Those funny guys from PW European MS version

karmelia
karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
They changed the label of their game to "Perfect World Multilanguage Service International Version"

Looks like they are trying to confuse the players between PWI and themselves.
Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
Post edited by karmelia on

Comments

• infrequentia
    infrequentia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Wow, that's really low.
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    when they did that, are you sure? anyway ill ask them ^^
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
  • eniac
    eniac Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Agreed, it's quite confusing. Both versions seem to claim to be the "right" one for English-speaking Europeans. And then there's the Malaysian English version too! I suppose everyone will need to pick the version that has the best ping times for them and features they want. For me the choice looks pretty easy since I'm in the U.S. and I detest nonconsensual PvP.

Still, this fragmentation of the PW community can't be good. It appears that PW Beijing has its subsidiaries competing against each other. :(
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    eniac wrote: »
    Still, this fragmentation of the PW community can't be good. It appears that PW Beijing has its subsidiaries competing against each other. :(

No, the company that licended the game in Europe is not a subsidiary of Bejing PW. It's an independant, like Cubinet.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • anima
    anima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Play where your ping is lowest. And I think PWI is the best choice over those servers, as long as PWE here still claim that they are a branch of Beijing PW.
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    No, the company that licended the game in Europe is not a subsidiary of Bejing PW. It's an independant, like Cubinet.

pw ms
    http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/cus_os.html
    http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/news_c_080729.html

pw usa
    http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/news_c_080715.html
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    If PWE is cheaper, which I highly suspect it will be, they'll steal a lot of customers. I'll be laughing if that happens due to GMs ignoring our input on prices.
    eniac wrote: »
    ... and I detest nonconsensual PvP.
    consentual pvp isn't pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • siberian
    siberian Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ren wrote: »
    If PWE is cheaper, which I highly suspect it will be, they'll steal a lot of customers. I'll be laughing if that happens due to GMs ignoring our input on prices.

Sure you're not confusing PK with PvP?
  • eniac
    eniac Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Thanks for the correction, karmelia, and for the links, stryke! Good information.

Subsidiary vs. subsidiary or subsidiary vs. licensee, it still seems kinda strange to me.
  • destruction
    destruction Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    These Cheap Europeans!!!
    DOWN WITH THEIR VERSION!
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    No matter how i look at it, the "EU" version is more international since they don't plan to have any IP blocks. Unlike the "Intl" version which blocks many regions ;)

Let's see how it turns out to be in the end..
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anyandrell
    anyandrell Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Now if they didn't name ADC Archosaurus and if less than half of the NPCs DON'T have Chinese names I might actually think of going there even if the zen's are more expensive lol.
  • soukyuu
    edited August 2008
    ^ they will have chinese NPC names from what i heard.

i'm not sure yet where to play, both sides have their problems, now to decide what problems i can deal with and what not...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    siberian wrote: »
    Sure you're not confusing PK with PvP?

No, you're confusing duels and consentual carebear BS with pvp and pk.

PVP = killing players in open, and they usually flag back, usually around your level as well.
    PK = griefing (repeated killing, killing low levels) players and going highly red
    If it's consentual or in an arena it's carebear rubbish and not fun in the slightest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    PVP = killing players in open, and they usually flag back, usually around your level as well.
    PK = griefing (repeated killing, killing low levels) players and going highly red
    If it's consentual or in an arena it's carebear rubbish and not fun in the slightest.

I'm sure you fit very well the PK description Ren. You are soooooooooooooooo frustrated to see all the smart players going to the PvE server, so you'll be left with no one to gank upon.

Booo ooo ooo :(. Poor Ren :(

• karmelia
    edited August 2008
    soukyuu wrote: »
    ^ they will have chinese NPC names from what i heard.

They will also have the chinese botters and gold farmers...

• ren
    edited August 2008
    I'm sure you fit very well the PK description Ren. You are soooooooooooooooo frustrated to see all the smart players going to the PvE server, so you'll be left with no one to gank upon.

Booo ooo ooo :(. Poor Ren :(

I lol'd. AT you, though, as always. Just like everyone else does.

What's ironic though is that description fits the PvE players more, they are frustrated that they will have to make friends in order to fend off PKers whose KOS they end up on from acting like you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    I lol'd. AT you, though, as always. Just like everyone else does.

What's ironic though is that description fits the PvE players more, they are frustrated that they will have to make friends in order to fend off PKers whose KOS they end up on from acting like you.

YOU are the laughing stock on these forums Ren. Reality hit hard eh?

Majority will go PvE to not have to be ganker by unskilled players like you who are only able to PK players 30 levels below them.

Oh, and there are no KOS on the PVE server either. Poor you again..... boo ooo ooo :(

• ren
    edited August 2008
    YOU are the laughing stock on these forums Ren. Reality hit hard eh?
    What do I care if a few crybabies laugh at me to try to convince themselves they're not inferior?

Majority will go PvE to not have to be ganker by unskilled players like you who are only able to PK players 30 levels below them.
    Proofs? Most people I see say lost city, (or west pvp which doesn't even exist now)
    Also proof of me being a ganker of low levels?
    Only low-level ganking I ever did was my 76 buffer + 56 TH friend vs a 56 destro and 56 WC/BD, and it wasn't pretty because that was back when Destroyers were OP. 56 nearly one shotting a 76 with low mp in a 3v2 and still losing...
    Oh, and there are no KOS on the PVE server either. Poor you again..... boo ooo ooo :(
    No, "poor whoever has to deal with karm's ******** and cant shut him up because hes permablue"/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • danubus37
    danubus37 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Doesnt bother me in the least. Id actually prefer if most non North american players would goto this version of PW. They have their own version in their backyard so they might as well use it.
  • soukyuu
    edited August 2008
    That's what bothers me. On the other hand i rather play with bots than with flame-happy people.
    This "gankers vs carebears" thing is starting to get annoying.
    And a couple of other things...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • inferno
    inferno Posts: 12
    edited September 2008
    1. In any game you play you'll always find botters, chinese or not, you'll find them.
    2. If you like this version, stay here, we're not insulting USA version.
    3. If they put that thing of International it's not to confuse, it's to state that they aren't going to put any IP Block and anyone can play.
  • undeath
    undeath Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    They changed the label of their game to "Perfect World Multilanguage Service International Version"

Looks like they are trying to confuse the players between PWI and themselves.
    Let all the European go and play on their own server....we don't want you here...you're the lag for US servers...hahhahahahahahaha
  • inferno
    inferno Posts: 12
    edited September 2008
    undeath wrote: »
    Let all the European go and play on their own server....we don't want you here...you're the lag for US servers...hahhahahahahahaha
    Exactly, let's all play where we want but let's stop insulting people, because insulting is the weapon of the brainless.
  • julio69
    julio69 Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    yeah but there's no way around legally you know...

if some independent company that bought the rights of pw for the region wants to do that they can do =X, just like that ip ban thing that they are doing or will do
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RageQuit Inc.
  • warlordinpw
    warlordinpw Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2008

No matter what happens i'm staying here in PWi :cool:
  • oo7
    oo7 Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    i will treat that as internal ring competition for the best service between PW license holders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I will be your angel
    Protecting you from heaven