose of the thread. Ready? Set? Go.
  • kitfox
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Oh, and no, not from PS. Never played that, sorry. I do know of about 50 or more different people named "Kitfox" though.
  • irbis
    irbis Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    ouuuuchy you dont want this so valueble topic to get spamed...? and why this one is so special? what "special" info it contain? what amazing discoveris you made here? what briliant ideas covers this sacred space?
    give me an example. even ONE. and
    Ready? Set? Go.

BTW: theres this funny button called "EDIT"
    ofcourse something small like that must have been left unnoticed by your highness.
    or mabe you are just dont have enough brain cells.
    There exist only three beings worthy of respect:
    the priest, the soldier, the poet.
    To know, to kill, to create.
    -severan
  • kitfox
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I've made the discovery that your accusations still stand unfouded. Other than that, this topic is protected against spamming, derailing, and trolling just like any other. You're putting yourself into a potentially disciplinable position.

Edit? I don't see a delete. I see that edits made left a note indicating they were edited.

Your claim: "you do exactly this thing in any threads where letters "RQ" are writen"

If I posted in those threads, there would be a post from me in them. The term any indicates pretty much "all" in the context you use it in. I challenged you to find five amongst the dozens of closed threads. Based on your libel, that should be easy enough to do, right?

So find five RQ threads that I have posted in and that have edit indicators implying that I changed my post. That would be enough circumstantial evidince to suffice.

Or, just give up the trolling and help think of a proper name to be defined as "PvPers who find more thrill in PKing lowbies, with or without being in large groups to do so, than in actual skilled PvP." with the connotation that the PvPers defined as such have insufficient skill to find and/or win a fair fight.

How about "Kiddie Gankers" or "Kindergankers"? Kinda sounds like those 5th graders in grade school that were so tough they could beat up a kindergartener.

I considered "Barrel and shotgun fishermen", but that would go above most of their heads. Plus it's too long.

We have a very smart community. Surely you're not saying that you aren't creative and intelligent enough to come up with a new name or phrase term for this.