Looks weird to me.

Options
ninnjette
ninnjette Posts: 19 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Support Desk
I have a pretty good computer. I can play vanguard and WOW all on high graphic's settings. I have alot of ram and a good video card. Don't get me wrong im not complaining about perfectworld, was just wondering if the graphics were alittle ruff to anyone else? I maxed everything out on the settings. Is there somewhere that i missed to make the graphics look better? Or is that just how it is? Awesome game though. Thanks in advance.
Post edited by ninnjette on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The game was developed for the hardware that was out at the time, about 4 years or so ago.

I think they look pretty darn good.

Of course, I like to run games with some of the settings really low so I can have quicker animations and have less of a memory footprint on my system while the game is running.;)
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • ninnjette
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Ohh i didn't know the game was about 4 years old. Thanks darth :)
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yeah, it has been out in China for like 4 year+ or so, and has been licensed to many regions worldwide. 35 million players globally. Most of them are in China though ;)
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • ryiah
    ryiah Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    First off, let me clarify one thing. It may be wrong, but Wikipedia claims the game's release date was July 2005. If we go by release date, the game is only three years old and not four.

That aside, I'll start by saying the graphics are very impressive making decent use of shaders for effects like bloom without overdoing it. The engine is clearly optimized well as can be seen by the fact that I can play with 16xQ antialiasing at 1440 by 900 with a video card that is considered to be a budget-level card even at the time of release (a GeForce 8600GTS with 256MB memory) with only minor reduction of frame rate. It isn't until I switch on supersampling (antialiasing setting that enhances transparent textures) at the 16xQ level that the game actually starts to get jumpy.

The graphics were definitely one of the big things that attracted me to the game.
  • constintine
    constintine Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    imo PerfectWorld has amazing graphics for being 3-4years old. From a far distance everything looks lush and beautiful its only when you get close to somethings that it looks rough but thats my opinion. Im also running everything on max settings with 16xQ AA except im running mine in Window mode but if I wanted to I can run it in 1680/1050 Widescreen with very little FPS lost
  • ninnjette
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Constintine thats what im talking about. Maybe i didn't explain it very well. When i zoom in to look at my char shes's kinda choppy looking. I've only played a few games and that never happened. Was just wondering if i over looked something in the settings or if it's just the game. Thanks!
  • godcrusher
    godcrusher Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Did you try putting everything on max? Can you take a few screenshots? IMO, the character isn't as great as it can be, probably due to the high customization, but the scenario at maxed is very impressive, (Except for the trees :x) It may even be better than some games out today.
  • ninnjette
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yea Godcrusher i put everything on max. This is my 1st time playing PW and thought maybe i over looked somewhere that has extra settings. I think the npc's and the enviroment looks awesome, but the chars are the only thing that looks kinda "eh" to me. But i really like the fact that there's a ton of hair styles and looks for the chars.
  • godcrusher
    godcrusher Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ninnjette wrote: »
    Yea Godcrusher i put everything on max. This is my 1st time playing PW and thought maybe i over looked somewhere that has extra settings. I think the npc's and the enviroment looks awesome, but the chars are the only thing that looks kinda "eh" to me. But i really like the fact that there's a ton of hair styles and looks for the chars.

I guess there's nothing else, guess that's the price to good customization. Now you mention it, it does look weird to me >.>
This discussion has been closed.