A plea for civil behaviour on the last day of CB

Options
evilgeek
evilgeek Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
Theres not much going on within these forums in this section apart from general bickering between those being PK'ed and those defending their right to PK (RQ isn't the only PvP guild doing so, I've had experience of harrassment from other guilds).

During this closed beta phase none of us PvE players or players that only like PvP by consent have any choice, there is no PvE server until OB starts, what I would like to ask the PvP players is to remember that alot of us are on a PvP server because we simply had no choice, you PvP players may be having your fun but completely at the expence of PvE players who are neither geared up for nor skilled at PvP - It's like taking candy from a baby.

Would it be too much to ask that until OB starts and those of us that don't want a PvP game have their freedom to explore the beta respected? There are only hours left until the end of CB and I'm guessing there will be lots of players trtying to get their last few xp to get to lvl 40 for the free zen.

Is it too much to ask that PvP players who enjoy PK'ing the unsuspecting and unprepared show a little more respect until we get a PvE server tomorrow ?
Post edited by evilgeek on

Comments

• kitfox
    kitfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    evilgeek wrote: »
    Is it too much to ask that PvP players who enjoy PK'ing the unsuspecting and unprepared show a little more respect until we get a PvE server tomorrow ?

That's like asking a school bully to respect the geeks who will be his managers years from then.

As long as people can get their jollies from pushing buttons and making pixels change in a manner that is to their liking (In this case, killing another toon), they will.

Let them have their fun. Remember: They do it because they are incapable of having fun in other ways. Their deranged neurons require them to feel better by pushing buttons. Without it, they'd be nothing. While nothing would be a humane thing for them, honestly I find more value in laughing at their epeen waving PKishness and knowing the truth.
  • infrequentia
    infrequentia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Let them have their fun until OB starts. There's no way they're going to survive there. A lot of people didn't want to play CB and waited for OB. There's gonna be a ton more people and guilds when OB comes and I doubt RQ will have much of a chance. Especially as they already marked themselves as a PK guild from day one.
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Comon dude are u listening to urself? What kinda ridiculous thing to ask... Just bite down on a piece of wood or your keyboard and wait for OB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    evilgeek wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm from RageQuit and my IGN is Thonolan, i reached level 30 a long time ago and i haven't pk'd anyone as of yet as no one is yet to **** me off and i don't kill in malice. Most of the RageQuit guild members are not playing atm, only 3 of them who played CB have reached level 40, the others who are currently except that 3 are rushing their level to 40 for the prize.
    And these 3 are not always online. They don't pk random people... they just go after those that have a big mouth on the world chat ^_~

There exist only three beings worthy of respect: the priest, the soldier, the poet. To know, to kill, to create.

Ragequit is a guild that was formed only for pk and nothing less or more. But wishes can be granted when asked...
    Wish you a happy and pkless last CB day.

Thank you for reading,
    ~ RQ member
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • irbis
    irbis Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    kitfox wrote: »
    That's like asking a school bully to respect the geeks who will be his managers years from then.

As long as people can get their jollies from pushing buttons and making pixels change in a manner that is to their liking (In this case, killing another toon), they will.

Let them have their fun. Remember: They do it because they are incapable of having fun in other ways. Their deranged neurons require them to feel better by pushing buttons. Without it, they'd be nothing. While nothing would be a humane thing for them, honestly I find more value in laughing at their epeen waving PKishness and knowing the truth.
    i love you.
    Hello,

I'm from RageQuit and my IGN is Thonolan, i reached level 30 a long time ago and i haven't pk'd anyone as of yet as no one is yet to **** me off and i don't kill in malice. Most of the RageQuit guild members are not playing atm, only 3 of them who played CB have reached level 40, the others who are currently except that 3 are rushing their level to 40 for the prize.
    And these 3 are not always online. They don't pk random people... they just go after those that have a big mouth on the world chat ^_~

There exist only three beings worthy of respect: the priest, the soldier, the poet. To know, to kill, to create.

Ragequit is a guild that was formed only for pk and nothing less or more. But wishes can be granted when asked...

Thank you for reading,
    ~ RQ member
    =) and thats one of that many reasons i want this whining about RQ to end... people most of the times lack of noticing that few bad apples doesnt equal to whole busket to be rotten. and evenm that "rotten" is not the whole truth. world/life is rarely black/white.
    and thx for new sig =D
    There exist only three beings worthy of respect:
    the priest, the soldier, the poet.
    To know, to kill, to create.
    -severan
  • severan
    edited September 2008
    Options
    irbis wrote: »
    =) and thats one of that many reasons i want this whining about RQ to end... people most of the times lack of noticing that few bad apples doesnt equal to whole busket to be rotten. and evenm that "rotten" is not the whole truth. world/life is rarely black/white.
    and thx for new sig =D
    hehe Anyday ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • evilgeek
    evilgeek Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    severan wrote: »
    Hello,

Thank you for reading,
    ~ RQ member

Thankyou for that :-)

RQ seems to be taking all the blame, but I know for a fact that other guilds have more than their fair share of PK happy people who are quite happily running around hitting on anyone in quest zones.
    lipe124 wrote: »
    Comon dude are u listening to urself? What kinda ridiculous thing to ask... Just bite down on a piece of wood or your keyboard and wait for OB.

If you don't ask you don't get :) and the fact that people are needing to dinge 40 prior to the end of CB was why I didnt keep it shut, it's not a ridiculous thing to ask as the reply from severan was very much a positive. Thing is I know that not all PvP are epeen swinging selfish people, there are many respectful people, just like severan, who play PvP and would be quite happy to listen to a reasoned plea to let the PvE players, who have no choice but to be on a PvP server, get on with trying on a fair playing field to get that xp and ultimately if they can the free zen for OB.
  • darknin
    darknin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    severan wrote: »
    Hello,

Thank you for reading,
    ~ RQ member

can i **** you off its always been my dream:D?
  • evrilysis
    evrilysis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    It's the last day of Closed Beta.

Everyone knows what happens on the last day of Closed Beta.

Need I say more?

On a side note, my shower broke yesterday and my head is extremely itchy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darknin
    darknin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    evrilysis wrote: »
    It's the last day of Closed Beta.

Everyone knows what happens on the last day of Closed Beta.

Need I say more?

On a side note, my shower broke yesterday and my head is extremely itchy.

poor thing?
  • evrilysis
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Yeah.

My shower head actually fell off and hit me.

I've got a pretty big bruise on my chest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arionette
    arionette Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options

XD You are so right
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Yeah.

My shower head actually fell off and hit me.

I've got a pretty big bruise on my chest.

Thats not bad, one time I tried to do a backflip while I was taking a shower and hit my head on the wall:(

sealed~
  • evrilysis
    edited September 2008
    Options

My deranged neurons think you're another carebear we rolled.

My epeen grows exponentially as soon as people like you start posting, as does RQ's publicity.

Seriously, the attention, the threads covering half of the guild section, the random posts, thank you, we love you all. But I'm pretty sure everyone knows who we are now. No more advertising is necessary. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • danubus37
    danubus37 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Just wanted to say I wish everyone both pvp and pve'ers all the best in OB and I hope you all enjoy the game in the coming months. Maybe sometime in the future both sides of the coin will actually come together as a community and PWI will benefit from it.
  • evrilysis
    edited September 2008
    Options
    The two sides of a coin are melted together. It's just one piece of metal. I don't know what you're talking about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • irbis
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Evril.. please =\
    -severan
  • evrilysis
    edited September 2008
    Options
    ICanHasACookie?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kitfox
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Amusing... The little thing doesn't know when the appellations being placed on it are connotatively derogatory.

I never fail to gain happiness from people like that.

"Look at me! I want attention!" they say. Infamy has been accomplished. Most folks know the difference between "Famous" and "Infamous".

Make me laugh more RQ. I guarentee you that my laughing at you is much more satisfying than any false chuckles you can have at me.

(For those who have said "I am RQ and I didn't do anything bad!": Remember that in a guild, the misactions of a few paint the whole guild in a bad light. Don't want to be grouped with the no-cool kids? Don't be in the guild.)
  • irbis
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Amusing... The little thing doesn't know when the appellations being placed on it are connotatively derogatory.

"Look at me! I want attention!" they say. Infamy has been accomplished. Most folks know the difference between "Famous" and "Infamous".

Make me laugh more RQ. I guarentee you that my laughing at you is much more satisfying than any false chuckles you can have at me.

(For those who have said "I am RQ and I didn't do anything bad!": Remember that in a guild, the misactions of a few paint the whole guild in a bad light. Don't want to be grouped with the no-cool kids? Don't be in the guild.)
    can you guys please STFU? -_- i am sick, tired, anoyed of that RQ rant. i DONT CARE what you think about them. wanna make the whole planet hear you rant? go and buy a satelite with big "RQ sux" poster, or paint similiar text up your a$$ and go run nwith it aked on olympics in china so the whole freaking world will see your a$$-poster cuz this preety much describes your mental obsessios about RQ. RQ-phobia. BUT dont turn any new topic that is made into flame fiesta.
    jesus, freaking noobs was bored an started to read what bias people write on world chat and now blaam he come and post NEW timeswasting post about how much he/she hates RQ. if you freaking maniacs are so turned on and obssesed becuz of RQ, if theres nothing more cool, funny, interesting in you reality then ranting about them - seriusly
    GO GET A LIFE
    cuz you obviusly lack of one.
    -severan
  • kitfox
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Don't like the rant? Don't read it. Otherwise you're just ranting about the ranters and making yourself into quite the hipocrite.

This thread originally started out as a plea from somebody for PKers to tone it down and let people have fun on the last day of CB. Some PKers said "Yeah, I will", and some PKers said "Hahaha! No. DIE!!!"

Overall it's a messy situation. All of this mess hasn't been started by the PvE'ers, who are in the majority according to the survey. This mess hasnt been started by "All of RQ" either, since there are some folks in the guild who dislike the bad name given to them by the abusers.

This mess has been started by the abusers. The PKers who have taken PKing to an excessive level. The people who are harassing other players.

Mods and Admins: PKing is part of the game. When it becomes harassment by a few people of a lot of people, it suddenly explodes into this mess. Do you support this type of harassment? Do you intend to continue to allow it? If so, expect this kind of forum mess and overall bad situaion to happen often.

They don't joke that you can lose many level 30 players who would normally end up paying a lot in the future just because one level 60 player decides to hang out and maul them repeatedly. Best to disallow and take action again PvP harassment and potentially lose one player to a ban than to lose all the others. Especially since when you psychologically profile that one player you're banning, you discover that the urge to come back under a new account an spend much more money to level another toon ASAP and return to their prior actions is very high.

That makes the company win in all ways. The infamous killer toon is gone (But will be reborn soon). Dozens of smaller players are happy and pay money. The player who was banned lost all money put in to harass, which is now free for the company, so starts over and spend three times as much to get built back up to harass again. It's a standard policy in MMOG management these days and is part of official training in some advanced areas.
  • falcus
    falcus Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I have played this on the MY server (lag central) and the German server. The so called PK guilds are in the end hunted beaten down and abandoned in disgrace.

These losers are victims of their own stupidity and Having been involved with hunting them and reducing them to whimpering begging Pathetic little nubcakes. I can tell you the more they cause trouble, the sweeter it is when they pack up and crawl away.

Once the true guilds of decent minded players become established, the less influence these wanna be thugs have upon game play. So if you are giving second thought to joining the OB because you wish to Play in a more established, Stable environment. Rest assured their are those of us whom take pride in being the enforcers of right and Justice that will be on from day one to clear and make your experience in PW one that you will cherish.

It would also be a good time to mention the importance of belonging to a decent guild. While you may not be able to contribute right away, any decent guild will protect "ALL" of it's members from any such attacks.

Looking forward to meeting you all in game

IGN: ******* (encrypted to prevent some nubcake from stealing or closely copying it in game)
  • irbis
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Don't like the rant? Don't read it. Otherwise you're just ranting about the ranters and making yourself into quite the hipocrite.
    and then you swim in freaking out about RQ that RQ this - as always. lemme do the math for you as your overgrow ego propably rate basic stuff "unwourthy":
    like 100+ ppl do theextact thing you did till now.
    theres like 10+ topic about that
    like someone noticed "threads about RQ" consist 13% of the whole PWI forum
    you really think your ONE drop is soooo unique that you just HAD TO posted it?
    you are like a guy who get worked becuz he got pamela anderson naked pics. well geee void-head, like 3billions people had them.
    this discussion was going somewhere, really. but noooo some life-less idiot just had to throw in some of his briliant ideas.
    i am not ranting, i am - literaly- telling you to STFU. which part you are unable to understand?
    you know who common people are the most tired of? not RQ members, but RQ - haters.
    like you are on some kind of freaking cursade. go find your own "Palestina".
    if you havent noticed Dark Ages ended quite some time ago.
    -severan
  • finasoa
    finasoa Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I wish people would stop complaining that they 'had no choice' but to play PvP.

You had a choice...you either play or you don't play. If you don't like it...don't play.

Why play something you don't like. You went into a PvP server not liking PvP...did you expect to enjoy it?

That's like not wanting to spill water on the floor, but then taking a cup of water and dumping it on the floor...then complaining about it.

If you aren't gonna like it don't do it.

I, myself, do not really enjoy PKing, but I knew that I played I would get PKed and I haven't whined once about it on the forums. Why? Cause I knew it would happen and I accepted that.

Since I don't really enjoy killing other players I'll be on PvE.

I also barely PKed anyone until the event today where I stacked up 30 hours of infamousy in about 10 minutes. I did it for the lulz.

If you want PK play PvP. If you don't want PK play PvE with a blue name. If you want PK but to be able to quest in peace when you desire play PvE with a white name and turn it on/off when you want.

You go onto a PvP server well knowing that PK is possible. So when it happens just accept it or don't play at all.
  • temptation
    temptation Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    To the above poster man u need get u head out ur ****, the PVE,er had no choice to play on a pvp server, yes we joined knowing its a pvp server, but it dosen't mean to say u gotta gank us every 5 mins , just casue u like pvp dosen't mean to say everyone does, why can't u pvpers stick to ur own kind and go abuse each other, instead of griefing ppl who just want try the game and see if they like it, then move to pve server when its online.
    The whole world dosen't revolve around pvp or pve it's a balance, u ppl just dont know what that balance is, you know fine well what a pvp tard is,casue he in colours on his name, so it dosent mean to say u got gank every white named player about unless ther infamous in char name,so i say to above poster u need get a chech on ur actions and reactions and rember we not all like u small minded pvp what a joy no lifers.
    As a result of the actions of the forced pve and pvp to one server so many ppl will just think no ta leave game the server pop drops the game gets taken off the server leaving only the pvp griefers to blame.
    Well done you can kill another player, who probably lower undergeared to yourself only way u dare pvp when stacked in ur favor, which equates to puppy or a lion hmm the puppy safer i kill that mentality, dosent make u leet or a big man just sad and u should go play wow where its a balance and u need skills and not just i am bigger than u attitude so like it or lump it. i relise tommorw when i s all pkers on pve server u not get into my pve groups and be stuck on ur own wondering why. enjoy
    Ps did u not wonder why the event got moved aswell, yep u guessed it pker,s yet again forceing pve ppl out of the area and not enjoying the event as what what planned by GM.
  • evrilysis
    edited September 2008
    Options
    temptation wrote: »
    To the above poster man u need get u head out ur ****, the PVE,er had no choice to play on a pvp server, yes we joined knowing its a pvp server, but it dosen't mean to say u gotta gank us every 5 mins , just casue u like pvp dosen't mean to say everyone does, why can't u pvpers stick to ur own kind and go abuse each other, instead of griefing ppl who just want try the game and see if they like it, then move to pve server when its online.
    The whole world dosen't revolve around pvp or pve it's a balance, u ppl just dont know what that balance is, you know fine well what a pvp tard is,casue he in colours on his name, so it dosent mean to say u got gank every white named player about unless ther infamous in char name,so i say to above poster u need get a chech on ur actions and reactions and rember we not all like u small minded pvp what a joy no lifers.
    As a result of the actions of the forced pve and pvp to one server so many ppl will just think no ta leave game the server pop drops the game gets taken off the server leaving only the pvp griefers to blame.
    Well done you can kill another player, who probably lower undergeared to yourself only way u dare pvp when stacked in ur favor, which equates to puppy or a lion hmm the puppy safer i kill that mentality, dosent make u leet or a big man just sad and u should go play wow where its a balance and u need skills and not just i am bigger than u attitude so like it or lump it. i relise tommorw when i s all pkers on pve server u not get into my pve groups and be stuck on ur own wondering why. enjoy
    Ps did u not wonder why the event got moved aswell, yep u guessed it pker,s yet again forceing pve ppl out of the area and not enjoying the event as what what planned by GM.

-Everyone has a choice. You could easily not play CB at all.

-Finasoa clearly said that he/she does not enjoy PKing at all.

-If you don't like PvP/PK go play PvE. It's that simple. It's like right and left.

-You think before you do something. There are consequences for all your actions. You had the option of playing the PvP server during CB or not playing at all. You chose to play. You got PKed. Deal with it.

-We're not talking about the world, we're talking about PWI. PvE server is for PvE+Optional PK and PvP server is for PvE+PK.

-Again at you flaming Finasoa, he/she said that he/she didn't enjoy PKing. Did. Not. Enjoy. Think before you type and spell check before you post.

-Fix your Engrish. It's nearly impossible to comprehend what you're trying to post.

-If people leave the game because they got PKed on a PvP server during Closed Beta then the Internet is probably not the place for them. I hope they enjoy the Real World.

-If you're QQing about people leaving because of PKers and trying to tie that to loss in income for the company, you're wrong. Without PKers the demand for heiros, dolls, binding items, mounts, flying devices, crafting items, pets and other assorted cash shop items would not be sold, reducing the money that the company makes.

-Yes some people will PK others that are under-geared or well under their level. So what? Get good or get lost.

And to sum up this post, IF YOU DON'T LIKE BEING PKed ROLL YOUR CHARACTER ON THE PvE SERVER. STOP QQing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • severan
    edited September 2008
    Options
    darknin wrote: »
    can i **** you off its always been my dream:D?
    you can give it a try, everyone is welcome to try and **** me off ;)

I said "I've yet to kill someone" honestly, I'm a hardcore PVP player. I'm just sitting PK out for this CB because there are PVE folks rolled on this server and I'm doing them a favor. If you are asking me WHY I'm doing this then here is a simple reply that will make you stfu for a while till my blades meet your bone "I want attention"
    I'm a RQ member and I love it. I wouldn't trade all this "attention" from QQing little players for anything in this game :)

oh and about RQ being cool or not cool... w/e RQ is about PVP and PK not cool or uncool :rolleyes:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• evrilysis
    edited September 2008
    Options
    God dammit I want some mofoing drama.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • severan
    edited September 2008
    Options
    God dammit I want some mofoing drama.
    too bad they don't sell it in cash shop xD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• evrilysis
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I would pump hundreds of dollars into the item mall.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]