Double EXP from log off time

Options
c453m4573r
c453m4573r Posts: 141 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Suggestion Box
Ok, this is already being done in WoW, but I think Perfect World could benefit from it.

Let's say one person is busy for the day and cannot play PW, but his guildmates spent the say leveling. You would think that the others would stay ahead of that guy, but when he gets back on, he will have an hour of 2X EXP for every full day he didn't play.

This will give people who don't play as much a chance to catch up to people who play a lot.:D I know it would help me. I won't get to play a lot.
Post edited by c453m4573r on

Comments

• taurion
    taurion Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    so you suggest that someone has to play 10h a day when someone can get the same exp in 5h?
    its a bit unfair...
  • c453m4573r
    c453m4573r Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    taurion wrote: »
    so you suggest that someone has to play 10h a day when someone can get the same exp in 5h?
    its a bit unfair...

Yeah, but then to get 5 hours of double EXP, the other guy would have to be off Perfect World for five days. So it's still quite balanced.

24hours of downtime = 1hour of doubleXP
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    You're not forced to pay a fee to play this game, so there should be no compensation for not logging in for a period of time.

There is no incentive for PWI to offer this, sorry.
  • sunisia
    sunisia Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I played a game called Shards of Dalaya they had a thing were u could join a Exp party. This is were if your group played but you did not you would not get left behind. how this worked is the exp was still split as though you were in the group because in a scene you still are but all your exp was stored in a ban so when you logged in you would get it. and if you played but a member of your exp group did not the would get there exp when they logged in.

but you had to be within 5 lvls of each other to form this party so you could not cheat and have a lvl 70 grinding exp and fat leveling a level .

you could leave this exp group at anytime and join another.

I hope i explained it well enough for everyone to get the idea of what i was talking about.
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Although your idea may be nice, this is not EQII and the PWI dev team did not make any mistakes for us to earn this double exp time. Maintenance for CB closing is part of what needs to be done to open OB. Double exp has no relevance here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • sunisia
    sunisia Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sikozu wrote: »
    Although your idea may be nice, this is not EQII and the PWI dev team did not make any mistakes for us to earn this double exp time. Maintenance for CB closing is part of what needs to be done to open OB. Double exp has no relevance here.

who said that the DEV team made a mistake. I also know this is not EQII (thank god it aint for if it was i would not play it)

But this is the suggestion area and that is what i did weather it be good or bad it was a suggestion. some may like my idea and some will hate it. but if the DEV's did not want game suggestion then they should not have added this section to the forums

Thank you for your time
    Sunisia
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    c453m4573r wrote: »
    Ok, this is already being done in WoW, but I think Perfect World could benefit from it.

Let's say one person is busy for the day and cannot play PW, but his guildmates spent the say leveling. You would think that the others would stay ahead of that guy, but when he gets back on, he will have an hour of 2X EXP for every full day he didn't play.

This will give people who don't play as much a chance to catch up to people who play a lot.:D I know it would help me. I won't get to play a lot.
    They make money from XP scrolls, it'll never happen.
  • mrslouth
    mrslouth Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i think it is great idea but will never happen as embl3m said they are mmaking money for xp scrolls (i will be so low but everyone else be like level 60!)
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I like the idea of you staying in the party even when ur not logged in and still getting exp. I wish they can do that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • shadowninja
    shadowninja Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    wud be a good idea especialy 4 peeps who go boarding skl and stuff
  • direscythe
    direscythe Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    c453m4573r wrote: »

Yes I loved this about WOW even still I felt bad paying $15/mo when I am a working man most of the time. I would appreciate this as well - would keep players from leaving their character out on the battlefield causing lag where we don't need it. It would be perfect if they implemented this feature.
  • direscythe
    direscythe Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    embl3m wrote: »
    They make money from XP scrolls, it'll never happen.

Paying for those XP scrolls is just absurd - I know they gotta make money some how but this just ruins the game for most people including the one with the XP boost - may cut their time enjoying the game in half.
  • darknin
    darknin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    direscythe wrote: »
    Paying for those XP scrolls is just absurd - I know they gotta make money some how but this just ruins the game for most people including the one with the XP boost - may cut their time enjoying the game in half.

yeah maplestory makes you buy XP scrolls so you can level way faster then other people who have to grind fest and have no social life:(
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    direscythe wrote: »

Tons of **** ruins this game to some point but you dont see me complaining.

Heiros, dolls, ect ect