graphics are messed up :(

stalkess
stalkess Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Support Desk
I just installed and register, everything went well but now when I start, I can't see much...
it's like if there is no texture, I can see some sort of 3d pattern but can't read much since everything is like multicolored, what should I do?
My graphic card is a Gforce4 so it should be ok, I'm able to play other games like d2 with it.
thx for replying :)

here's a screenshot.

pwibugcolorht2.th.png
Post edited by stalkess on

Comments

• godcrusher
    godcrusher Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Try changing the resolution to something smaller, maybe a larger pic but that does look messed up o.o
  • stalkess
    edited August 2008
    I'll try the resolution drop.
    This pic is the logging page... lol
  • stalkess
    edited August 2008
    nope, it's not the resolution :(
    And before someone ask, I have update activeX and my graphic card with the 2 links in the dl page of this site.
  • godcrusher
    godcrusher Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Try changing the settings around in the graphic option?
  • darknin
    darknin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    if that doesnt work re-download the client, and scan your computer for a virus or something
  • stalkess
    edited August 2008
    what kind of options should I change?
    I wouldn't want to worsen the thing >.<
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I know a guy who only had that problem with UT2004... no idea what the problem was.

Normally I'd say your card is dead/damaged somehow, but it could just be bad drivers.
    Do other 3d games do this? D2 is very dated and not 3d.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • stalkess
    edited August 2008
    oh no, I do hope it's not dead :(
    I've updated it so it ain't the drivers...
    Actually your right, d2 is old and when I put setting to direct 3d it doesn't work at all!
    ... so you might be right.
    I don't have other 3d game apart starcraft witch is the same thing as diablo in term of graphics so it won't help much.

On a side note, I SOMEhow managed to create a basic caracter and enter the game... I couldn't go much farther than that tho x_X

Here's the screenshot.. enlarged this time.

ingameyt6.png
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    If other 3d games don't work then it's probably safe to say you need a new card.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • fez
    fez Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    try like 2 year old nvidia drivers and then if they work start coming up with them till you get the broken screen. May help.
  • stalkess
    edited August 2008
    yes Ren, you were absolutely right ^^
    My card was broken... By chance I had one spare... a better one actually xD
    ... Don't ask, it's like that.
    Anyhow, it is now working so I don't know how theses forums works but if the mods have to "pit" the threads when they are useless, I think now's the time.
    Thx again for all your reply :)
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    stalkess wrote: »
    yes Ren, you were absolutely right ^^
    My card was broken... By chance I had one spare... a better one actually xD
    ... Don't ask, it's like that.
    Anyhow, it is now working so I don't know how theses forums works but if the mods have to "pit" the threads when they are useless, I think now's the time.
    Thx again for all your reply :)

atm :P I think we only have one mod, but I also think they dont really remove the threads at least I am not sure. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • stalkess
    edited September 2008
    seems like that since it's still there :P

but now, I have another prob, when I use the optimize button in the settings, my pc... restart, it won't handle it :(
    It's supposed to handle it, it's not like I was putting everything to the max.
    And still, I reckon I should LAG before my pc crash lol
  • ren
    edited September 2008
    If the other card you put in is ati and agp, this helped a lot of people:

uninstall drivers
    start in safe mode, run driver sweeper to remove leftover drivers
    start in normal, install catalyst 7.7
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stalkess
    edited September 2008
    yes it's an ATI.
    My Catalyst version is 8.8 tho... better than 7.7 I guess.
    By uninstalling my drivers you mean uninstall everything *ATI* in add/remove programs?
    How to get driver sweeper? It is just something I can dl freely on the net?

Btw, by lowering ALL the options to the minimum and disabling everything I could, it was working fine (ugly but fine)... until thoses Wraiths invaded the town, then it was just too much and my pc restarted again -.-;...
  • hondacl350
    hondacl350 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    i have another game for you to try it is close to WoW and it is free. http://shaiya.aeriagames.com/download, go to that link and you also have to create a login. It will be a good test if it works reload PW if it dont buy a new VC. Good Luck....
  • ren
    edited September 2008
    stalkess wrote: »
    yes it's an ATI.
    My Catalyst version is 8.8 tho... better than 7.7 I guess.
    By uninstalling my drivers you mean uninstall everything *ATI* in add/remove programs?
    How to get driver sweeper? It is just something I can dl freely on the net?
    Driver sweeper is free, http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/
    It's recommended to clean your drivers fully when upgrading drivers, especially if going from nvidia < > ati or to 3rd party driver mods since conflicts causing stability issues may arise. Usually just uninstalling will suffice if it's just an upgrade.

PW will not work with an agp ati card using 8.8 drivers due to introduced bug, try the 7.7.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.