Perfect World and Nhancer

Options
robertjanvaneijk
robertjanvaneijk Posts: 129 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
Does someone knows if Nhancer will increase the graphics of PW when using max settings? Because it works on almost all other mmorpg's.
Post edited by robertjanvaneijk on

Comments

• robertjanvaneijk
    edited August 2008
    Options
    To the Admin: Am I able to use Nhancer to optimise my graphics? Or will my account be deleted when I use it?
  • kitfox
    kitfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    nHancer is simply a graphics card setting control panel. It does not do anything that gives you an advantage in the game, nor does it modify the game files. It simply changes graphics card settings to improve the rendering quality of the display. As such, I can see no reason that it would be bannable.
  • robertjanvaneijk
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kitfox wrote: »
    nHancer is simply a graphics card setting control panel. It does not do anything that gives you an advantage in the game, nor does it modify the game files. It simply changes graphics card settings to improve the rendering quality of the display. As such, I can see no reason that it would be bannable.

K thanks. Is the next use possible with PW:

Supersampling or Combinated (whats best?)
    32xS
    Echanced ingame-AA settings: ON
    Gamma correction: ON (what does it do in PW?)
    Super Transparency AA
    AF: 16x
    V-sync: ON
    Force Open GL- Tribble Buffering: ON

Texture Filtering: High Quality
    Trilinear Optimization: ON
    Aniso. Sample Optimization: ON
    Negative Lod bias:....(what is it? and what does it do in PW?)

Force Mip Maps:....(what is it? and what does it do in PW?)
    HDR: On

Is it possible to use all those max settings or will the game crash? Or are there more things I could enable or make higher for better grphics? (I have a very fast pc so I could play all max)
  • cellie
    cellie Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    K thanks. Is the next use possible with PW:

Supersampling or Combinated (whats best?)
    Supersampling gets best quality, Combined gets best performance

Gamma correction: ON (what does it do in PW?)
    Makes anti-aliased edges look better (smoother).

Force Mip Maps:....(what is it? and what does it do in PW?)
    Mip map is a version of a texture with a lower resolution and it's used to prevent shimmering when the object is not 1:1 on your screen, meaning that it's quality has been degraded because of distance.

Negative Lod bias:....(what is it? and what does it do in PW?)
    Allow for best performance, Clamp for best quality (when using anisotrophic filtering). Level of Detail BIAS controls the distance where the lower resolution mipmaps are used, thus negative LOD makes the image look sharper from a longer distance, but again, it can cause shimmering.

Is it possible to use all those max settings or will the game crash? Or are there more things I could enable or make higher for better grphics? (I have a very fast pc so I could play all max)
    Sure, why not, I have a 2 years old comp (wasn't top notch even then) and it can run the game with everything maxed (I hate bloom effect, so that's not on) and I have a decent FPS in places that don't have alot of players in one place, use ingame option 'sight' to further improve FPS when playing with maxed settings, as it only controls the distance where static objects & terrain starts to show up.

Meepy meep.
  • robertjanvaneijk
    edited August 2008
    Options
    cellie wrote: »
    Meepy meep.

Tanks, Im sure that this will improve the graphics almost 100% :P
  • robertjanvaneijk
    edited September 2008
    Options
    If i use Nhancer do I just need to create a profile with that name, place the perfect world.exe in the map, change the settings to the above and start the game with the pictogram on my desktop or..? Do i need to start it through Nhancer or so..?
  • robertjanvaneijk
    edited September 2008
    Options
    What file do i need to put in executables when i made the perfect world profile? launcher.exe, patcher.exe or elementclient.exe? please reply quick so i could use it :P
  • poison
    poison Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    What file do i need to put in executables when i made the perfect world profile? launcher.exe, patcher.exe or elementclient.exe? please reply quick so i could use it :P

elementclient.exe
    pwi-client.jpg
    Notice it's the one hogging all the 4th core & ram.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • robertjanvaneijk
    edited September 2008
    Options
    poison wrote: »
    elementclient.exe
    pwi-client.jpg
    Notice it's the one hogging all the 4th core & ram.

So I only neeed to create a map named perfect world and use the elementclient.exe and enabling the best things to use it or...?

BTW: Will the following setup give the best effect/graphics or could something better?

Supersampling 4x4
    32xS
    Echanced ingame-AA settings: ON
    Gamma correction: ON
    Super Transparency AA
    AF: 16x
    V-sync: ON
    Force Open GL- Tribble Buffering: ON
    Texture Filtering: High Quality
    Trilinear Optimization: ON
    Aniso. Sample Optimization: ON
    Negative Lod bias: Clamp
    Force Mip Maps: Trillianair
    HDR: On (on or off? will it give better look and graphics when using?)

Thanks a lot!
  • poison
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I just set mine up in the Nvidia control panel, but it's very similar to what I did. I'm not sure if HDR will make a difference seeing as how PW doesn't use it. It's only lighting effects anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • robertjanvaneijk
    edited September 2008
    Options
    poison wrote: »
    I just set mine up in the Nvidia control panel, but it's very similar to what I did. I'm not sure if HDR will make a difference seeing as how PW doesn't use it. It's only lighting effects anyway.

What do you mean with setting up in the Nvidea control panel?
  • poison
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Most of what you are setting up in Nhancer is in the default Nvidia control panel in the Advanced 3D section. Nhancer just makes it easier to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]