Is Portugal Blocked?

Options
lazor
lazor Posts: 36
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
My goog friend was playing yesturday but can not log into this forum anymore or the game this is a pic of his message:

pic.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• roxy
    roxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    - Removed - Need to confirm.
    6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world
  • lazor
    edited August 2008
    Options
    but my friend was playing all this time up til last nite now of of a sudden he cant log in...he was NOT running a Proxy so where is this annoucement>?
    Q : Is this game free to play?
    A : Yes. It's a free to play game with cash shop / item mall

Q : What account will be used to log into the game? A new one or the one made for the forums?
    A : the account that you use to log into the forums will be the same one that you use to log into the game. (Orinj)

Q : Will there be IP blocks for some countries?
    A : Any country that currently has licensed Perfect World will be blocked. This includes Malaysia, Philippines, China, Vietnam, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, and others. (Xarfox)

Q : Will there be an IP block on Europe?
    A : No. We will not be banning any IPs from Europe. (Xarfox)

Q : Will there be GM coverage for all time zones?
    A : Yes.

Q : Is there some king of GMs code of conduct for this game?
    A : Yes
    what licensed version does portugal have? Last time i looked Portugal was Europe
  • lazor
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I juat made a global asking if there were any portugese people playing and i was mass pmed with portugese people...
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited August 2008
    Options
    the best would be an admin, confirmation...
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    There is currently no block for Portugal. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited August 2008
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    There is currently no block for Portugal. ;)

Roxy dont say things(she previously said portugal will be ip blocked 'cause it have its own pw!), if you are not sure! You are just big headed with your "position"!
    (sorry but thats enough , i got mad!)
    You dont have more ever to write "removed need confirmation", just remove it basta!
    Did you pay pwe? Honestly i think its how u became mod!
    Why hell are u mod?
    I am sure admins regret their choice!!
    And after this ill maybe get banned, but really are u all blind?
    Roxy is playing around! Xarfor pls.
  • aemroth
    aemroth Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Is your friend from the islands by any chance (Madeira or Azores)? I'm playing in continental Portugal and don't have any problems.

Also, i have heard rumors that the biggest ISP in Portugal (Netcabo) has used international servers in the past due to overload of their own servers or something like that.

Have her do a tracert in command line to the perfect world website or one of the playing servers (he can easily find the ip on firewall rules if using one).
  • starfox
    starfox Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    hm i am from germany and i have the same problem... can login to the forum but not log in the game since 2 weeks now...
  • irbis
    irbis Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    nounours wrote: »
    Roxy dont say things(she previously said portugal will be ip blocked 'cause it have its own pw!), if you are not sure! You are just big headed with your "position"!
    You dont have more ever to write "removed need confirmation", just remove it basta!
    Why hell are u mod?
    AFTER MY DEAD BODY!
    shes 19yo and shes cute AZN chick. theres no way i will let anybody harm her in any way >:3
    even so, whats bad about her having fun? shesnot payed you know. it is a freakin charity. so let her be geez.
    There exist only three beings worthy of respect:
    the priest, the soldier, the poet.
    To know, to kill, to create.
    -severan
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    nounours wrote: »
    Why hell are u mod?
    wooo cat fight *hands out a chill pill*

well honestly being a mod is errr... not worth it. you become the fulcrum upon which jealousy and respect balances. if you are not careful you'll get pawned by gravity. in other words, Roxy chose to be the fulcrum when she got a chance and do "jail time" in the forum.

Nounours, hun... just be thankful you are not a mod, being a normal player and a normal forum is the best thing that can happen to a person. As in the government, the citizens have more power than the president xD

<3 all you people ;)
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    neway whos banned till now? IP classes, w/e just let us know.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
  • smeckytozak
    smeckytozak Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Thank you Gm for the confirmation... this is a bit embarressing but..my friend forgot to tell me that he made multiple accounts and recieved zen from them all then transfered the Zen to his main character. :eek: Sorry for the post..i was misinformed.

As for the mod... I for 1 look to the Gms and mods on this forum for guidance...had my friend NOT done what he did he would of walked away from this game thinking he was blocked...thats 1 less player this game would of had.. thats 1 less person that would of bought Zen. As u know when 1 player leaves all the friends follow..u get a chain reaction. And thats exactly what happened last nite after that mod made that post. Ther werwe about 40 of them ready to follow him back to pw-my. Add 40 players times how many Zens they would of bought...DO U SEE MY MEANING??!!!!!!

I cant stand someone in a position of power who is a misinformed idiot. Do yorself a favor and quit ur mod job. I for 1 will never ever read ur posts bcoz u DO NOT no what u r talking about.

YES..I AM VERY MAD!!!!
  • lazor
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Thank you Gm for the confirmation... this is a bit embarressing but..my friend forgot to tell me that he made multiple accounts and recieved zen from them all then transfered the Zen to his main character. :eek: Sorry for the post..i was misinformed.

As for the mod... I for 1 look to the Gms and mods on this forum for guidance...had my friend NOT done what he did he would of walked away from this game thinking he was blocked...thats 1 less player this game would of had.. thats 1 less person that would of bought Zen. As u know when 1 player leaves all the friends follow..u get a chain reaction. And thats exactly what happened last nite after that mod made that post. Ther werwe about 40 of them ready to follow him back to pw-my. Add 40 players times how many Zens they would of bought...DO U SEE MY MEANING??!!!!!!

I cant stand someone in a position of power who is a misinformed idiot. Do yorself a favor and quit ur mod job. I for 1 will never ever read ur posts bcoz u DO NOT no what u r talking about.

YES..I AM VERY MAD!!!!

Diito....this mod will end up costing this game money...Idiot? ur too kind T
  • roxy
    roxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I would like to deeply apologize for being mis-informed regarding Lazor's question. Sorry about that. I realized I was wrong, but I was not able to delete my post, so yea... :(
    6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world
  • irbis
    irbis Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    meeooooooow Rooooxy.... <33333333333
    There exist only three beings worthy of respect:
    the priest, the soldier, the poet.
    To know, to kill, to create.
    -severan
  • kaeriin
    kaeriin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    What happened here? I dont see what Roxy could have said that would have made people so mad o_O plus he just admitted his friend used several accounts to get more zen? Err...
  • teesh
    teesh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Roxy is a mod, but she is also a person. And people make mistakes. So all of you pitching a hissy fit, get your heads our of your asses and get over it. She's doing the best she can, and from what I can see doing an excellent job. Oh noes, she may have given bad information to one moron from Portugal. *gasp* That's going to kill the game for real! /sarcasm off
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options

Hello smeckytozak,

People make mistakes. There's no reason to be overly critical and insulting.

Spamming accounts is definitely a possible reason as to why IPs get blocked. Please do not create accounts needlessly, as your main account may be jeopardized by doing so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aemroth
    aemroth Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    teesh wrote: »
    Oh noes, she may have given bad information to one moron from Portugal.

Actually he's not, the blocked friend is. Although it's not my intention to defend my country, 'cause shameful as that might be, account spamming and other legal-bending tricks like that are something i witness often by my countrymen, specially in f2p games. :(
  • stryke
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ok so where we can see or how we can find out what "regions" IP classes are blocked? if this server will have a policy to block regions
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    stryke wrote: »
    ok so where we can see or how we can find out what "regions" IP classes are blocked? if this server will have a policy to block regions

Any country already having it's own localised version of the game should be IP banned. This does not include Europe, even if they are going to have their own multilanguages server.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • stryke
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Thank you. but that doesnt help me too much.
    waiting to see which IP classes are blocked
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    stryke wrote: »
    Thank you. but that doesnt help me too much.
    waiting to see which IP classes are blocked

Since every country is having it's own IP range, it's possible to block a country without blocking anyone else.

Problem may arise if they input a bad IP range.

Also, some ISP may have deals with others out-of-country ISP to use some of their IP address if need arise, so someone may end up IP-banned because of that.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • lazor
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hold on here...smeckytozak was not the 1 doing this...it was a friend of ours in game.

Thank you roxy for your apology...