Npc Names

Options
nounours
nounours Posts: 453
edited August 2008 in Suggestion Box
hey guys, i dunno what you others think, ut npc names are how to say... too strange?
I mean "Mu", "Lo", ect; i dont realy find them super original. And the true is that it disturbs me, i mean the whole game has new names, like blademaster and wizard wich doesnt realy match with npc names. I would sugest some better names, cool names...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• wargasm
    wargasm Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    npc are really called like that? lol i wish i received my cb key :P
    :DBFME2 on PW (Oracle lv 89WB+lv 71EP):D
    wargasm1 on FFR rank top 200/1.5 million players
    :):p:)TO JOIN PVE GUILD PM ME:):p:)
    ===============================
    Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie? Or are you gonna bite?
  • jakelton
    jakelton Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Dude, I totally agree. I mean, even if the makers created a board for "Creative NPC Names! We might choose yours!" that allowed members to enter their ideas for NPC names and the makers could just scroll through and pick out random ones that sounded cool and use them, that would be better. They could even have a small bonus or something for the member, like avi's of the NPC they named or something. =P I know if they did that I'd be submitting a couple hundred names. XD But that would actually be the problem with that idea. People would go out and copy a massive name list on the internet and post it which would ruin the point. Oh well for that idea. Well, I shall post it so others can add to it and make it better if they think of anything. =P
    This is me, Jake Kelton. Send me a private message if you recognize this username. I've been around and think of myself as somewhat known. :p Still trying to log in, but hopefully that should be remedied soon and I will join you all online. See you soon!
  • destruction
    destruction Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    No...
    Their name is from the Chinese Piying...
    Don't like it?
    Don't Play...
    This IS a Chinese game, you know?
  • jakelton
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hmmm, really? I didn't know it was originally a Chinese game. Logical guess or assumption, but still.

But I do want to add, this is Perfect World /International/. Not Perfect World Chinese. So, if the game is to attract people from around the world (obviously English speaking people unless they have the game translated into other languages for other people), they might want to consider changing the names to names recognized by a larger audience than just those they are used to. Names like "Lo", "Mi", and "Pi" are not the norm. for most people. Though that "Pi" name would be pretty cool.... 3.141592653589793833... or something like that. XD Sorry, couldn't resist. ^.^
    This is me, Jake Kelton. Send me a private message if you recognize this username. I've been around and think of myself as somewhat known. :p Still trying to log in, but hopefully that should be remedied soon and I will join you all online. See you soon!
  • destruction
    edited August 2008
    Options
    jakelton wrote: »
    Hmmm, really? I didn't know it was originally a Chinese game. Logical guess or assumption, but still.

But I do want to add, this is Perfect World /International/. Not Perfect World Chinese. So, if the game is to attract people from around the world (obviously English speaking people unless they have the game translated into other languages for other people), they might want to consider changing the names to names recognized by a larger audience than just those they are used to. Names like "Lo", "Mi", and "Pi" are not the norm. for most people. Though that "Pi" name would be pretty cool.... 3.141592653589793833... or something like that. XD Sorry, couldn't resist. ^.^

Tell me this...
    Who, in Ancient China, would be named NPC Mike, or John, or Jay, or...
    You get the idea...
    It was on the website somewhere too...
  • jakelton
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Tell me this...
    Who, in Ancient China, would be named NPC Mike, or John, or Jay, or...
    You get the idea...
    It was on the website somewhere too...

So wait, this Perfect World is supposed to represent Ancient China? Not just, another world called Perfect World?

And I still think that my point that this is supposed to be International, not designed for only Chinese, and so the names should at least somewhat represent that. Like, maybe a few Chinese names, some Spanish, and some American or whatever. Like, a little of everything so everyone feels as if a little piece of their culture is expressed in the game... =/

Just an opinion...
  • sile
    sile Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The names ARE kinda hard to remember as they are currently. :/
    I miss the buff tiger-werebeast guard named Heather from PW-MY. XD
  • destruction
    edited August 2008
    Options
    jakelton wrote: »
    So wait, this Perfect World is supposed to represent Ancient China? Not just, another world called Perfect World?

And I still think that my point that this is supposed to be International, not designed for only Chinese, and so the names should at least somewhat represent that. Like, maybe a few Chinese names, some Spanish, and some American or whatever. Like, a little of everything so everyone feels as if a little piece of their culture is expressed in the game... =/

Just an opinion...
    In the beginning of time, the first God of the universe, Pan Gu, lived an immortal life.

Pan Gu is a Chinese God.
    The Structure ingame is VERY similar to Ancient China.
    There are Chinese text there and here...
    There are Chinese text in the emoticons.
    And GMs explained that the names are from Piying...
    So it won't seem out of place, in Ancient China.
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    No...
    Their name is from the Chinese Piying...
    Don't like it?
    Don't Play...
    This IS a Chinese game, you know?

I agree completely. Broaden your horizons people!
  • anyandrell
    anyandrell Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well I might say myself that if it's so very Chinese and destined for Chinese players as it seemsto be right now.... it might not like my American money, if ye get my gist *wink*..
  • destruction
    edited August 2008
    Options
    anyandrell wrote: »
    Well I might say myself that if it's so very Chinese and destined for Chinese players as it seemsto be right now.... it might not like my American money, if ye get my gist *wink*..

So you saying you will not play if they don't change the name?
    Yea?
    Your loss....
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Really anyandrell? You'd let a trivial thing like a (mostly) faithful translation deter you from supporting the game with money you'd otherwise spend?

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, then.
  • elite
    elite Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i dont think anyone likes the names of NPC's / Places, this has been said soooo many time in other threads
  • destruction
    edited August 2008
    Options
    So what?
    It's just names...
    If you like MY PW names that much, go back...
    Yea...
    Go back to your laggy MY-friendly names server !
  • anyandrell
    anyandrell Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well said that on some people sarcasm is lost.

Anyway. I would not be "supporting" a game. I would be paying a service. Maybe when you grow up a little and you face the harsh truths of real life you might learn the difference.