Flying for winged characters

ganshin
ganshin Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
Ok, first forum post ever...I was wondering if you are a winged character (archer/cleric) do you get unlimited flight time? Ive looked at guides here and on other websites and youtube but havent found anything that might answer my question... can you fly to your heart's content or only for limited distances at a time? I looked on one video and it claimed that flying "decreases you leetness bar" which i thought was more opinion than fact. Can anyone disprove or reinforce this comment? Thanks Everyone!!!;)
"Tell me something I dont know."
"...without mucus your stomach would digest itself."
b:embarrass
Post edited by ganshin on

Comments

• sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    While flying it decreases your mp, but as a cleric you gain your mp back faster than it is decreased, but as an archer you will notice it go down. I think at lvl 30 you get faster wings once you do a quest and you no longer give up an mp cost to fly at least I think so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • betch
    betch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Only Elf Archers are limited when it comes to flying. But that's only with white wings. The level 30 quest wings or any Cash Shop wings eliminate the time restriction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Sheik
    Class: Bard
    Guild: Immortals
  • karma2
    karma2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    it's not a time restriction, it's an mp restriction placed upon elf archers. in PW-MY you loose 2MP per second. eventually you'll regenerate mp faster than you loose it. for elf priests there is no MP loss while flying.
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    karma2 wrote: »
    it's not a time restriction, it's an mp restriction placed upon elf archers. in PW-MY you loose 2MP per second. eventually you'll regenerate mp faster than you loose it. for elf priests there is no MP loss while flying.

Misleading. Priests suffer the same -2 regen penalty, but their int from after leveling past 1 makes the regen positive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • wavemaster
    wavemaster Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    so just add 2 int at begining to your EA, and u dont have to worry bout flying (since under lvl 30 u wont fly far) as with 7-8 int as EA u can fly bout 5mins for 100 mana, just have pots and u can fly long.....

AS for all wingkind they have skill that starts at lvl 9 and adds +0.2 speed to flying so at lvl 10 u have with basic wings +2.0 speed woch is good, but at 30 quest u get wings with basic speed at 0.5 and increased at 1.5, so with skill at lvl 10 u can get +2.5 max wich fly fastest wings fprm shop...(dunno if 3.0 will be added)
    RADIANCE Guild Marshal ---> only the best ;)
    [SIGPIC]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa228/hackor5/pwlowser.gif[/SIGPIC]
    Wave - Barbarian lvl 3x
  • ganshin
    ganshin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Thanks everyone! :oLast questions, can Priests cast magic while flying? can Archers upgrade their stat enough so they dont lose MP while flying? Does leveling up your flying skill at lvl 9+ increase how much MP flying uses? Thanks again.:p (I think that's the last of my questions) Hold on guys, just one more day!
    "Tell me something I dont know."
    "...without mucus your stomach would digest itself."
    b:embarrass
  • wavemaster
    wavemaster Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    yeah u can fight and cast while flying....

think 11 or 12 INt should be enough to do that, but thats 7 points not good given, just put 7-8 INt and u will loose MP very slowly.....and no skill does not affect cost of MP used for flying just increases your flight speed...

And flying costs 2MP/sec
    RADIANCE Guild Marshal ---> only the best ;)
    [SIGPIC]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa228/hackor5/pwlowser.gif[/SIGPIC]
    Wave - Barbarian lvl 3x
  • muad
    muad Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Thanks. That was informative, how about using the "hasten flying skill"/"accelerate" action, can we only fly faster after gaining the flying mastery?

though the current speed at lvl 4 is pretty slow.... I presume it gets a lot faster according to the earlier post..hopefully..
  • peregryn
    peregryn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    muad wrote: »
    Thanks. That was informative, how about using the "hasten flying skill"/"accelerate" action, can we only fly faster after gaining the flying mastery?

though the current speed at lvl 4 is pretty slow.... I presume it gets a lot faster according to the earlier post..hopefully..

Winged elf flight mastery only effects starter wings. Acceleration is only available on the flight devices gained at/after lvl 30. Devices at/after level 30 do NOT have a MP cost.
    Perhaps the greatest secret to getting along with others lies in learning to respect their opinion(s) even while you disagree with them.